Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hearing of GPs having a few spares and offering them in younger patients

Aged 31 myself with no underlying conditions but expecting to be waiting another 2/3 weeks till I can even book for a vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

reni10 wrote: »
    That makes no sense!

How could a 47 year old get it before a 48 year old?

I thought they were working down through the list in date order???

Because you are classed as part of a group....as in 49-45. Whether you are 49 or 45 makes no difference. The only reason people are registered by year is so the system doesn't crash. You get it whenever you are called as part of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Still no sign of an appointment for anyone I know in the 45-49 age group in Waterford!

They are registering the 40-44 from today but looks like we are in for a long long wait at this pace...

45. Registered on the day it opened for my specific age. Got a text yesterday to turn up at WIT on Saturday for the Pfizer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    45. Registered on the day it opened for my specific age. Got a text yesterday to turn up at WIT on Saturday for the Pfizer one.

I would love to know how they are selecting people before other people as it is clearly not by age!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I would love to know how they are selecting people before other people as it is clearly not by age!

They're selecting by age and eircode. SIL, 47, done yesterday. Cousin, 48, appointment for Friday. Some counties are obviously also moving faster than others.

What difference does it make? It's maximum a week in the difference either way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

45, registered on the day for my age, got text this afternoon for my vaccine in kilkenny on Sunday (Pfizer), Got a call from my GP on friday offering me a vaccine this morning so I took that one (Pfizer) as I hadn't heard back from HSE. My 18 & 21 year old sons are also getting theirs from our GP tomorrow. Apparently GP's have gotten extras this week and want to get as many of their own patients done rather than missing out to the vaccination hubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Aquos76 wrote: »
    45, registered on the day for my age, got text this afternoon for my vaccine in kilkenny on Sunday (Pfizer), Got a call from my GP on friday offering me a vaccine this morning so I took that one (Pfizer) as I hadn't heard back from HSE. My 18 & 21 year old sons are also getting theirs from our GP tomorrow. Apparently GP's have gotten extras this week and want to get as many of their own patients done rather than missing out to the vaccination hubs

So 18 and 21 year olds getting done now before 50 something year olds, that just makes no sense at all to me and completely goes against the advice from the government....

So 18 and 21 year olds getting done now before 50 something year olds, that just makes no sense at all to me and completely goes against the advice from the government....

Yep and has been happening all across the country the last few weeks. When I was getting mine today, there were plenty on twenty somethings there too. GP’s are supposed to be getting €60 per full vaccination (2 doses) so obviously they are cashing in on this, as they know they will be competing with vaccination centres and pharmacies also over the next few weeks.

I see the Keogh Practice sent out a text this afternoon offering vaccines to all their patients aged 40-49yrs, there must have been a huge uptake as the clinic they had set aside booked up within an hour or so as a second message was sent out saying they were now full,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I see the Keogh Practice sent out a text this afternoon offering vaccines to all their patients aged 40-49yrs, there must have been a huge uptake as the clinic they had set aside booked up within an hour or so as a second message was sent out saying they were now full,

its good to see uptake, as some countries are struggling to do so, thankfully our anti-vac movements are fairly small in comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

From what I have heard they may have p1ssed off a few other practices?

I won't go into details of the allegations but it seems they have made work for other practices which those practices won't get paid for.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

From what I have heard they may have p1ssed off a few other practices?

I won't go into details of the allegations but it seems they have made work for other practices which those practices won't get paid for.

Don't bother saying anything so in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I appreciate the impact the hack is having across the Health System, but given that the COVID total is still being released every day, I find it hard to believe that they can't get an intern or someone to spend a couple of hours every day collating the 400/500 daily cases by county.

I know Limerick seems to be badly affected at the moment but it would be nice to know whether the cases in Waterford have remained around 5 a day or have been increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's double figure cases in one of the large primary schools. I hope it's contained.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

deisemum wrote: »
    There's double figure cases in one of the large primary schools. I hope it's contained.

Yes, been receiving few texts from people being advised as close contacts, worrying time, hopefully its contained in time, absolutely sick of this virus !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

deisemum wrote: »

Yes, been receiving few texts from people being advised as close contacts, worrying time, hopefully its contained in time, absolutely sick of this virus !

