Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

19 now in WRH +2
    Still 2 in critical care

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Ill be slated for being negative here but i really cant see it ending in a neat little fade to black way in 2021.
    This pandemic may take years to end, there are just too many unknowns to state that 2021 is the end...

Actually you are being realistic. You are taking in the full picture. There's too many unknowns and variables at the moment. To be perfectly honest nobody really knows how this will play out. We have put our faith in science and the vaccines. Hopefully it will respond. However the virus has shown how it can spread and mutate over the past nine months. Governments are at a loss over how to deal with it effectively. Just look back at all the changing plans, phases and restrictions we have had to adopt. Our behaviors have changed. Humans are social being and we Irish especially so yet we have had to completely alter this way of life for most of the past year and most probably for a large part of the new year. Even though I had grown sick and tired of NYE celebrations I would have gladly jumped into a time machine and gone back a decade just to experience that carefree feeling of enjoying the countdown in a pub or club or house party. That feeling of normality is what is missing right now. Meanwhile welcome to twenty twenty wan buoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

jimbojazz wrote: »
    100%, I’d be in the late 50’s bracket, My point being is that at my age and older we’ve come through crises, recessions etc and are in some way hardened but for the young, and I mean kids as well, it must be horrendous having the best years of their lives torn to shreds by this

I have 3 grandkids, 2 born in the last 6 months that I’ve yet to hlold, that’s tough, but if it means making those sacrifices to give them a safe future, it’ll be worth it

Lovely post.

This type of fortitude is what we all will need a lot of in the months (not weeks) to come.

Hopefully it becomes as contagious as the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Hodger wrote: »
    Without naming the place on a public forum Im after hearing the pub in question had a lockin Christmas eve.

Not sure of that part, but it's probably the same place as a friend of mine works who is now covid positive. He has driven me demented lately, traveled to Dublin for a lads birthday, out regularly in houses and mixing with different groups and has now begin to spam Instagram with preaching posts about how it's real, it's not nice and to stay home wear a mask etc etc

I love the guy, but Jesus it's tough to have sympathy sometimes.

Edit: I hear too that apparently 4000+ positive cases are going to be added from backlogged numbers, December has been a hell of a month obviously! Hopefully eases off again in the next 3 weeks with the holiday season winding down.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Not sure of that part, but it's probably the same place as a friend of mine works who is now covid positive. He has driven me demented lately, traveled to Dublin for a lads birthday, out regularly in houses and mixing with different groups and has now begin to spam Instagram with preaching posts about how it's real, it's not nice and to stay home wear a mask etc etc

I love the guy, but Jesus it's tough to have sympathy sometimes.

Edit: I hear too that apparently 4000+ positive cases are going to be added from backlogged numbers, December has been a hell of a month obviously! Hopefully eases off again in the next 3 weeks with the holiday season winding down.

Flattening the ‘stupidity of people curve’ is as difficult as flattening the covid infection curve...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Biscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,433 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i understand this is a British doctor talking about the nhs, but....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1344543533173190663

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

When RTE did that show based in James's, interviewing staff at every level, patients and relatives, the tinfoil hat wearers said it was "propaganda".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It’s in the Nursing home behind Woodlands Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i understand this is a British doctor talking about the nhs, but....

Needed to be said.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

The truth isn't really caught in this map as it doesn't have enough differential levels. everything over 240 per 100k looks the same - New Ross area is on 999!

39Lrm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Gael23 wrote: »
    It’s in the Nursing home behind Woodlands Hotel

Covid is I take it you mean.......?

That last sentence may as well be stamped on our foreheads at this stage. Our hospital is definitely in the top 3 worst funded/staffed/resourced hospitals in the country, it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

For years now Waterford has been denied a fair crack of the whip when it comes to 24/7 care. Is it the case that one or two very influential civil servants who work for the hospital but are not from Waterford are behind the constant blocking of services in the hospital or is it the case that we simply dont have enough political clout down here since we dont have effective sitting ministers in power?

For years now Waterford has been denied a fair crack of the whip when it comes to 24/7 care. Is it the case that one or two very influential civil servants who work for the hospital but are not from Waterford are behind the constant blocking of services in the hospital or is it the case that we simply dont have enough political clout down here since we dont have effective sitting ministers in power?

I know they had someone manage the hospital in a caretaker roll for years. They just didn't hire a replacement when the old manager or whatever they call it left.
    I think a number of factors including management are at fault.

5 today with 9000 odd backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think we can disregard the daily numbers for the next few weeks - just look at the tally mid month.

19 in WRH same
    5 in Critical care +3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Be summer before this wave/ tsunami subsides
    Plenty parties last night
    Nephet cant guidline for stupid unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Hoffmans wrote:
    Be summer before this wave/ tsunami subsides Plenty parties last night Nephet cant guidline for stupid unfortunately.

At least we didn't go full retard, like some French folks did

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

At least we didn't go full retard, like some French folks did

Oh but many tries their best to match them that's for sure. Crazy amount of cases confirms that too

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Be summer before this wave/ tsunami subsides
    Plenty parties last night
    Nephet cant guidline for stupid unfortunately.

Tsunami is a good description of what has transpired this past month. It has caught everyone off guard and by surprise even the Government. The numbers are beginning to look like lottery numbers now. It will take a huge effort to reduce them to some kind of normality. We are probably going to see daily totals in the thousands for the the next month. This will have a detrimental knock on effect on the hospital/health system which will not cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

What pub in Tramore is everyone talking about?

What pub in Tramore is everyone talking about?

'the britz' are in awful trouble with this virus!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

:):):) They sure are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Trouble enough not to renew their license? Unless im mistaken, it has been over 20 years since a pub license in this country wasnt renewed and it seems you have to torture and kill several people in front of witnesses on your premises before they would even consider taking that action. And im sure the owners of that pub are brazen enough to know that, and all they have to do is wheel out an insincere, carefully worded apology on social media a few months after the event, with emphasis on phrases like "We are human too and we make mistakes" and "Our customers mean the world to use" and before you know it, all is forgiven. People have very short memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Trouble enough not to renew their license? Unless im mistaken, it has been over 20 years since a pub license in this country wasnt renewed and it seems you have to torture and kill several people in front of witnesses on your premises before they would even consider taking that action. And im sure the owners of that pub are brazen enough to know that, and all they have to do is wheel out an insincere, carefully worded apology on social media a few months after the event, with emphasis on phrases like "We are human too and we make mistakes" and "Our customers mean the world to use" and before you know it, all is forgiven. People have very short memories...

Unfortunately the only language some publicans speak is the cash register ringing.

67 cases reported but they are working through a backlog.

• Advertisement

Do we know from what date the backlog cases start?

Advertisement