Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I strongly suspect if that restrictions had been stronger over Christmas you would have been one of the first on here to complain about it.

no not at all, i dont truly mind the restrictions, i understand why theyre there, the government has limited abilities to control this virus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

spookwoman wrote: »
    HSE Operations reports for the sat and sunday are out

25 on saturday 3 new cases
    26 on sunday 1 new case

icu is down to 4 now

The report is wrong. There were 10 cases over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    no not at all, i dont truly mind the restrictions, i understand why theyre there, the government has limited abilities to control this virus

Monetary fines are meaningless in my world, as I suspect some simply wouldn't change if they're imposed, as I wouldn't. I've no regrets, as it was ultimately for my mental well being, and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

An opinion that changes with the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

An opinion that is even better when blocked

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    An opinion that changes with the wind!

theres no change there lads, i still stand by my previous comments

hahaha, people are nuts on the internets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Nah I don’t really agree with blocking people unless they’re completely off the scale, tends to lead to an echo chamber.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Nah I don’t really agree with blocking people unless they’re completely off the scale, tends to lead to an echo chamber.

Your dealing with someone who bragged about restrictions effectively not applying to em,as they were rich and would pay the fine

Few weeks later spent whole time whinging they caught coronavirus and were sick....its difficult to see any positives from engaging with that level of dense

Your dealing with someone who bragged about restrictions effectively not applying to em,as they were rich and would pay the fine

Few weeks later spent whole time whinging they caught coronavirus and were sick....its difficult to see any positives from engaging with that level of dense

Unsure if this is about me?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Everything, everywhere, all the time, it's all about you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    Slide14.jpg

faceman wrote: »
    The report is wrong. There were 10 cases over the weekend

Only reporting what on hse operations report I have noticed discrepancies myself I wonder if anything to do with people not staying in. they get confirmed but not added in if they head home

No not you. Lightoftruth was posting few months back about dodging checkpoint to go out to woods town.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope everyone has a good and safe St Patrick's day

Fuming with the way were been treated today by our government esp today with us 'getting a warning and to be good boys and girls'

Have an image in my head of lines of guards blocking access to places like the park and John Roberts square.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hope everyone has a good and safe St Patrick's day

Fuming with the way were been treated today by our government esp today with us 'getting a warning and to be good boys and girls'

Have an image in my head of lines of guards blocking access to places like the park and John Roberts square.

Can you blame them because after xmas and any other day to celebrate something the number go up.

spookwoman wrote: »
    No not you. Lightoftruth was posting few months back about dodging checkpoint to go out to woods town.

Yeah. I went out to Woodstown and I wasn't near a single person. There was literally no risk to anyone.

I live near the Greenway and I am scared to go there it's so busy, it's the same in the people's park. I haven't been visiting family or anything during lockdown.

I am pro masks, pubs being closed etc.

Yet again I caught Covid from my front line worker wife. I've been very very safe regarding catching covid.

Everything, everywhere, all the time, it's all about you.

Thank God, my ego was getting concerned there

spookwoman wrote:
    Can you blame them because after xmas and any other day to celebrate something the number go up.

Unfortunately im expecting a significant rise again due to today

Unfortunately im expecting a significant rise again due to today

Wouldn't surprise me one bit and then same people with bitch if the restrictions are not lifted because of it.

spookwoman wrote:
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit and then same people with bitch if the restrictions are not lifted because of it.

I understand people are fed up, but today is no day for normal paddy day activities, and with the current vaccine situation.....

• Advertisement

I understand people are fed up, but today is no day for normal paddy day activities, and with the current vaccine situation.....

The guards will be everywhere today so no one will be able to act irresponsibly. I'll just head to the Greenway I guess, if it's very busy I'll just have a BBQ in the back garden.

The guards will be everywhere today so no one will be able to act irresponsibly. I'll just head to the Greenway I guess, if it's very busy I'll just have a BBQ in the back garden.

ah shur they cant be everywhere, people will manage it, but i am expecting trouble in places. greenway could be busy, people need something, look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Nearly eleven and hardly a soul on the Greenway so far this morning. Also very very quite out not even any cars on the road.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

8 cases locally over 500 nationally. So its stalled.

8 cases locally over 500 nationally. So its stalled.

will probably shoot up next week, due to movements today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Alas. It looks like household clusters are now the main problem, which is fairly obvious I suppose esp as 1.1.7 is so contagious.

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    Slide14.jpg

Alas. It looks like household clusters are now the main problem, which is fairly obvious I suppose esp as 1.1.7 is so contagious.

id say theres plenty of sessions around today, there is in my neck of the woods, so....

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Nearly eleven and hardly a soul on the Greenway so far this morning. Also very very quite out not even any cars on the road.

Same in town today, barely anyone in there, strolled in for a coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Same in town today, barely anyone in there, strolled in for a coffee.

Thats because they were all down sitting on the wall by the river drinking their coffees and takeaway pints. The place was packed when I passed by there in the car at 4:30pm. In fairness, they were all trying their best to keep their distance from others. Again, I lay the blame on this poxy 5km rule as many are trying their best to adhere to it and that then means that places like this walkway, the greenway and the peoples park are packed all the time when the weather is fine.

Advertisement