Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

reni10 wrote: »
    Has anyone in there 40s been called for the vaccine yet out in the WIT Arena?

I am hearing that people in their 50s have still not even been called after registering a number of weeks ago!?!

I'm 50 and registered on the 12th and have still not been given a HSE appointment. A work colleague in Kilkenny is a couple of years younger and would've registered a week later than me and he has an appointment for this weekend.

Thankfully my doctor was in touch and I got the first Pfizer on Tuesday last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am hearing that people in their 50s have still not even been called after registering a number of weeks ago!?!

I registered on the 20th of May and received the text with my appointment yesterday. It’s on Sunday in the WIT Arena. I wasn’t expecting to get the appointment that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

gscully wrote: »
    Thankfully my doctor was in touch and I got the first Pfizer on Tuesday last.

Did your doctor just contact you out of the blue as they were working their way down the ages?

I know other people in their 50s and still no appointment after registering weeks ago and then I also know of people in their 20s and 30s that have had theirs already from the doctor!

So much for the gov saying they are doing this in the correct order and making a song and dance about people having to wait their turn.
    Another shambles...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I’m 51 and got mine last Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

Late 40s and getting my first jab at WIT Arena tomorrow (Monday). Moderna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Irishjg wrote: »
    Late 40s and getting my first jab at WIT Arena tomorrow (Monday). Moderna.

Just curious how does the vaccine choice work? Is there a mRNA only checkbox on the registration form or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

BBM77 wrote: »
    Just curious how does the vaccine choice work? Is there a mRNA only checkbox on the registration form or something?

Hiya. No you just apply for a vaccine and the decision of whats offered is over to the administration. When you receive your confirmation text it confirms which vaccine you’ll receive. If you wish to reject the offer you have the option to resubmit but I’d imagine you’ll be put to the back of the queue and no guarantee you’ll be offered a different vaccine I’m guessing. In my case I’m delighted I’m getting Moderna but I’d have accepted any of the alternatives. I was hoping for either Pfizer or Moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Irishjg wrote: »
    Hiya. No you just apply for a vaccine and the decision of whats offered is over to the administration. When you receive your confirmation text it confirms which vaccine you’ll receive. If you wish to reject the offer you have the option to resubmit but I’d imagine you’ll be put to the back of the queue and no guarantee you’ll be offered a different vaccine I’m guessing. In my case I’m delighted I’m getting Moderna but I’d have accepted any of the alternatives. I was hoping for either Pfizer or Moderna.

Great, thanks :) Hoping for either Pfizer or Moderna myself also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Still waiting on the second here, could be waiting by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 corollake35

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Still waiting on the second here, could be waiting by the looks of it

I got my second moderna injection last week having had the first a month earlier. With only 4 days to the month being up and no txt message with appointment I rang and they confirmed I had a date and time which they gave me. Couple hours later I got same info in text message. Might be worth a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Did your doctor just contact you out of the blue as they were working their way down the ages?

I know other people in their 50s and still no appointment after registering weeks ago and then I also know of people in their 20s and 30s that have had theirs already from the doctor!

So much for the gov saying they are doing this in the correct order and making a song and dance about people having to wait their turn.
    Another shambles...

No, I have (mild) underlying conditions and was on their radar but they expected I'd be done just as quickly under the HSE appointments. When that wasn't materialising as quickly as they'd like, they got in touch.

I got my second moderna injection last week having had the first a month earlier. With only 4 days to the month being up and no txt message with appointment I rang and they confirmed I had a date and time which they gave me. Couple hours later I got same info in text message. Might be worth a call.

ive heard others doing such as well, but to be honest, id rather leave it play itself out, i dont feel im a priority, i think id rather see more get their first ahead of me, it ll happen eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Any word on case numbers in the county and any hot spots?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

ive heard others doing such as well, but to be honest, id rather leave it play itself out, i dont feel im a priority, i think id rather see more get their first ahead of me, it ll happen eventually

No, make sure you get it when you are supposed to. It's not something to let slide. The mRNA dosing times need to be stuck to.

JPA wrote: »
    No, make sure you get it when you are supposed to. It's not something to let slide. The mRNA dosing times need to be stuck to.

im aware of that alright, but im willing to wait, even if that means i need 3 shots, so be it, i ll allow the system figure it out

im aware of that alright, but im willing to wait, even if that means i need 3 shots, so be it, i ll allow the system figure it out

You are not doing good or helping by waiting.

You are not doing good or helping by waiting.

ah i ll be grand, im sure theres other worse things i ll be doing, im also not a part of the normal vaccine route, i ll let that part of the health system sort it out, thank you though

ah i ll be grand, im sure theres other worse things i ll be doing, im also not a part of the normal vaccine route, i ll let that part of the health system sort it out, thank you though

I'm not saying it for your sake. It helps everybody if people get fully vaccinated and ticked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I'm not saying it for your sake. It helps everybody if people get fully vaccinated and ticked off.

Curious, how does it help everybody?

Still no sign of an appointment for anyone I know in the 45-49 age group in Waterford!

They are registering the 40-44 from today but looks like we are in for a long long wait at this pace...

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote:
    They are registering the 40-44 from today but looks like we are in for a long long wait at this pace...

Unfortunately with supply issues, delays will start kicking in, I suspect I ll be delayed myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6 citycowgirl

Aged 47 here. Had my first shot yesterday at WIT Arena. Moderna. In and out in 30 mins. Very efficient. Runs like clockwork. Husband (48) getting his first shot next Sat. So things are moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Wanderer78 wrote:
    Unfortunately with supply issues, delays will start kicking in, I suspect I ll be delayed myself

Keogh practice had to cancel hundreds of first shot Pfizer on Monday due to not recieving a batch ,good news is they were all rescheduled for today and tomorrow

Curious, how does it help everybody?

Reduction in transmission and reduce to almost zero the need for medical treatment if infected, which keeps pressure off the health system.

Reduction in transmission and reduce to almost zero the need for medical treatment if infected, which keeps pressure off the health system.

...but vaccines are not going to waste, somebody is getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Aged 47 here. Had my first shot yesterday at WIT Arena. Moderna. In and out in 30 mins. Very efficient. Runs like clockwork. Husband (48) getting his first shot next Sat. So things are moving.

I reg'd online the day 45-50 age group opened; got a text within a few days and had the jab on Monday @ WIT. Was in & out in 20mins and that included the 15min rest period afterwards. Runs like clockwork out there. Really efficient. Credit to the staff out there.
    I did hear there was a huge amt of cancellations over the weekend most probably due to the good weather. You can reschedule yer appointment so perhaps this is having a knock on effect with regard to others getting called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

I registered the day my age group opened up, (50) and am still "awaiting appointment 1" I know they're holding out for us to get the J&J but i'd be happier now to get a first dose of any of the others.

Are there many others for WIT in their fifties waiting for it?

That makes no sense!

How could a 47 year old get it before a 48 year old?

I thought they were working down through the list in date order???

There was a mess up with the addresses/eircodes of loads of people in West Waterford so his original appointment had to be rescheduled. As a result I overtook him as I hadn't received my appointment yet.

• Advertisement

That makes no sense!

How could a 47 year old get it before a 48 year old?

I thought they were working down through the list in date order???

Also I know of a number of people older than me who have not been called yet as their eircodes are linked to Cork so they are waiting to be called there. Its not as straightforward as going on a strict age basis.

Advertisement