Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i made sure to go to a fairly remote part of the mountains over the weekend, still a few people around, but id say very few would venture up there during that type of weather, certainly no one on top where i was, thank god, bloody dangerous

I'm in similar boat since my partner is high risk. We went some where yesterday that wa around 10km from home. Very very quiet.. Yet if I went to usual walking spot I would have met easily 10times the amount of people.

I agree with other post though, big family jollies to sea side and beauty spots are hard to justify. But I'm contracting myself there so...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

91wx763 wrote: »
    Sorry but that's only validation. Exercise doesnt have to be a family jolly to somewhere that looks nice.

Some of the people who are obsessed with their cars don't seem to aware that they can go for a walk from their front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Lots of 'Do as I say, not as I do' vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I heard on Deise FM that a man had to be rescued by the RNLI lifeboat in Tramore. He had travelled down from Kilkenny for a swim. As you do. In January. In a pandemic. In a town that has had a large number of cases.
    I'm all for people exercising as a method of keeping active, stress relief and maintaining good mental health but this takes the biscuit. How about exercising some personal responsibility for the health of others?
    Apparently a lot of people from the city have also been going out to the seaside for a walk; Tramore, Dunmore, Woodstown. A lady from Dunhill said the Anne Valley has been full with walkers over the weekend. There's a story on the Journal.ie about traffic jams in the Wicklow mountains this weekend with Gardai having to manage traffic. Even Ryan Tubbridy on his show commented about the traffic this morning and over the weekend in the capital.
    And people wonder why the numbers still remain so stubbornly high? These sort of soft Level 5 capers are only going to prolong the restrictions and/or cause more case's than needs be.

I wouldnt have risked my life for that absolute clown. Natural selection, if hes that stupid he deserves to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I wouldnt have risked my life for that absolute clown. Natural selection, if hes that stupid he deserves to die.

id see them as a risk taker, and we d be no where without them

• Advertisement

Are you serious? Hes not a risk taker, hes an idiot. Its a global pandemic and this is a county with one of the highest case numbers in the country. So he decided it was a good idea to not only travel down from kilkenny and possibly spread the virus to garage staff on the way down, but to go for a swim when its almost minus 7 out there and then expect hard working volunteers to risk their own lives and potentially bereave their own families just on the back of a nonsenical idea? I would have left him off.
    If its his life or mine, i win.

Are you serious? Hes not a risk taker, hes an idiot. Its a global pandemic and this is a county with one of the highest case numbers in the country. So he decided it was a good idea to not only travel down from kilkenny and possibly spread the virus to garage staff on the way down, but to go for a swim when its almost minus 7 out there and then expect hard working volunteers to risk their own lives and potentially bereave their own families just on the back of a nonsenical idea? I would have left him off.
    If its his life or mine, i win.

same could be said for people such as myself, for spending a few hours on the mountains over the weekend, tis fairly normal human behavior

same could be said for people such as myself, for spending a few hours on the mountains over the weekend, tis fairly normal human behavior

I kind of guessed you would bring it back to yourself. My point is, its not normal. Its selfish, inconsiderate and dangerous. If you cant see why a person who travelled to a different county just for a swim, despite multiple warnings to stay at home to curb this virus, and in addition asking volunteers to risk their lives just to save him...if that doesnt stick out in your head, then thats on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Guess this kinda sentiment is why Ireland currently has the highest infection rate in the world!!!

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0111/1188856-ireland-covid-latest/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Guess this kinda sentiment is why Ireland currently has the highest infection rate in the world!!!

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0111/1188856-ireland-covid-latest/

So combine this horrendous development with us being one of the worst counties in the worst country...

Any of that "ah sure it's natural human behaviour" or "ah I know twas more than 5 kilometres from my home for a non essential reason but I didn't see the harm" deserves to be called out for what it is.

Selfishness.

If you're someone who is not following guidelines at the moment with stats like this, and hospitals and their staff at breaking point, then YOU ARE A D1CK.

And I really wish I didn't have to share the same society and community as you. But I do.

So for the love of whatever you hold dear, cop the fcuk on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Its seems despite us being told otherwise, that the backlog had been clears last week, it hasn't and there are still a few yet to be reported also. Some questions now need to be asked about how when and where the backlog figures get reported, especially considering the very high figures for Waterford over the weekend

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1348661244123901956?s=20

Also in relation to deaths in Waterford, prior to last week, the 4th Jan, we had 2 deaths reported, in the last seven days, there has been a further 5 deaths here unfortunately, all bar one of them were from nursing homes. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

In order to keep the staffing levels in the ED and ICU at an acceptable level, staff are being redeployed from other parts of the hospital. This is going to result in even less "other" activity in the hospital and, is going to have a massive impact on our patients.

