Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Wow, bualadh bos for that Garda.

Yeap, some people on twitter saying he was unprofessional. Personally I'd have dragged yer man out of the car and smashed his legs with my baton but whatever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

:o
    Yeap, some people on twitter saying he was unprofessional. Personally I'd have dragged yer man out of the car and smashed his legs with my baton but whatever :pac:

Tut tut, promoting violence on social media, surely a no no. Where are the moderators when they are needed... Oh wait!!!:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

spookwoman wrote: »
    HSE operations report

In hospital 63 +7
    ICU 6 No change

Do we know if those 63 people were admitted with covid to Ardkeen or did they contract it in the hospital,do the HSE release that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Do we know if those 63 people were admitted with covid to Ardkeen or did they contract it in the hospital,do the HSE release that info?
    They don't give out that info but I think at this stage if there was an outbreak in the hospital we would have heard something. That is one of the few things that seems to get out.

As of yesterday morning at 9.35
    All outpatient activity and elective procedures CANCELLED in UHW until at least 22 January.

and the 5/01/2021
    UHW cancelling all non urgent outpatient appointments, being done on a departmental basis.

Since the 5th there has been 43 admissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sounds nice. Which trail did you take?

Mohra, then across the ridge, ridge was lethal, impossible to know what you were sticking your feet into, ended up in a hole up to my waist of snow at one stage.
    Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    I might get a ban for this but what a smug/arrogant/selfish/ banker of individual you are......

There's nothing smugness about it, people are breaking these rules because they need to, psychologically, this pandemic is taking it's toll, many are taking to substances in order to deal with it, I'm prone to depression and anxiety, my preferred drug is walking, it works for me. Be very careful when making judgements of individuals actions, particularly right now, the human race is deeply stressed, and it's showing

• Advertisement

The Guard did a great job with something similar. I'd say he was restraining himself here too.

Fair play to him, they're lethal driving conditions

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Mohra, then across the ridge, ridge was lethal, impossible to know what you were sticking your feet into, ended up in a hole up to my waist of snow at one stage.

Jesus wept, and you think all this is a good idea right now?
    :rolleyes:

Thankfully South Eastern Mountain Rescue didn't have to save your ass, they've had 4 callouts since January 1st because people can't follow basic safety advice to stay the hell home.

Nobody in SEMRA should have to put their life at risk because of selfish people like yourself.

I get it you need to walk, but there's plenty of places you can walk without putting yourself and others in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Fair play to him, they're lethal driving conditions

Oh the ironing

Cabaal wrote: »
    Jesus wept, and you think all this is a good idea right now?
    :rolleyes:

Thankfully South Eastern Mountain Rescue didn't have to save your ass, they've had 4 callouts since January 1st because people can't follow basic safety advice to stay the hell home.

Nobody in SEMRA should have to put their life at risk because of selfish people like yourself.

I get it you need to walk, but there's plenty of places you can walk without putting yourself and others in danger.

i would not expect them to, i know the risks, i regularly walk the mountains with semra members, i have nothing but respect for them. i was prepared as best as i could for the walk, with previsions on me in person and in the car encase i got stranded

i have a mind that requires a certain level of risk taking regularly, ive always been like this, this is who i am, and im not alone
    Gavlor wrote: »
    Oh the ironing

how come?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

i would not expect them to, i know the risks, i regularly walk the mountains with semra members, i have nothing but respect for them. i was prepared as best as i could for the walk, with previsions on me in person and in the car encase i got stranded

Not enough respect for them to listen to them it seems though,

539222.png

by the way, provisions in your car mean little if you fall and break a leg up the mountain, it'll still ultimately be somebody rescuing your ass in that situation.
    As for provisions on your person, a rescue bag etc will only keep you alive so long in freezing conditions..which you know of course.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Not enough respect for them to listen to them it seems though,

539222.png

by the way, provisions in your car mean little if you fall and break a leg up the mountain, it'll still ultimately be somebody rescuing your ass in that situation

i am who i am, or maybe i should take to substances, like many others.... and i would not expect my friends to rescue me, it would be up to me, and if that didnt work out, so be it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

i have a mind that requires a certain level of risk taking regularly, ive always been like this, this is who i am, and im not alone

how come?

“They’re driving in lethal conditions”

You trekked along a dangerous icy mountain ridge.

Spot the difference?

Gavlor wrote: »
    “They’re driving in lethal conditions”

You trekked along a dangerous icy mountain ridge.

