Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there a list of food places that are open in the city??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

PTH2009 wrote: »

Very little opened and anywhere that is are doing collection/delivery only ,seen a few chippers opened with people queuing outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

PTH2009 wrote: »

Check justeat

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

debok wrote: »
    Check justeat

Cool

Got loko the other day. Very nice but pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

I'll just throw this in here for those who patronise GrowHQ restaurant which is now doing a take out by prepaid arrangement. With all the in house courses and eating now ended they need all the sales they can get I imagine and healthier than a Big Mac (if you could get one ;)).

https://twitter.com/Grow_HQ/status/1241410326417027072

Fair play to them. At least they are giving it a shot. Its a difficult thing to get your head around the fact that so much has changed in such a short space of time. In every facet of our lives. Guess you have got to make a plan for the day which could change depending on what is going on! A few weeks ago we were complaining that we couldnt go out because of the slew of storms; now we are {well most of us} are getting up going to work and coming home full stop. Weekends are almost locked down apart from a quick walk. There is nothing opened in town apart from food stores, chemists and phone shops. Those lazy Saturdays of going in for a coffee, read the paper and maybe a few pints but a distant memory. Got an e-mail from the Theatre Royal earlier about an upcoming show that is being cancelled & rescheduled : Des Bishop. Tickets are valid for the revised date 29th January 2-0-2-1!! So no gigs. No shows. No cinemas. No pubs and clubs. Keeping yer distance and locking yourself away. I just read this morning that the clocks are going forward a hour this Sat/Sun. So its probably guaranteed to be another sunny Sunday which will stretch out past 8 o'clock and we peer out into the virtual emptiness of the streets:eek:
    Personally I like my own company but I reckon as the situation progresses a lot of people will suffer emotionally & mentally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

That Grow place is fantastic. Don't have their own series on RTE also? for a business only opened three or four years they've already earned quite an excellent reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Did anyone saw the liquid hand wash in some shop??

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Suirway buses will stop running from Wednesday 25/03. Suirway serves Dunmore East, Passage East and Portlaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Did anyone saw the liquid hand wash in some shop??

Got some in Tesco poleberry today.Its getting hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Anyone know if Eddie rockets is open for takeaway? I've been trying to phone but no luck.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Eddie rockets is open for takeaway? I've been trying to phone but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Daisy 55 wrote: »

It's closed.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Daisy 55 wrote: »

Buy groceries. Nobody needs a take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Nobody needs your opinion either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

:D:D:D:D

And it matters to you what others use their own money on how exactly??? Myself and my daughter had a lovely pizza yesterday.....terrible so we are.

Thanks everyone!��

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Since the UK is gone on lockdown the mother is having kittens that we are next, and basically from tomorrow. The contrast with how the Irish and UK governments have so far handled this situation is night and day.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Since the UK is gone on lockdown the mother is having kittens that we are next, and basically from tomorrow. The contrast with how the Irish and UK governments have so far handled this situation is night and day.

But lockdown means that you can go out to get food, work and exercise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Yeh I was believing the government here acted fast and were doing the right thing. Everyone jumped on the UK for there initial reaction and said we were handling it way better. I don't know whether we are anymore. One good thing about Borris is that he's had a press conference every evening at 5 15 and then that national address tonight. Leo hasn't really been seen since his address. I know there's been some one on every evening but I think it should be leo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

spookwoman wrote: »

I passed by the arena earlier and there is two army tents set up in the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

Yeh I was believing the government here acted fast and were doing the right thing. Everyone jumped on the UK for there initial reaction and said we were handling it way better. I don't know whether we are anymore. One good thing about Borris is that he's had a press conference every evening at 5 15 and then that national address tonight. Leo hasn't really been seen since his address. I know there's been some one on every evening but I think it should be leo.

we are 100% handling it way better than them, this isn't even a debate in my eyes? i hope this is just a reactionary opinion to their lockdown news. our numbers will stay up there in the coming week or two but after that we'll begin to see the end of the road, we acted faster before it got out of hand. boris's press conference every evening is him being weak and repeating the same things and then passing the buck to the experts on answers he should know, if he wasn't there you wouldn't notice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

we are 100% handling it way better than them, this isn't even a debate in my eyes? i hope this is just a reactionary opinion to their lockdown news. our numbers will stay up there in the coming week or two but after that we'll begin to see the end of the road, we acted faster before it got out of hand. boris's press conference every evening is him being weak and repeating the same things and then passing the buck to the experts on answers he should know, if he wasn't there you wouldn't notice

He’s actually been the cause of confusion at these conferences, contradicting the others. They’re better off doing it without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

JohnC. wrote: »
    He’s actually been the cause of confusion at these conferences, contradicting the others. They’re better off doing it without him.

the same with trump who i'm watching right now spoof his way through another press conference saying exactly nothing meaningful and just taking up time that could be used by experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Did you actually listen to Borris's press confrences? If you did I'd love to know what you found impressive about them. Other than Borris being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Leo is leaving the press conferences to the experts every day. Yes, he's a doctor, but he's not an expert in disease control. He shouldn't be the one giving these updates because they'd lose their impact and half the people wouldn't believe him anyway. Yesterday Boris announced that there was a near total lockdown and it was a 5 minute foot note to a daily meeting that most people weren't even watching! A terrible way of doing things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Very quiet out there, but a queue to enter Woodies! One out, one in

WLR still doing their holiday weekend break competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

good few businesses shutting up shop permanently i see on Facebook. be no harm if 1 or 2 of the local media outlets went tits up also

Gardner wrote: »
    good few businesses shutting up shop permanently i see on Facebook.

Which ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gardner wrote: »
    good few businesses shutting up shop permanently i see on Facebook. be no harm if 1 or 2 of the local media outlets went tits up also

You really are some misanthrope

Advertisement