Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Another confirmed case in St Ursula's Primary notified today.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Another confirmed case in St Ursula's Primary notified today.

Irish Examiner today:
    The author of a new report regarding the rates of transmission of Covid-19 among schoolchildren has called for “transparency of all data” from the health authorities with regard to the prevalence of the coronavirus in Irish schools.
    The report, which has been seen by the Irish Examiner, was delivered to Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan earlier this week with a request that he bring it to the attention of the public health authorities.
    It notes that 86% of cases, according to official statistics, among 5-14-year-olds have occurred since the beginning of September, when schools reopened for the first time since the onset of the pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

En7VdrYXIAIyhmi?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

I wish there was more of a breakdown of where our cases are coming from,factories,shops,schools,where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

aziz wrote: »
    I wish there was more of a breakdown of where our cases are coming from,factories,shops,schools,where ?

This is the info we really need. Its not anything to do with GDPR to know where in general cases are coming from but I think part of the reason we aren't being told as we are not allowed to work out the trends for ourselves and rewrite the restrictions.

If we could see that the majority of cases were from a certain sector then we might take less precautions if we weren't in that sector of business/community.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Yeah but it be nice knowing what to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

aziz wrote: »
    Yeah but it be nice knowing what to avoid

Well thats the point. You'd be making your own mind up what to avoid and perhaps not doing what that government want you to do.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

This is the info we really need. Its not anything to do with GDPR to know where in general cases are coming from but I think part of the reason we aren't being told as we are not allowed to work out the trends for ourselves and rewrite the restrictions.

If we could see that the majority of cases were from a certain sector then we might take less precautions if we weren't in that sector of business/community.

Isn’t this what the publicans are asking for?

Show us the evidence that the last spike came from the pubs being open rather than this hypothetical “when people get drunk they lose all inhibitions and become super spreaders”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

28-11-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,444 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Roanmore wrote:
    Show us the evidence that the last spike came from the pubs being open rather than this hypothetical “when people get drunk they lose all inhibitions and become super spreadersâ€.

Only that when other countries opened their pubs, numbers went up, we all know us humans don't give a sh1te when we throw a couple of pints into ourselves, it's why we consume the stuff

• Advertisement

Data on pubs in the paper this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Data on pubs in the paper this morning.

Which paper?

5 cases, will there will be dozens after yesterday's game? Seems to be a trend

5 cases, will there will be dozens after yesterday's game? Seems to be a trend

Wait till you see what happens if we win the bloody thing. All sense will go temporarily out the window. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Wait till you see what happens if we win the bloody thing. All sense will go temporarily out the window. lol

And why not if we do go on to win a first all Ireland since 1959? Half three KO on a Sunday afternoon a week before Xmas.... Be prepared for the party season to begin very early locally! It will be impossible to prevent people gathering and watching that match in house's.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

And why not if we do go on to win a first all Ireland since 1959? Half three KO on a Sunday afternoon a week before Xmas.... Be prepared for the party season to begin very early locally! It will be impossible to prevent people gathering and watching that match in house's.

Its inevitable that this will happen, will also happen in Limerick too, the only way to avoid it was to cancel all GAA which they didnt do, so now all is left to do is enjoy it and for everyone to at least try and have a little common sense along the way.

Couldn't they push it out to the Spring and make sure Limerick/Waterford are vaxxed? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Couldn't they push it out to the Spring and make sure Limerick/Waterford are vaxxed? :)

Unfortunately I think we got an All-Ireland vaccination sometime in 1960. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Its inevitable that this will happen, will also happen in Limerick too, the only way to avoid it was to cancel all GAA which they didnt do, so now all is left to do is enjoy it and for everyone to at least try and have a little common sense along the way.

Win or lose there's going to be sessions on the 13th and 14th,i can only imagine what this thread will be like when videos start going around of people hugging and god forbid shaking hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Win or lose there's going to be sessions on the 13th and 14th,i can only imagine what this thread will be like when videos start going around of people hugging and god forbid shaking hands :D

But people will just blame the government when it all goes wrong.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

91wx763 wrote: »
    But people will just blame the government when it all goes wrong.

And the government will blame the people :)

I'll blame the GAA as that's usually the right thing to do! :pac:

Today

EoFwapSXIAQNZZO?format=jpg&name=small

Numbers a mess! Yesterday lot of data not updated on hub and gov.ie but the county numbers and briefing were. Today 's numbers are different

30-11-2020.jpg

01-12-2020.jpg

I will be one of them most likely. Virus be damned for those precious few hours. We've waited and waited for this...

Under 5 again.

• Advertisement

02-12-2020.jpg

Advertisement