Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

21-12-2020.jpg

Saw certain school was shut today due to not having enough staff

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/12/21/ursuline-closed-due-to-staff-shortages/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

spookwoman wrote: »
    Saw certain school was shut today due to not having enough staff

thats very strange, staff must have gone on holidays early, or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Was in a takeaway the weekend which is connected to a pub. The doors were open between the two of them. The place was packed with people all on top of each other. I said to the one that served me that they must have been flat out with the orders from the pub, she laughed and said was hardly any.

Have an idea of where you could be talking about, down the road from a graveyard and college ??

More annoying is us fools been charged for food and time limits if we go other places

All personal responsibility tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Time to seal the borders

Wexford bad again today ,mostly thanks to the funeral in ramsgrange 10 days ago reports a chalice full of whiskey was passed around at the afters some yellow belly tradition, rest is history , dont just close stena close passage east too, before were all infected by the chalice vectors...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have an idea of where you could be talking about, down the road from a graveyard and college ??

More annoying is us fools been charged for food and time limits if we go other places

I wouldn't say you are wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

PTH2009 wrote: »

Same is happening in a pub at the top of the town, disaster waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

marlin vs wrote: »
    Same is happening in a pub at the top of the town, disaster waiting to happen.

I'm sorry but why aren't these pubs being named and shamed? Potentially prolonging this s*** show and as another poster has said, they will be 1st group of people on deise today giving out that they are closed again. Really boils my blood. If my time line on social media is any indication last weekend was the tipping point with many Christmas parties still going ahead. Heck I even saw one group of people all staying in a well established hotel, no social distancing, 9 of them, not one of them stating in same household. It really is laughable. Sorry about my rant but more worried now than I was in March. We will see the number rise significantly in 7days or so as a result of thr weekend. All because pubs and restaurants were open and social gatherings were practically promoted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

tbayers wrote: »
    I'm sorry but why aren't these pubs being named and shamed? Heck I even saw one group of people all staying in a well established hotel, no social distancing,
    Why don't you name and shame?

marlin vs wrote: »
    Why don't you name and shame?

Ha, touché.

Waterford Castle...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

tbayers wrote: »
    I'm sorry but why aren't these pubs being named and shamed? Potentially prolonging this s*** show and as another poster has said, they will be 1st group of people on deise today giving out that they are closed again. Really boils my blood. If my time line on social media is any indication last weekend was the tipping point with many Christmas parties still going ahead. Heck I even saw one group of people all staying in a well established hotel, no social distancing, 9 of them, not one of them stating in same household. It really is laughable. Sorry about my rant but more worried now than I was in March. We will see the number rise significantly in 7days or so as a result of thr weekend. All because pubs and restaurants were open and social gatherings were practically promoted

Just looking at a picture on a facebook friends timeline. They are tagged with 9 other people on a night out acknowledged as a works do from a very big shop in the town at a "colourful" venue.....

All sat in a circle, arms around each other. But what worse is that 77 people have reacted with "like" or "love" to the picture including the "venue" !!!! No "sads" or "angrys". Seems very like nobody gives a fiddlers really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

**** sake lads the FBI et al is not watching your posts on a remote corner of boards.ie and ISP locating you. Either name the bars/businesses in question or shut up and silently admit you're every bit as much a slimy bollix as the owners of said establishments.

**** sake lads the FBI et al is not watching your posts on a remote corner of boards.ie and ISP locating you. Either name the bars/businesses in question or shut up and silently admit you're every bit as much a slimy bollix as the owners of said establishments.

PINKS !!!!

Happy now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lilo66

I dont see Light of Christ on the list and know of case there last week

Lilo66 wrote: »
    I dont see Light of Christ on the list and know of case there last week

De la salle added up to 4 as of 20th migth be an idea to get hold of @MartinaBroe1 on twitter or the fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/600905740607906/?ref=share

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Craftsman.

Saw some questionable photos from Waterford castle and I'd back up what a previous poster said about Pinks too. Photo's were all over facebook/instagram at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

I'd like to see all these places named and shamed so, when the owners are whinging, at the end of the month and early next year, that their business is struggling, they can be reminded that it is their own fault.

I am a healthcare worker, I live on my own, I had a very difficult year (separate to covid) and, I will be spending Christmas on my own because of selfish assholes who just simply won't think about anyone else but themselves for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd like to see all these places named and shamed so, when the owners are whinging, at the end of the month and early next year, that their business is struggling, they can be reminded that it is their own fault.

I am a healthcare worker, I live on my own, I had a very difficult year (separate to covid) and, I will be spending Christmas on my own because of selfish assholes who just simply won't think about anyone else but themselves for a few months.

id actually some what disagree with your first statement, this has been an absolute dreadful year for business owners, theyre simply terrified of losing their businesses, which is now extremely highly likely for many. theres actually nothing stopping the government from stepping in and guaranteeing any loans businesses have, making sure all employees and employers have enough to survive on, pup payments etc, until this has moved on, but they simply wont. by not doing so, sets off a chain reaction of events, which leads to placing critical people such as yourself in even more danger, this is simply ridiculous now, fiscal conservativism shows its great weakness in crisis such as now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Lines outside Geoffs the other night to were incredible. Seem mostly people in the early 20s going in there. I'm curious how so many people in they're could be accomadated. Place looked packed to the rafters. It's really a place I'd go for something to eat so assuming they were all there to get hammered.

Hijpo wrote: »
    What sh1t show?

Son of woman who's funeral it was has died from the covid he caught at funeral.

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Craftsman.
    Theres a band that plays in that pub, "P.O Neill and the balaclava wearers".

So let's presume the place is above the law.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

91wx763 wrote: »
    Son of woman who's funeral it was has died from the covid he caught at funeral.

really?

dzilla wrote: »
    really?
    Think so check rip.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just seen it on RIP/South East Radio Death notices unless it's a remarkable coincidence which clearly it isn't.

Just seen it on RIP/South East Radio Death notices unless it's a remarkable coincidence which clearly it isn't.

Looks like it and 3 others in ICU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looking at rip.ie - the mother died 4 days after her funeral! Seriously though the gap between the two deaths is only three weeks so the son's may not be related to the funeral on the 4th per se.

Very sad in any event.

27 cases. Nearly 1000 nationally.

Ep3BbuMXMAIOp0Q?format=jpg&name=small

22-12-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Micky Bluenips

Looking at rip.ie - the mother died 4 days after her funeral! Seriously though the gap between the two deaths is only three weeks so the son's may not be related to the funeral on the 4th per se.

Very sad in any event.

a

Ep3BbuMXMAIOp0Q?format=jpg&name=small

One son died in Wexford yesterday after being in ICU fir last week with covid. Other son is in ICU in Waterford hospital. Very sad but we nearly a year into this now and people still flocking to funerals to shake hands

Very sad in any event.

[/IMG]

I think some of the papers got the date of the friday wrong SE radio list as is last friday which would be the 11 which makes sence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

spookwoman wrote: »
    I think some of the papers got the date of the friday wrong SE radio list as is last friday which would be the 11 which makes sence
    Funeral was definitely on the 11th, alot of stupidity around the events but terribly sad, a girl has lost her grandmother and dad in the space of 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Funeral was definitely on the 11th, alot of stupidity around the events but terribly sad, a girl has lost her grandmother and dad in the space of 2 weeks.

Jeez that is horrible

Advertisement