Spot the difference?

ah yea, tis all good, i still have no regrets, anyhow....

i suspect those 'socializing' over christmas, may have actually been taking bigger risks

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

i am who i am, or maybe i should take to substances, like many others.... and I would not expect my friends to rescue me, it would be up to me, and if that didn't work out, so be it....

I don't think the SEMRA members sit around debating if they should rescue someone when they get a call. Can't imagine them saying

"that's Wander78's car , he'll be grand and sure even if he's not, he won't want to be rescued. False alarm lads. Everyone head home"

Walking the mountains is dangerous at any time of the year but especially so when they're bad weather, take the advice of the people who know (SERMA)

How would your mental health be if someone was injured or died while rescuing you off the mountain?

I don't think the SEMRA members sit around debating if they should rescue someone when they get a call. Can't imagine them saying

"that's Wander78's car , he'll be grand and sure even if he's not, he won't want to be rescued. False alarm lads. Everyone head home"

Walking the mountains is dangerous at any time of the year but especially so when they're bad weather, take the advice of the people who know (SERMA)

How would your mental health be if someone was injured or died while rescuing you off the mountain?

i accept these comments, but i wont change, theres no point trying to make me feel shame or guilt, ive moved on. ive chosen my risks, i own it, i chose not to do what many others do to feel well, if i die doing it, i die. i will do this again, this is who i am, if others dont like it, so be it

any how, i think the tread needs some funnies

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348672461949313025

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Its really easy to add someone to the ignore list you know.

Stop feeding trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

i am who i am, or maybe i should take to substances, like many others.... and i would not expect my friends to rescue me, it would be up to me, and if that didnt work out, so be it....

Giving up the substances would be more in your line, might stop you endangering others because you clearly don't care about yourself.

91wx763 wrote: »
    Giving up the substances would be more in your line, might stop you endangering others because you clearly don't care about yourself.

how come? i feel great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There's nothing smugness about it, people are breaking these rules because they need to, psychologically, this pandemic is taking it's toll, many are taking to substances in order to deal with it, I'm prone to depression and anxiety, my preferred drug is walking, it works for me. Be very careful when making judgements of individuals actions, particularly right now, the human race is deeply stressed, and it's showing

I'm not sure walking in the hills is a recommended treatment for narcissism.

I'm not sure walking in the hills is a recommended treatment for narcissism.

narcissism? im potentially the least egotistical person i know. if you think my actions are, maybe check out all social media platforms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

narcissism? im potentially the least egotistical person i know. if you think my actions are, maybe check out all social media platforms

Good one!

I think you should check out the definition of narcissism. Or just read your own posts on this thread.

Good one!

I think you should check out the definition of narcissism. Or just read your own posts on this thread.

please explain?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Right lads, we either get this thread back on track now or it’s getting closed and bans will be issued, we must all accept that people are breaking the rules and restrictions, and just because wanderer78 has admitted doing so also, people constantly having a go at him is just feeding to the thread getting off topic.

what were our numbers yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I wonder when we look back at this year, will it be one that started horrifically then gradually over spring and summer with the vaccination rolled out plus the gradual reopening of businesses and increased travel allowed, morph into a positive year and one where we actually managed to amass a formidable weapon against the virus in the form of several long lasting vaccines.
    I know some may view the above as dreadfully naive and overly optmistic but its still the outcome i hope for..

I wonder when we look back at this year, will it be one thar started horrifically then gradually over spring and summer with the vaccination rolled out plus the gradual reopening of businesses and increased travel allowed, morph into a positive year and one where we actually managed to amass a formidable weapon against the virus in the form of several long lasting vaccines.
    I know some may view the above as dreadfully naive and overly optmistic but its still the outcome i hope for..

you could be right, some believe our economy could bounce back strongly, who knows, but hopefully we maintain our current belief of our health system needing serious investment and change, particularly in relation to those that work in it, i just hope we dont default to the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

128 cases in Waterford for the last 24 hours.

jesus whats the story with all the deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

3086 cases and 46 deaths
    128 in waterford today

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 46 additional deaths related to COVID-19. 2 of these deaths occurred in December 2020, and the remaining 44 occurred in January 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Are the 44 deaths in January 2021 part of a backlog of notifications or something? The way it's phrased sounds like it's spread out over the first 11 days of January. I'm wondering what would have delayed the notification of 44 deaths.

I know some deaths aren't notified until much later due to official standard procedures around deaths in medical settings vs deaths in private homes but the 44 deaths in the first 11 days of January wouldn't really fall under that umbrella.

The vaccination program in the hospital has gone really well, excellent uptake of the vaccine across all staffing groups. They worked through the weekend and they're after getting through everyone very quickly.

Advertisement