Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

BBM77 wrote:
    Message does not say that, it say anybody 35 to 50 yrs.

Keogh practice are going through their customer database on an age basis for medically vulnerable. That cohort is done through GP practice and isn't part of the wider age group ones been done through age category in mass vaccination centres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Fair enough. Sending URL's in text messages is a good way to arouse suspicion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I hear the town was jammed today was it? Been stuck at the desk all day so haven't seen a thing, barring a text on my phone that read "The boom is back!"

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I hear the town was jammed today was it? Been stuck at the desk all day so haven't seen a thing, barring a text on my phone that read "The boom is back!"

Interestingly postman said to me today that since last monday his Amazon deliveries had gone right down, so guess everyone is out shopping again.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Interestingly postman said to me today that since last monday his Amazon deliveries had gone right down, so guess everyone is out shopping again.

Good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Aquos76 wrote: »
    They are genuine messages being sent out by the Keogh practice and nothing to do with the vaccination portal. These appointments are only for vulnerable patients of theirs

And the Keogh Practice asked not to share the links

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

And the Keogh Practice asked not to share the links

Only shared images of them as those ones had expired. The message which was sent out this morning which I had deleted before that screenshot, that link is still active.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Ah yes I see that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I got those texts, but wouldn't class myself as vulnerable so didn't act on them. Are they sending them to who they think as vulnerable? Should I be reclassing myself as vulnerable?

deise08 wrote: »
    I got those texts, but wouldn't class myself as vulnerable so didn't act on them. Are they sending them to who they think as vulnerable? Should I be reclassing myself as vulnerable?

They are just sending them to all their patients in that age bracket is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

How come the Keogh practice are sending texts out to people less than 50 to get vaccinated?

The government has said that this is not open to under 50s yet???

So now it depends if you are with a certain GP if you get the vaccination before other people?

How is that fair and basically goes against everything the gov have being saying in terms of people need to wait their turn based on age!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

They are just sending them to all their patients in that age bracket is all

I thought there was a law against spamming customers?

Wake me up when it's all over.

reni10 wrote: »
    How come the Keogh practice are sending texts out to people less than 50 to get vaccinated?

The government has said that this is not open to under 50s yet???

So now it depends if you are with a certain GP if you get the vaccination before other people?

How is that fair and basically goes against everything the gov have being saying in terms of people need to wait their turn based on age!

Those texts are only for people who have underlying medical conditions, in the link there are around 7/8 different conditions and you must select one of those conditions to be eligible for a vaccine. I dunno what happens if you just pick one and chance your arm, but I’ve not tried it. Thankfully I’m fit and healthy so I’ll just wait my time.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Those texts are only for people who have underlying medical conditions, in the link there are around 7/8 different conditions and you must select one of those conditions to be eligible for a vaccine. I dunno what happens if you just pick one and chance your arm, but I’ve not tried it. Thankfully I’m fit and healthy so I’ll just wait my time.

They do cross check in the background to see if you have one of the conditions on the list . I have one of them so I qualified . Got it this afternoon, very smooth process. Was there for 20 minutes

What are the 7 or 8 conditions they list?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Tiger Roll wrote:
    They do cross check in the background to see if you have one of the conditions on the list . I have one of them so I qualified . Got it this afternoon, very smooth process. Was there for 20 minutes

You might feel like sh1te for a few days, I'm a couple of months in now, it's a great feeling to be done, it's great relief, which one did you get, I got the astrazeneca?

Wanderer78 wrote:
    You might feel like sh1te for a few days, I'm a couple of months in now, it's a great feeling to be done, it's great relief, which one did you get, I got the astrazeneca?

Feeling grand so far anyway ,good to have gotten it though . Pfizer

Particular medical conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I got one of the texts. Mostly it was serious conditions like being a cancer survivor but there was also a BMI of 35%. I would imagine a lot of people would squeeze in there. Pun intended.

I think it would be bad Karma to select something. I got my WIT arena appointment literally hours before the text so I went with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

BBM77 wrote: »
    Beware! There are a lot of fraudulent text messages claiming to be from the Keogh Practice offering vaccinations to under 50’s going around. After getting two in the last couple of days. Delete them straight away!

They are not fraudulent. My husband got one and rang them to see and it was from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Tiger Roll wrote: »

Rowe Craven aren't cross checking anyway. 5 people I know of have now booked it successfully using a link forwarded by someone. Nothing wrong with any of them.

Rowe Craven aren't cross checking anyway. 5 people I know of have now booked it successfully using a link forwarded by someone. Nothing wrong with any of them.

I can well believe it, each to their own, but I’m certainly not clicking a condition I thankfully don’t have, there’s such a thing as “mocking is catching”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I can well believe it, each to their own, but I’m certainly not clicking a condition I thankfully don’t have, there’s such a thing as “mocking is catching”

its just bloody ignorance, the pace has really picked up over the last few weeks, most adults will be done soon. i think they should push on with first vaccines, i think its showing in the numbers now

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Does anyone know if the walk in test centre is still operating ?

Thewife wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the walk in test centre is still operating ?
    HSE IT systems down
    If you are a close contact or have symptoms, you can attend any COVID-19 test centre without an appointment.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/covid-19-walk-in-test-centres.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I had my 2nd vaccination yesterday, i'm 47 but today I feel like 90 my bones are aching so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I had my 2nd vaccination yesterday, i'm 47 but today I feel like 90 my bones are aching so much.

I had my second Pfizer vaccination yesterday and feel ok, a bit tired when I relax, my arm is only tender if I knock off it. My husband had his second Pfizer vaccination on Monday, had flu like symptoms, a headache and sore arm yesterday but he's fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

deisemum wrote: »
    I had my second Pfizer vaccination yesterday and feel ok, a bit tired when I relax, my arm is only tender if I knock off it. My husband had his second Pfizer vaccination on Monday, had flu like symptoms, a headache and sore arm yesterday but he's fine today.
    Got the J&J on Sat evening, v sore arm for 12 hrs but no other side effects, thats me done dusted!

Has anyone in there 40s been called for the vaccine yet out in the WIT Arena?

I am hearing that people in their 50s have still not even been called after registering a number of weeks ago!?!

• Advertisement

Has anyone in there 40s been called for the vaccine yet out in the WIT Arena?

I am hearing that people in their 50s have still not even been called after registering a number of weeks ago!?!

Seems the appointment texts have started to come out today, have a read of the few replies to this tweet

https://twitter.com/gorebernie/status/1397846200682954752?s=21

Advertisement