Could everyone please please please just do what is being asked. Wear a mask, keep your hands clean, stay away from anyone you don't share a home with, only leave your home for essential reasons, work from home as much as possible, employers could you please cooperate and make it easier for your staff to work from home, one person per trolley, stay away from anywhere that looks crowded or is likely to be busy.

Please.

In order to keep the staffing levels in the ED and ICU at an acceptable level, staff are being redeployed from other parts of the hospital. This is going to result in even less "other" activity in the hospital and, is going to have a massive impact on our patients.

Could everyone please please please just do what is being asked. Wear a mask, keep your hands clean, stay away from anyone you don't share a home with, only leave your home for essential reasons, work from home as much as possible, employers could you please cooperate and make it easier for your staff to work from home, one person per trolley, stay away from anywhere that looks crowded or is likely to be busy. Please.

Cmon everyone this is coming from someone who is working in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Surely this takes the ‘ Moronic post of the day award’ award for today...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

68 today which seems just bizarre

EreDI2SXUAIbRPK?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Fairly normal behaviour in fairly normal times. However it’s fairly lousy behaviour when your country is locked down in order to avoid its hospitals being overrun.

It’s ironic stupidity from an individual who likes to give off the impression of being intelligent and well read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

68 today which seems just bizarre

Yesterdays 320 briefing number was down as 280 in the gov.ie report today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

As if the hospitals weren't busy enough add in the possibility of some f***ing idiot who has to be rescued from a mountain, by rescue services.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Yesterdays 320 briefing number was down as 280 in the gov.ie report today

Same as last Thursdays figure of 342 was reduced to 292. This may be down to people being tested in Waterford but have a home address of say Kilkenny or Wexford

• Advertisement

Hope you lads going for your walks have deep pockets

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/status/1348678187514023941?s=20

spookwoman wrote:
    Hope you lads going for your walks have deep pockets

Monetary fines are meaningless in my world, as I suspect some simply wouldn't change if they're imposed, as I wouldn't. I've no regrets, as it was ultimately for my mental well being, and it worked

Monetary fines are meaningless in my world, as I suspect some simply wouldn't change if they're imposed, as I wouldn't. I've no regrets, as it was ultimately for my mental well being, and it worked

Sounds nice. Which trail did you take?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

As if the hospitals weren't busy enough add in the possibility of some f***ing idiot who has to be rescued from a mountain, by rescue services.

The Guard did a great job with something similar. I'd say he was restraining himself here too.

https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1348273635908341760

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

I might get a ban for this but what a smug/arrogant/selfish/ banker of individual you are......

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

The Guard did a great job with something similar. I'd say he was restraining himself here too.

https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1348273635908341760

Wow, bualadh bos for that Garda.

I might be in the minority here but I'd like to see the Gardaí come down hard with those €100 fines and increasing fines for repeat offenders. I think the only thing that will work is to hit people in their pocket.

Also, just wanted to add this to my earlier post. To anyone who contributed any amount of money to the building of the Dunmore Wing of UHW, bualadh bos for you because, if we didn't have that building, I can't even explain how unbelievably fucked we would have been for the past 10 months.

Wow, bualadh bos for that Garda.

I might be in the minority here but I'd like to see the Gardaí come down hard with those €100 fines and increasing fines for repeat offenders. I think the only thing that will work is to hit people in their pocket.

Also, just wanted to add this to my earlier post. To anyone who contributed any amount of money to the building of the Dunmore Wing of UHW, bualadh bos for you because, if we didn't have that building, I can't even explain how unbelievably fucked we would have been for the past 10 months.

Totally agree, should increase fines each time caught and I hope in future reviews they might add penalty points to licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

spookwoman wrote: »
    Totally agree, should increase fines each time caught and I hope in future reviews they might add penalty points to licenses.

Unfortunately the fine is only if you refuse to turn around! A bit Irish if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Gavlor wrote: »
    Unfortunately the fine is only if you refuse to turn around! A bit Irish if you ask me.

That's handy, you can just turn around and go somewhere else until you get to a place with no checkpoints.

• Advertisement

HSE operations report

In hospital 63 +7
    ICU 6 No change

Advertisement