Which school?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Hijpo wrote: »

Which school?

Ballygunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

I'm 44 and registered on Wednesday for vaccine and got a text the next day giving me appointment next Tuesday in WIT. I didn't expect it to be so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

The registration is mad. I am 45 registered on the day we were allowed then got an appointment for today in kk even though my eircode is x91.
    Rang the helpline and rebooked using the same eircode and got an appointment in wit for tomorrow

Seems the automated one is a bit random in where it selects you for it, clearly isnt based on eircodes solely

The registration is mad. I am 45 registered on the day we were allowed then got an appointment for today in kk even though my eircode is x91.
    Rang the helpline and rebooked using the same eircode and got an appointment in wit for tomorrow

Seems the automated one is a bit random in where it selects you for it, clearly isnt based on eircodes solely

X91 isn’t just for Waterford though, you obviously live in co Kilkenny that’s why you got the KK vaccine centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

X91 isn’t just for Waterford though, you obviously live in co Kilkenny that’s why you got the KK vaccine centre.

No I live in waterford. Hence why I got waterford when I rang them and used the same eircode also know people that were given waterford when they live in kk so your theory isnt correct

No I live in waterford. Hence why I got waterford when I rang them and used the same eircode also know people that were given waterford when they live in kk so your theory isnt correct

Oh right, I live 30 yards inside KK boundary and have an X91 postcode as do people in Kilmacow, I also consider myself as living in Waterford. Most people in our estate got appointments for Kilkenny also. I got mine for there but had gotten my vaccine in the Keogh practice a few days before my text appointment from the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'm due to get my vaccine in the WIT Arena tomorrow.

Does anyone know if that W6 bus that runs from the Bus Station via the City Centre to the WIT arena is still running at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I'm due to get my vaccine in the WIT Arena tomorrow.

Does anyone know if that W6 bus that runs from the Bus Station via the City Centre to the WIT arena is still running at the moment?

Yeah every 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I live in south Kk x91 and had my first vaccine in KK. Got my second one in WIT but the eircode for there is x91 also..as in the eircode for the WIT is x91

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

So whats going on in Dungarvan atm? I'm out of the country and phoned my wife she said they'd opened a walk in testing center in Dungarvan because of an outbreak related to a GAA event An Rinn?

Google didn't find to much but I noticed Tom Currans was closed just before I left so I googled them and found out they got caught up in it somehow.

btw nothing against Tom Currans, good for them for closing, rather than covering up which is what is rumored to have happened with some other well know shops earlier in the pandemic.

Wake me up when it's all over.

So whats going on in Dungarvan atm? I'm out of the country and phoned my wife she said they'd opened a walk in testing center in Dungarvan because of an outbreak related to a GAA event An Rinn?

Google didn't find to much but I noticed Tom Currans was closed just before I left so I googled them and found out they got caught up in it somehow.

btw nothing against Tom Currans, good for them for closing, rather than covering up which is what is rumored to have happened with some other well know shops earlier in the pandemic.

afaik a funeral and several travelled from england to it and brought in this new varient (delta???).....could be a shítshow next few weeks given crowds on the quay this weekend drinking and large amounts of tourists about as well

Which is so fcuking frustrating as west waterford/dungarvan has escaped the worst of this pandemic so far and has been v.good as regards mask wearing/social distancing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

afaik a funeral and several travelled from england to it and brought in this new varient (delta???).....could be a shítshow next few weeks given crowds on the quay this weekend drinking and large amounts of tourists about as well

Which is so fcuking frustrating as west waterford/dungarvan has escaped the worst of this pandemic so far and has been v.good as regards mask wearing/social distancing etc

lol was Dungarvan not at the center of a big covid controversy about the GAA club fielding a known covid case with a very prominent figure in local politics involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

dzilla wrote: »
    lol was Dungarvan not at the center of a big covid controversy about the GAA club fielding a known covid case with a very prominent figure in local politics involved?

It was Damien Geoghan and he tried to avoid the media for weeks after it.

• Advertisement

dzilla wrote: »

Yes,but it didnt have a massive outbreak at any stage?

It (and west waterford) has been consistantly among the lowest rate for LEA in the 26 counties.....whereas now its likely going to be worst

Advertisement