Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    doesnt work very well

5km is a good radius so I dont see the necessity to go beyond for exercise!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Blaise1847 wrote: »
    Is there a known outbreak in Waterford? We don't seem to be catching a break the last 2 weeks ��

Dungarvan has the lowest incidence rate in the country according to the latest LEA stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

er1983 wrote: »

for some yes, for others no, road cyclists would regularly cycle in excess of 100k in a training session

It's really not. Not for long distance running or cycling.

for some yes, for others no, road cyclists would regularly cycle in excess of 100k in a training session

Well I know a few cyclists & they are staying in their 5km, so no excuse

• Advertisement

Well I know a few cyclists & they are staying in their 5km, so no excuse

..and i know plenty that arent, and i dont see the problem either, most, if not all cycling alone

It's really not. Not for long distance running or cycling.

Can keep repeating your radius then, I know loads doing that!

..and i know plenty that arent, and i dont see the problem either, most, if not all cycling alone

Well hopefully they are all fined then.

Well hopefully they are all fined then.

known to not work very well at changing behaviors, leading to further complex and risky behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

A few people fined and reported in the newspapers/media would do wonders for improving compliance.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

A few people fined and reported in the newspapers/media would do wonders for improving compliance.

also known to not work very well, i know people that were arrested and prosecuted, named and shamed, and theyre still involved in illegal activities

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

also known to not work very well, i know people that were arrested and prosecuted, named and shamed, and theyre still involved in illegal activities

Maybe so but it might deter others from doing so.

I'm not bothered about them. I'm just saying that if people are seen to be fined named and shamed then there will be more compliance.

Maybe so but it might deter others from doing so.
    I'm not bothered about them. I'm just saying that if people are seen to be fined named and shamed then there will be more compliance.

generally leads to more complex and dysfunctional behaviors, which ultimately costs everyone more in the long run

Can keep repeating your radius then, I know loads doing that!

You can but it's very boring :) I have a nice hilly 20 - 25km route I can do but it's very boring to keep repeating it, especially if ordinarily you go out a lot.
    Haven't been out on the bike myself since 5km came back in but realistically for my route with no races on the horizon I'm not going to cycle past my estate and then go round for a second lap. On a weekend I could go cycle empty rural roads on my own where I'm unlikely to meet anyone or I could go for a run to a local busy park via busy footpaths.
    See lots and lots of people breaking it on Strava. Up to them, I can't be bothered turbo sessions and running does me.

You can but it's very boring :) I have a nice hilly 20 - 25km route I can do but it's very boring to keep repeating it, especially if ordinarily you go out a lot.
    Haven't been out on the bike myself since 5km came back in but realistically for my route with no races on the horizon I'm not going to cycle past my estate and then go round for a second lap. On a weekend I could go cycle empty rural roads on my own where I'm unlikely to meet anyone or I could go for a run to a local busy park via busy footpaths.
    See lots and lots of people breaking it on Strava. Up to them, I can't be bothered turbo sessions and running does me.

...and im sure thats probably far more doing it, that are not on strava

Guards need to be uniform on what they do. Lots of Garda checkpoints waving cyclists through even in groups while turning cars around. Sending mixed messages is unhelpful.

Guards need to be uniform on what they do. Lots of Garda checkpoints waving cyclists through even in groups while turning cars around. Sending mixed messages is unhelpful.

ah wouldnt worrying about that, pay the fine if it comes to it, and plough on

Someone well know in a community who gets a fine sends a very helpful message.

Someone well know in a community who gets a fine sends a very helpful message.

not really, this has all been well researched at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Well if you keep posting it up on social medial sites that your are breaking the rules, someone will either know who you are or they will figure it out and report you.

covid restrictions only apply to the poor in your eyes?

I live near enough 2 reasonably popular tourist spots and both have been virtually dead last 2 days,hopefully it will keep up now and we can get this virus back under control

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Waterford is mentioned here https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/29-people-fined-e100-for-breaking-5km-travel-restrictions-1064660.html
    Waterford city: Male stopped walking on the street, said he had been out for food and then to see friends on the other side of the city — no reasonable excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

91wx763 wrote: »

Mad that the Guards have time to be stopping people walking on the road, id say there are a few power trippers amongst that cohart. There are a lot more pressing rules being broken like companies taking the absolute p!ss out of their status of essential just to get staff in, despite risk to their health. You also have house parties going on every day of the week and plenty of folk still not wearing masks.
    Thats where their collective energies should be focused.

spookwoman wrote:
    Well if you keep posting it up on social medial sites that your are breaking the rules, someone will either know who you are or they will figure it out and report you.

I'm sure the gardai will place me on 24hr watch, waiting for me to do so, so fire away....
    covid restrictions only apply to the poor in your eyes?

Restrictions apply to all, but expect some to not adere to them, by placing such restrictions, and virtually no investment into dealing with rising anxieties and stresses due to these restrictions, expect an increase in dysfunctional and risky behaviours such as increased consumption of alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, dangerous driving, domestic violence, suicides, attempted suicides, suicidal ideation, hospitalisations etc etc etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Hodger

91wx763 wrote: »

Travelling to meet a friend wouldn,t be a reasonable excuse. Travelling for food over 5 Km within reason would be.
    People can travel more than 5km from home to buy food in shops or collect takeaway orders but it must be within reason and within the “vicinity” of a person’s home.
    “So the rules are very clear - you’re to stay within the 5km (radius of home) for exercise. But if you need to get food, whether it’s dropping into the shops to get smaller items, whether it’s doing a bigger shop or even if it’s getting a takeaway, people are allowed to do that.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/people-can-travel-more-than-5km-to-collect-takeaway-food-says-minister-for-justice-1.4459370

You're an insult to the frontline workers. Why dont you go out and say you dont like adhering to the health advice? God love ye for having to do a few laps. The majority of people are staying within their 5km even if we dont like it but its idiots like you rubbing it in frontline workers faces, ye should be ashamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

You're an insult to the frontline workers. Why dont you go out and say you dont like adhering to the health advice? God love ye for having to do a few laps. The majority of people are staying within their 5km even if we dont like it but its idiots like you rubbing it in frontline workers faces, ye should be ashamed!

Of all the bigots,racists,trolls,people i badly disagree with in all aspects on any platform i ever encountered,its the pure sneering,smug,self-assured selfishness lead this to be only person ive ever blocked

Hiding behind mental illness to have their own way,while people below in ardkeen,dying gasping for air from a preventable disease spread by this carryon :mad:

Its easier to block,than get banned for saying your mind

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hijpo wrote: »

That’s unreal, in this day an age you’d wonder how a pub could continue to trade without a valid license

Advertisement