Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Was 7 as of 17th, but no update by county published since.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Man on our street was confirmed last night. Be interesting to see what the next update reveals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Man on our street was confirmed last night. Be interesting to see what the next update reveals

f*ck. Hope it has stayed away from you

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I think from here in things are going to escalate. I don’t think any family is going to escape this.

Let’s hope we all get through this

Screwfix have some p3 resperator masks / 99.98% Filter Efficiency which are far better than the white masks. you can click and collect if they have them in stock for the shop. Open at 7am in the mornings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

jimbojazz wrote: »
    I think from here in things are going to escalate. I don’t think any family is going to escape this.

Let’s hope we all get through this

We know it will escalate from the daily briefings and mentally we need to be ready for this but in 80% it’s only mild, we need to be realistic but cautious at the same time. As for masks any of the HSE briefings they have little or no effect, you can be wearing one and shake someone’s hand not wash and then eat something under the mask and you get it. If masks were a definite this voice would be in the public. Adhere to the rules of social distancing and you would rarely need a mask if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

We know it will escalate from the daily briefings and mentally we need to be ready for this but in 80% it’s only mild, we need to be realistic but cautious at the same time. As for masks any of the HSE briefings they have little or no effect, you can be wearing one and shake someone’s hand not wash and then eat something under the mask and you get it. If masks were a definite this voice would be in the public. Adhere to the rules of social distancing and you would rarely need a mask if at all.

Agree. Social distancing is the key. Wash your hands regularly. Limit face-to-face interactions. NB: Limit social media! Since early last week I have limited my news update to just once a day and then only to read the headlines online for a few mins. And go out for a walk by yourself to ground yourself. Read a book. Listen to a podcast. Watch a film. Nurture yourself. Its a different world out there for sure but choose to take it day by day for now. Nobody knows what the future holds and yet that has always been the case since the dawn of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

The problem is that u still need to do shopping..food and necessary stuf. U wont be able to maintain 2m distance in shop so thats the place for face mask!! Also virus stays in the air for 2-3 hours in rooms with zero or low air circulation. Also outside risk is that u can walk behind the infected person even 5 - 6 meters but when they cough and the wind blows towards u..u r unlucky person. Main reason for face masks is that u can be infected and have no symptoms for 10days..mask will help reduce spreading a lot. Ofcourse better ones (ffsp2 and ffsp3) prottects u also much better than basic ones. U can argue about masks usage but social diatancing and hand washing is not enough. I wear one when need it...u never know

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Still waiting for test since Monday. Anybody else in same boat? Symptoms are practically gone now at this stage, started having them Friday last

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

tbayers wrote: »
    Still waiting for test since Monday. Anybody else in same boat? Symptoms are practically gone now at this stage, started having them Friday last

Is the drive through testing center open yet?

• Advertisement

Irishder wrote: »
    Is the drive through testing center open yet?

Think it opened yesterday afternoon. Its by GP referrel but don't I need a time? To those that have been tested, is there much time between when you get call/text and your appointment?

tbayers wrote: »

Well....its good to see your on the way back

Were the sympthoms bad?

Well....its good to see your on the way back

Were the sympthoms bad?

I've had worse. Had temperature 4/5 days, headache/cold at start followed by pain in chest which lasted around 3 days. Never experienced pain in chest like so that threw me a bit.

Just need to get back to work, for obvious reasons they won't let me near the place till I get tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The problem is that u still need to do shopping..food and necessary stuf. U wont be able to maintain 2m distance in shop so thats the place for face mask!! Also virus stays in the air for 2-3 hours in rooms with zero or low air circulation. Also outside risk is that u can walk behind the infected person even 5 - 6 meters but when they cough and the wind blows towards u..u r unlucky person. Main reason for face masks is that u can be infected and have no symptoms for 10days..mask will help reduce spreading a lot. Ofcourse better ones (ffsp2 and ffsp3) prottects u also much better than basic ones. U can argue about masks usage but social diatancing and hand washing is not enough. I wear one when need it...u never know

You can click and collect with SuperValu and Ardkeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Watch yesterday’s daily briefing and the Expert tells you that gloves and face masks are not prescribed as it doesn’t make the slightest difference. Otherwise he’d recommend it. This scaremongering is all it is. Droplets won’t travel in the air and hit someone from 5/6 meters, Jesus I’ve heard it all now. Walkers are asked to go in low numbers, much better to be on your own. Watch the daily briefing everyday and you’ll have all the answers and the HSE website, nothing else counts. Nothing personal but this uninformed rhetoric scares ppl unnecessarily when it’sa tough time already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just went to Lidl and got as far as the busy car park and turned straight round, went to Centra St Johns Park for a couple of bits (they have screens up at the checkouts) and will try again first thing tomorrow.

