Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    There are others that said the kilcohan Centre was very quite...? How long did you stay there making the assessment...was it a casual glance as you passed by a few times or did you park up outside it with a clip board and do a count for an hour or two and then extrapolate our to get an average for a day....?

Stop being a clown, yeah sat there with a clipboard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The campus of WRH seems to have a lot of space and some buildings or even pre-fabricated places seem oft-times sparsely staffed.

Yesterday, it seemed odd that the Catholic? church was being used to administer Covid vaccinations.

Some people have said that this Covid-19 virus has come from China and that the devastating effect on the economy [not in the short or medium term], but in the longer-term, will be the economy of communism.
    Odd? then that the Catholic Church acquiesced to their Church helping this. ?

Wrong thread I think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Stop being a clown, yeah sat there with a clipboard

Good man....!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Good man....!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The campus of WRH seems to have a lot of space and some buildings or even pre-fabricated places seem oft-times sparsely staffed.

Yesterday, it seemed odd that the Catholic? church was being used to administer Covid vaccinations.

Some people have said that this Covid-19 virus has come from China and that the devastating effect on the economy [not in the short or medium term], but in the longer-term, will be the economy of communism.

Sweet creeping Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Just to put your mind at ease, it's no longer a church! It was deconsecrated ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

The "church" @ WRH is being used as a vaccination centre as it's large, open and has plenty & ventilation. It's the hospital making use of an empty space (due to the pandemic) and was made available by the Church chaplin. People pulling together in a crisis

Meanwhile your comments on communism & China are complete waffle. How you pieced together such disparate concepts into one incoherent statement beggars belief. Stop smoking that stuff and stay away from the conspiracy theories.

HSE Operations report

47 Now in hospital +4
    6 in icu no change

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There may be no mis-management of money at all in the health sector.

Every euro spent on the creation of more highly-paid careers is well-spent; and may give returns to the Government in the form of Votes.

is this well spent?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/department-of-health-secretary-general-pay-to-rise-by-over-90-000-1.4453509

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Anyone getting paid that much should have a job title "Department of Health secretary general a position that is worth more than 7 nurses".

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

I often wonder is the worst part of this damned virus that it has brought out the worst side in many of us. The amount of finger pointing, curtain twitching and general condescending comments everywhere across all social media is just awful. That's not a comment about anybody on this thread - it's a general observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

iphonehead wrote: »
    I often wonder is the worst part of this damned virus that it has brought out the worst side in many of us. The amount of finger pointing, curtain twitching and general condescending comments everywhere across all social media is just awful. That's not a comment about anybody on this thread - it's a general observation.

People were always judgmental and narrow minded. Social media just opened up the platform for them to express their views. If the internet existed during the Spanish Flu, the Middle Ages or before, the same views towards government, your fellow neighbours and people in general would exist.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Pharmacists and GP’s currently getting the vaccine out in UHW this morning, I wonder can we can assume at this stage that any working in the hospital that wanted it must have gotten it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

But maybe a bit more curtain twitching and enforcement of the nonconformity of the "shur we'll be grand" lot and we might be in a less deep pit of sh*t at present.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

In times of darkness turn to have humour.
    From Father Ted :
    "Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?"

Soon to be updated;

“Is there anything to be said for another lockdown?”

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

faceman wrote: »
    Soon to be updated;

“Is there anything to be said for another lockdown?”

A total and absolute lockdown!

No one allowed outside of their homes except medical professionals, Gardaí!

Shops closed, purchase ahead for a month and if you run out tough!

Public transport open to booking only and if you have a reason to travel you

should book in advance stating your reason for travel and proof of!

No one allowed to enter or leave the country!

A total and absolute lockdown!

No one allowed outside of their homes except medical professionals, Gardaí!

Shops closed, purchase ahead for a month and if you run out tough!

Public transport open to booking only and if you have a reason to travel you

should book in advance stating your reason for travel and proof of!

No one allowed to enter or leave the country!

surely this movie has been done before, hollywood really is running out of ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    surely this movie has been done before, hollywood really is running out of ideas!

I don't think it was seen here yet!

If it had surely they would have implemented some of the ideas from it!

I don't think it was seen here yet!

If it had surely they would have implemented some of the ideas from it!

ah in the age of the internets, we no longer have to wait for the video man!

At the start of it all last March due to the shock of the unknown most people were all in together. However by the Summer people became fatigued and all the old personality traits resurfaced. Witness the Golfgate outrage. With the internet, social media and our phones we are all critics. Thing is we are all different. Have different tastes and thoughts. We have to remember this and not fly off the rag at every little difference. Personally I don't do social media. Dipped into instagram but the novelty wore off pretty quickly. Actually I park my phone in the bedroom when I get home from work and switch off. I mainly use the phone for listening to music and podcasts. What I would be very concerned about is the younger generations who have lived there lives in the internet. A reckless comment or pic could ruin their lives. I'm middle aged so remember the pre mobile internet world. Sure it wasn't perfect but it seemed a lot more human. In today's woke world it's so very easy to offend. I read an article some time last year and it was saying that the level of attention and time we devote to our mobile's and virtual lives will undoubtedly have an impact down the line; it's a relatively new phenomena, only about 10+ years of the smartphone, yet we now invest so much time to it. It concluded that from future generations will wonder how we allowed such an unregulated item became so fashionable much as the cigarette companies if the 50s and 60s marketed their cigarettes. We all know the scene: family living room 4/5 people on the phones or worse again in different room's invested in some virtual world. Yes I appreciate the positive benefits of technology but ever wonder why we feel so much better after being out in nature for a walk etc living in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just under 7000 cases today, 320 in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

johnnykilo wrote: »

Just dont know anymore

This month is dog slow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Anyone see or hear the hunt today :eek: I heard them and a neighbor walking down the lane said they had heard them.

Now I didn't see then and only heard the hunting horn a few times.

Surely they couldn't be out hunting during a lockdown?

Wake me up when it's all over.

johnnykilo wrote: »

So that makes it 834 in two days with the Xmas backlog cleared! Still showing no signs of abating nationally or locally. We are getting worse if anything here in Waterford. Sadly some of these cases will translate into hospital admissions in UHW over the next few weeks.
    This month is gonna be pretty grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Anyone see or hear the hunt today :eek: I heard them and a neighbor walking down the lane said they had heard them.

Now I didn't see then and only heard the hunting horn a few times.

Surely they couldn't be out hunting during a lockdown?

Them ***** don't give a **** about anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

JPA wrote: »
    Them ***** don't give a **** about anyone else.

Going off on one about hunting people is just a convenient tangent.

It's EVERYBODY who doesn't give a **** about everyone else.

Including the briefing numbers today. Yesterday 1 was declassified.
    24/11/2020 we had 1,000 cases. and today 3,213. 1,638 in 1 week
    cases.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Heard the Isolation wing in UHW is now full so patients have to be brought into the main hospital now

Gael23 wrote: »
    Heard the Isolation wing in UHW is now full so patients have to be brought into the main hospital now

Bad buzz. This ain't good news. A doctor on radio this morning said something this morning that stopped me in my tracks : "we can't do anything about what is going to happen over the next two weeks. But we can effect the two weeks after that but only by considering our actions now. Each and every one of us. Some of those people who contracted the virus over past two weeks will envitably end up in hospital, ICU or will die".
    We all remember the TV footage of Italy and Spain last year. It could be on our own doorstep now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Is Kilcohan the only test centre in Waterford? Over 800 cases in just 2 days, can they even test that many in 2 days.

Advertisement