Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

16-12-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Has there been any talk about extending the school break in early January? I don't have children, I'm just wondering.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has there been any talk about extending the school break in early January? I don't have children, I'm just wondering.

Ruled out today by the minister for Education, shur schools aren’t the problem apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ruled out today by the minister for Education, shur schools aren’t the problem apparently.

And absolutely no adults meet up at school or partake in activities while the kids are at school that would lead to CoVid spread either. It's like a serious elven cloak envelopes the education system and all aspects related to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sh1tstorm approaching

• Advertisement

17-12-2020.jpg

Latest LEA
    17-12-2020-p1.jpg
    17-12-2020-p2.jpg
    17-12-2020-p3.jpg
    17-12-2020-p4.jpg

And that's as good as its gets until the next lockdown.

Case in Educate together

18-12-2020.jpg

• Advertisement

19-12-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

How long until that ****show in Wexford starts to show in the numbers here? I know of a few workplaces that have numbers of people isolating because of contact with others who were in contact with that cluster ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

How long until that ****show in Wexford starts to show in the numbers here? I know of a few workplaces that have numbers of people isolating because of contact with others who were in contact with that cluster ****.

About 2 weeks. Some travel on the ferry daily to work in your county.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What sh1t show?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Today's numbers... Wooah! Just Wooah! Bit taken aback TBH. Not sure what the local figures are but given the time of year a lot of folk have left their guard down country wide. Together with the variant in the UK coming to the fore its pre Christmas headlines nobody wanted or expected. With the vaccines on the horizon let's not anyone get shot in the final furlong for the sake of a chance meeting. Bunker down and stay safe.

17 here, the place is a joke. You're all a bunch of morons (except those who have been careful). I swear if I see a yellow reg car that I know isn't already "local" I may let the air out of the tyres.

It's very very busy everywhere tbh. To get a break from town and a bit of fresh air, went to Tramore today. If you ignored the proliferation of coats and hats you could be confused as to what month it actually was. I've seen it quieter in July. Likely safe enough given its outdoors and spacious but every place seems to be heaving right now. And we're yet to see the effects of opening back up pubs, restaurants and house visits again yet. Level 5 from very early January seems likely and stuck like that until they get their finger out with the vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

17 here, the place is a joke. You're all a bunch of morons (except those who have been careful). I swear if I see a yellow reg car that I know isn't already "local" I may let the air out of the tyres.

Do yourself a favour Harry and stop looking at the numbers and try take a break from all the covid news just do what you have to do to keep yourself safe and have a good Christmas.

You're right of course, the people who "won't be told" just won't be told, hence the expression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Here we all believing we were in the final furlong given the holy grail of vaccines and suddenly it's taken a completely unexpected turn of events over the past few days. There's still another couple of weeks of "festivities" on the horizon too. Dunno if it's complacency or the unpredictable nature of the present but it sure seems like one unending rollercoaster ride. Locally it's been pretty busy around the place on all fronts these past few weeks since restrictions were lifted. Sure numbers were always gonna rise but didn't expect such a steep spike and so quickly TBH. Hopefully it will be a wake up call to us all. However if these figures are only the result of the seeding effect over recent times then it doesn't bear thinking about. Once again stay safe. Enjoy the Christmas. But opt out of the notion it's a run of the mill Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's very very busy everywhere tbh. To get a break from town and a bit of fresh air, went to Tramore today. If you ignored the proliferation of coats and hats you could be confused as to what month it actually was. I've seen it quieter in July. Likely safe enough given its outdoors and spacious but every place seems to be heaving right now. And we're yet to see the effects of opening back up pubs, restaurants and house visits again yet. Level 5 from very early January seems likely and stuck like that until they get their finger out with the vaccine.

wouldnt surprise me if we re in level 5 at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Here we all believing we were in the final furlong given the holy grail of vaccines and suddenly it's taken a completely unexpected turn of events over the past few days. There's still another couple of weeks of "festivities" on the horizon too. Dunno if it's complacency or the unpredictable nature of the present but it sure seems like one unending rollercoaster ride. Locally it's been pretty busy around the place on all fronts these past few weeks since restrictions were lifted. Sure numbers were always gonna rise but didn't expect such a steep spike and so quickly TBH. Hopefully it will be a wake up call to us all. However if these figures are only the result of the seeding effect over recent times then it doesn't bear thinking about. Once again stay safe. Enjoy the Christmas. But opt out of the notion it's a run of the mill Christmas.

Unexpected ? I dont think so.

The word you are looking for is inevitable.

20-12-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Was in a takeaway the weekend which is connected to a pub. The doors were open between the two of them. The place was packed with people all on top of each other. I said to the one that served me that they must have been flat out with the orders from the pub, she laughed and said was hardly any.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Was in a takeaway the weekend which is connected to a pub. The doors were open between the two of them. The place was packed with people all on top of each other. I said to the one that served me that they must have been flat out with the orders from the pub, she laughed and said was hardly any.

probably be all shut at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

And that same publican will be whinging when the pubs are shut again for months on end. They're killing their own businesses by not abiding by the rules. The same people breaking the rules are the same people who have been whinging about the "lockdowns" and restrictions etc since March.

16 cases

Epx3S5nXIAE8C7c?format=jpg&name=small

Wexford and Kilkenny notably bad.

16 cases

Epx3S5nXIAE8C7c?format=jpg&name=small

Wexford and Kilkenny notably bad.

Time to seal the borders

• Advertisement

Name and shame.

Advertisement