Watch yesterday’s daily briefing and the Expert tells you that gloves and face masks are not prescribed as it doesn’t make the slightest difference. Otherwise he’d recommend it. This scaremongering is all it is. Droplets won’t travel in the air and hit someone from 5/6 meters, Jesus I’ve heard it all now. Walkers are asked to go in low numbers, much better to be on your own. Watch the daily briefing everyday and you’ll have all the answers and the HSE website, nothing else counts. Nothing personal but this uninformed rhetoric scares ppl unnecessarily when it’sa tough time already.
    Uninformed? Watchin real experts from abroad not these hse jokers..just check othet countries situations to wake up a bit. I give u nice example between two similar nations..Ireland 660 cases..poor advices, no lock down, no face masks!! Slovakia 137 cases ..they dont serve ppl without masks in shops or public transport, closed boders and airports. Numbers dont lie. Also when Chinese experts arrived in Italy their first shock was poor face mask discipline!!! Experts who dealt with thus virus. Dont talk about panic and other bull****es..look at the Italy..they have no facilities now, all hospitals in critical conditions..unfortunately old patient cant be picked by ambulances as younger ppl are priority..ppl are dying coz there is nobody who can help them...and this is FACT!!!
    Panic is the least thing u should be worried about. Panic wont kill..covid will.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

Uninformed? Watchin real experts from abroad not these hse jokers..just check othet countries situations to wake up a bit. I give u nice example between two similar nations..Ireland 660 cases..poor advices, no lock down, no face masks!! Slovakia 137 cases ..they dont serve ppl without masks in shops or public transport, closed boders and airports. Numbers dont lie. Also when Chinese experts arrived in Italy their first shock was poor face mask discipline!!! Experts who dealt with thus virus. Dont talk about panic and other bull****es..look at the Italy..they have no facilities now, all hospitals in critical conditions..unfortunately old patient cant be picked by ambulances as younger ppl are priority..ppl are dying coz there is nobody who can help them...and this is FACT!!!
    Panic is the least thing u should be worried about. Panic wont kill..covid will.

Wow, please self isolate.

Wow, please self isolate.

Ofcourse..when there are no facts to be said yea..ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Out of curiosity what experts from abroad are you getting your information from?

• Advertisement

Now u can see what are goverments priorities..economy..then ppls life. Other countries politicians had balls to do whats necessary..give strict orders not useless advices!! Complete lock down should be here at the very start..now u wont stop it..impossible. especially with weak advices just "to not create the panic".. face the reality ffs. France few days ago, same as here..advices like keep the distance, wash the hands etc.. now? Askin china for help with face masks/protection gear and experts to help. Up to u..happy faces nothin goin on we r good here.. then cryin and ask yourself what could u done diffefent

Out of curiosity what experts from abroad are you getting your information from?
    Sorry but will u remember names of ppl on press conferences around the world? I am watching news and briefings from austria, czech rep., Slovakia, US and some chinese news chanels as have access to them. Defo not uk as they wasted the chance already with poor or zero action..now its too late to close schools for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Always advisable to put so much stock in people you see on TV alright from around the world, independently checking credentials or research be damned.

Darwinism has plenty of pros.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Sorry but will u remember names of ppl on press conferences around the world? I am watching news and briefings from austria, czech rep., Slovakia, US and some chinese news chanels as have access to them. Defo not uk as they wasted the chance already with poor or zero action..now its too late to close schools for them.

Just trying to get my head around this,you're taking advice from communist run news channels but not the HSE?

Just trying to get my head around this,you're taking advice from communist run news channels but not the HSE?

Comunist??? Ok at this point we dont need to continue. US? Austria? Slovakia ..comunists?? Really? China..ok..but they deal with huge trouble there. Also i dont care what political way that country goes but what they do to beat the virus..numbers, efficiency, actions.

Comunist??? Ok at this point we dont need to continue. US? Austria? Slovakia ..comunists?? Really? China..ok..but they deal with huge trouble there. Also i dont care what political way that country goes but what they do to beat the virus..numbers, efficiency, actions.

I meant China,you are taking advice from Chinese news channels but not the HSE ,just seems strange to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

To be fair, if these countries operate similarly to our own, then the same officials will make the announcements every day, the same experts will appear on the news shows and panel shows every day, so, it's surprising that you don't remember one single name.
    I don't think any Irish person will ever forget the name Tony Holohan (Chief Medical Officer).

Looks like 1 more in waterford bringing it up to 8

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1241444718560542721?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

You really need to go take a walk and get some fresh air.

• Advertisement

It wont be long until we are in full lockdown if people cant stay at home, scenes like this in the Comeraghs today and across the country will force the government to do it...

90494006_10156607840172202_2479643636849967104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=c-QUCugKoQ4AX967bMP&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=eb34343b852c665f711bad16765e9171&oe=5E9C94BC

90490531_10156607840847202_3781203028879605760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=W6hbk1rTJicAX-m7953&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=8bf09c2c14e75a1b40a998d759342fa7&oe=5E9E0CE7

90518026_10156607840957202_5212062093527744512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=FnjIVHrHMlQAX8QiL-_&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=0d0f0c65a0c3c88c366f7f9ce6bf951f&oe=5E9C049A

90903780_10156607841417202_1711666719405113344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=bn3-79l5BIYAX9xecGA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=0c94c7c394fee09572f702ac4627a1c5&oe=5E9BE47A

https://www.facebook.com/TheMunsterExpress/videos/927325097706109/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARB89AsV0H2LLkBOaMenLDdM5s5tLim56GHObHpTYevbLqqrcrkpaONZAYqtzJzTFoHemqF4rXrrCJHM

Advertisement