Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

spookwoman wrote: »
    Hearing of another death in Waterford today early 50's I believe.

Yes, 51, very well know throughout the city and country as would be his wife. RIP Nigel and condolences to Jeni and his kids and family.

https://twitter.com/damienwlr/status/1349730436113526789

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yes, 51, very well know throughout the city and country as would be his wife. RIP Nigel and condolences to Jeni and his kids and family.

https://twitter.com/damienwlr/status/1349730436113526789

Haven't seen him in years but it hits you when it's someone you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

RubyK wrote: »
    I see Mulligans Pharmacy in Barronstrand Street, are going antigen & antibody testing - has/is anyone going to have it done? I hadn't heard of this being available in Waterford, so just curious really.

https://www.mulliganspharmacy.com/Pages/Coronavirus-(COVID-19)

I got the Antibody test done in the start of June last year in Dublin, blood test, €80, took 24 hours for the result.

The nurse told me it's only really effective at showing if you've had COVID in the last 2/3 months, so of limited use, and I wish I'd known that before throwing €80 down the drain. :mad:

Haven't seen him in years but it hits you when it's someone you know.

Absolutely, a very good friend of my late Dad died from Covid last week, he was from Tramore and now we hear of Nigel who had been in ICU since early January, it’s so sad and so damn real, and if I hear one more person saying it’s only a flu....

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Absolutely, a very good friend of my late Dad died from Covid last week, he was from Tramore and now we hear of Nigel who had been in ICU since early January, it’s so sad and so damn real, and if I hear one more person saying it’s only a flu....

That's horrendous the numbers are starting to suddenly turn into names and faces. It's the people saying it's just a flu are the ones getting away with it - really gets on my nerves! Hate to wish the worst on people but.......... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

113 in Waterford.

My condolences to the Pim family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hard to see how schools could open in february, given the daily case numbers are still in the thousands. It would be tricky to expect schools to open if the numbers were in the hundreds, never mind 3000+.
    I feel very sorry for students at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hard to see how schools could open in february, given the daily case numbers are still in the thousands. It would be tricky to expect schools to open if the numbers were in the hundreds, never mind 3000+.

if i was a parent, i probably wouldnt be sending them back, fcuk that. jesus this went down hill extremely quickly, thats scary

Yesterdays was confirmed as 166 today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I wish they'd cancel the bloody Leaving Cert. How they didn't come into this academic year with a backup plan is beyond me. This batch missed what 2/2.5 months of 5 year and now a month of this year so far, no mocks etc and we're still playing along that they'll be doing exams in June. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I wish they'd cancel the bloody Leaving Cert. How they didn't come into this academic year with a backup plan is beyond me. This batch missed what 2/2.5 months of 5 year and now a month of this year so far, no mocks etc and we're still playing along that they'll be doing exams in June. :rolleyes:

tis fcuking ridiculous, the stubbornness

Holy f*ck Latest LEA

14-01-2021.jpg

I hope you lock-in heroes are proud of yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Holy f*ck Latest LEA

14-01-2021.jpg

Ah shur twas only a small lock in..............

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

I hope you lock-in heroes are proud of yourselves.

I hadn't seen your post when I posted !!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jaysus, Anyone in Tramore not have it?

Hse Op report
    92 In waterford +14
    6 in icu.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

faceman wrote: »

That's what I was thinking when I saw the seaside numbers! Doubled in the first week of January. Aren't we all supposed to be in level 5?? Did every pub in Tramore have a lock in over Christmas? They will have to pump the vaccines straight into the sea and let the locals go for a swim to sort that mess out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

faceman wrote: »

If the 1 in 20 statistic in tramore is accurate as was mentioned by a tramore based GP then 95% of people there don’t have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

That's what I was thinking when I saw the seaside numbers! Doubled in the first week of January. Aren't we all supposed to be in level 5?? Did every pub in Tramore have a lock in over Christmas? They will have to pump the vaccines straight into the sea and let the locals go for a swim to sort that mess out!

The pub lock ins up to Christmas Eve followed by the ‘densely’ attended and dense attendees of ‘house parties’.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

On the plus side you’ll have a whole lot of immunity in tramore in two weeks time, little need for the vaccine there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Junior Hurler

On the plus side you’ll have a whole lot of immunity in tramore in two weeks time, little need for the vaccine there.

You kidding? Doc said 1/20 had virus around New Year so let’s say 1/10 in Tramore got it since beginning. 10,000 folk in Tramore so just the 9,000 to go.

....and a good few dead, and whole pile more needing medical attention long term

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I've heard rumours that the Gardai have stopped and fined cyclists and walkers for being out beyond the 5k limit. Not known where this is though

gman2k wrote: »
    I've heard rumours that the Gardai have stopped and fined cyclists and walkers for being out beyond the 5k limit. Not known where this is though

fair play to them

Another 164 cases reported in Waterford this evening

C81-AE69-C-EBE3-4-CB9-9681-3116-AAC74-E8-D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Blaise1847

Is there a known outbreak in Waterford? We don't seem to be catching a break the last 2 weeks 😫

It's Tramore that's the hot spot/s - two lock-in pubs.

I've noticed a drop in traffic on my 5 minute commute and at work (I'm outside), the general thrum of the ring road at the Ardkeen end is quite a bit reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

gman2k wrote: »

Well they did say not to go beyond your 5km so I'm not surprised. No sympathy for them

• Advertisement

er1983 wrote: »
    Well they did say not to go beyond your 5km so I'm not surprised. No sympathy for them

doesnt work very well

Advertisement