Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Looking at rip.ie - the mother died 4 days after her funeral! Seriously though the gap between the two deaths is only three weeks so the son's may not be related to the funeral on the 4th per se.

Very sad in any event.

27 cases. Nearly 1000 nationally.

Ep3BbuMXMAIOp0Q?format=jpg&name=small

It is unquestionably connnected. See recent notices in rip.ie for that area and compare the close relatives names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

frank8211 wrote: »
    It is unquestionably connnected. See recent notices in rip.ie for that area and compare the close relatives names.
    it 100% is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

I'd like to see all these places named and shamed so, when the owners are whinging, at the end of the month and early next year, that their business is struggling, they can be reminded that it is their own fault.

I am a healthcare worker, I live on my own, I had a very difficult year (separate to covid) and, I will be spending Christmas on my own because of selfish assholes who just simply won't think about anyone else but themselves for a few months.

Are you ok for Christmas dinner? I could drop one to you on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

it 100% is the case

One son died in Wexford hospital, another son is in ICU in Ardkeen.

Verona Murphy TD apparently has tested positive for covid now. She used to work for Willy O Brien who owns the pub in Ramsgrange where it was spread about.

The web is an intricate one in south wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

91wx763 wrote: »

Verona Murphy TD apparently has tested positive for covid now. She used to work for Willy O Brien who owns the pub in Ramsgrange where it was spread about.

Ha ha I love it, rona has the rona ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Ha ha I love it, rona has the rona ;)

She's on the radio now denying it.

What do they say about politicians, never believe anything they say until they've denied it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Cases now in a factory staff connected to ramsgrange, also a bookies in town i read earlier where no guidelines were enforced..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Theres a band that plays in that pub, "P.O Neill and the balaclava wearers".

So let's presume the place is above the law.....

That place has no rules whatsoever for the regulars, a lot of whom spend night and day there drinking. God knows what they will do during lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

10 reported today, with 37 in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Lack of sleep catching up

23-12-2020.jpg

• Advertisement

Latest LEA 14 Day Incidence for Waterford

17-12-2020-p1.jpg
    17-12-2020-p2.jpg
    17-12-2020-p3.jpg
    24-12-p1.jpg

24-12-2020.jpg

3 now in Critical care and 12 in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

spookwoman wrote:
    3 now in Critical care and 12 in hospital

This is looking very worrying, I heard a lot of people were on the move over Christmas, a lot of house calls

When the county numbers are released I'd say it could be sobering.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

When the county numbers are released I'd say it could be sobering.

TBH the next month could be pretty sobering on all fronts. As far as I can see the numbers are going skywards at an alarming level. Hopefully it won't spiral out of control completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Do you think this lockdown could be the last? With the vaccine being rolled out over the next 6 months and the news that it seems to be effective against the new strains, would it be too optimistic to say that we will be back to normal by the middle or end of next yeat, bar some major unexpected events like another resistant strain or vaccine effects only lasting a few weeks?

Do you think this lockdown could be the last? With the vaccine being rolled out over the next 6 months and the news that it seems to be effective against the new strains, would it be too optimistic to say that we will be back to normal by the middle or end of next yeat, bar some major unexpected events like another resistant strain or vaccine effects only lasting a few weeks?

unfortunately i think there could be further lockdowns, its gonna take the bones of the year to fully role out vaccines, or to a level to which its truly sufficient to work, but i think this time next year, we ll be well on the way to somewhat normality

I'd expect this lockdown to become more serious when they do the review on the 14th and for it to last until mid February at least, that will probably be unwound to level 3 over a few weeks and then we'll have a rate rise albeit probably at a reduced rate in the Spring and then a final lockdown (so called) in late Spring for a month with level 2 ongoing thereafter - I expect us to be wearing masks, keeping our distance etc for most, maybe all next year.

Feel free to point out how wrong this post is later in the year!

I'd expect this lockdown to become more serious when they do the review on the 14th and for it to last until mid February at least, that will probably be unwound to level 3 over a few weeks and then we'll have a rate rise albeit probably at a reduced rate in the Spring and then a final lockdown (so called) in late Spring for a month with level 2 ongoing thereafter - I expect us to be wearing masks, keeping our distance etc for most, maybe all next year.

you could be very right, we ve no way of knowing, but i do think you re right with mask wearing and distancing etc.

it looks like im second last on the list of vaccines, could be 22 for me so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you could be very right, we ve no way of knowing, but i do think you re right with mask wearing and distancing etc.

it looks like im second last on the list of vaccines, could be 22 for me so

I'm sure the UK variant being found here will be a big factor in lockdown decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lots of anger towards the delay of the vaccine schedule in the country and i have to agree with it. Bloody waiting til Weds 30th when it should of started today (or even late yesterday)

Mark my words the HSE will **** this up

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Lots of anger towards the delay of the vaccine schedule in the country and i have to agree with it. Bloody waiting til Weds 30th when it should of started today (or even late yesterday)

Mark my words the HSE will **** this up

the hse will do just fine, there will be issues of course, but there will probably be issues in every other country also, theres only a few thousand vaccines in the country at the moment, this is gonna take a while, its actually amazing we re already experiencing this, compared to other viruses

Wait till it's known they'll be vaccinating 9-5 mon-fri!

Wait till it's known they'll be vaccinating 9-5 mon-fri!

Words can't describe how angry that makes me feel

'Ah sure shut down 70-80% of the country due too the virus but only do the vaccinations mon-fri 9-5, ah we be grand". Vaccine is the solution to our issues

Words can't describe how angry that makes me feel

'Ah sure shut down 70-80% of the country due too the virus but only do the vaccinations mon-fri 9-5, ah we be grand". Vaccine is the solution to our issues

so they should have allowed businesses to remain open all along?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    so they should have allowed businesses to remain open all along?

No they should of started the vaccinations ASAP giving more hope of opening up more sectors

No they should of started the vaccinations ASAP giving more hope of opening up more sectors

theyve 5 million people to do, its gonna take a while, a day or two quicker wont make much difference, and theyve only a few thousand vaccines in the country, put your feet up

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Seems a likely scenario. With the Govt and NPHET probably opting for a more cautious approach on January review. I'd say they will push it out till the start of March. We will more than likely see the case numbers hit 2,000 within the next week. The growth in figures has been huge this past week. From what I have read it is not the UK variant we have to worry about but the South African one. Apparently this affects the spike protein which may render the current vaccines ineffective. The pandemic has a bit to run yet unfortunately. Expect a few curve balls along the way. Let's hope the luck and the science triumphs.

• Advertisement

County numbers for today Number down due to low testing. Only 3364 tested today.
    27-12-2020-p4.jpg

Advertisement