Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Very quiet out there, but a queue to enter Woodies! One out, one in

WLR still doing their holiday weekend break competition!

Unlike the sh!t that went on out in Mcdonalds yesterday. The cops should of went in and shut them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

alta stare wrote: »
    Unlike the sh!t that went on out in Mcdonalds yesterday. The cops should of went in and shut them down.

Funny you should say that. Was driving around 6pm yesterday and I noticed people with large orders from McDonalds walking around. Seems to be getting a last hit in or something. Mind boggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Gardner wrote: »
    good few businesses shutting up shop permanently i see on Facebook. be no harm if 1 or 2 of the local media outlets went tits up also

You might be the most bitter person I’ve ever encountered. Waterford FC did a good thing recently for 24/7 and you were on immediately to slag them. You’re not advocating for local businesses to fall and people to lose their jobs. You’re a nasty piece of work and how this forum continues to give you air time is beyond me. I bet you’re not as brave in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

alta stare wrote: »

It was crazy i drove past around 5:30pm and cars backed up on both sides of the road , probably a good 30 minutes wait for Mcdonalds is it really worth that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Waterford FC did a good thing recently for 24/7 and you were on immediately to slag them.
    https://theukdatabase.net/2014/11/01/3-kildare-residents-each-receive-suspended-sentences-for-sexual-abuse-of-schoolgirl/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

vriesmays wrote: »

You and gardner should go on a night out together never mind the social distancing just Ride the bitterness out if each other.

It was crazy i drove past around 5:30pm and cars backed up on both sides of the road , probably a good 30 minutes wait for Mcdonalds is it really worth that :confused:

Yeah utter madness. It's the idiots holding up the traffic which need a slap. Imagine being caught in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

YES the DIY shops will stay open! :D (this is rather important for my work)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

BBM77 wrote: »
    Did you actually listen to Borris's press confrences? If you did I'd love to know what you found impressive about them. Other than Borris being there.

Sorry but I didn't say they were impressive. You made that assumption yourself. I was only pointing out that the UK prime minister is on every evening good or bad he's not hiding from it. I'm happy enough with the way we handling but I would prefer an enforced lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

YES the DIY shops will stay open! :D (this is rather important for my work)

happy days, i can continue with my house work
    debok wrote: »
    Sorry but I didn't say they were impressive. You made that assumption yourself. I was only pointing out that the UK prime minister is on every evening good or bad he's not hiding from it. I'm happy enough with the way we handling but I would prefer an enforced lockdown.

i think the government is probably doing the better thing of slowly introducing restrictions, even though i can understand the sentiment of a complete lockdown. i think a complete lockdown would cause a lot of complicated social issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Question for those seeking a total lockdown - who do you allow out and why?

Secondly, how do you propose that it would be enforced?

Should martial law be imposed?

hardybuck wrote: »

Good questions and my answer would simply be....a full lockdown in this country will not work as we do not have the ability or resources to do so. A full lockdown would destroy this country for a very long time. I think the government are doing things well so far. I only wish the details around the new payment were made a bit more clearer.

Why not do.the italy style thing,where anyone wishing to be out and about has to download/apply for approval.from government website?

Anyone out and about without approval once,its ok a 2nd time e5000 fine,etc....fairly simple stuff

But i do think we shouldnt do full lockdown until 8 to 10.days before it looks like hospideals become overrun....though surely the new restrictions might be enough to delay this for months(hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

But lockdown means that you can go out to get food, work and exercise...

Oh yeah I've explained the differences between lock down and 24 hour solitary confinement that you would get in a max security prison alright, doesn't seem to be sinking in. She suffers from anxiety in fairness and with the soaps all starting to shut down too she is stressing the brain out of herself.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Why not do.the italy style thing,where anyone wishing to be out and about has to download/apply for approval.from government website?

Anyone out and about without approval once,its ok a 2nd time e5000 fine,etc....fairly simple stuff

But i do think we shouldnt do full lockdown until 8 to 10.days before it looks like hospideals become overrun....though surely the new restrictions might be enough to delay this for months(hopefully)

Roughly 50,000 people a week were caught defying the measures in Italy.

Imagine the giving out certain political figures would do if a Jacinta got fined for going out for nappies and fags without the requisite documents. Or if a Patricia ran out of her prescription and couldn't work out the internet approval process.

All the EU countries will be following a similar game plan depending on the phase of the crisis they're in.

Oh yeah I've explained the differences between lock down and 24 hour solitary confinement that you would get in a max security prison alright, doesn't seem to be sinking in. She suffers from anxiety in fairness and with the soaps all starting to shut down too she is stressing the brain out of herself.

i suffer with anxiety myself, i absolutely have to get out and about everyday, i believe the asd community is currently climbing the walls

Would it be worth going out early morning or late at night for some fresh air with less people around?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would it be worth going out early morning or late at night for some fresh air with less people around?

We get out for a walk every evening now, or she is able to.go with my aunt. Should help for the time being.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

13 cases now in waterford

spookwoman wrote:
    13 cases now in waterford

Is there any details on these cases, this thing is ferocious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

I see the news and star kid is on a war path with energy suppliers. If self isolation is needed on anyone it's this chap. His tweets are filled with self importance.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Is there any details on these cases, this thing is ferocious?

No details, 2 factories but its up to them to say who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

spookwoman wrote: »
    No details, 2 factories but its up to them to say who they are.

There should be no reason why people should know where the cases are when it comes to workplaces. It's creates unnecessary panic and attention. The news and star kid stating 2 factories and a government agency is not helpful.

It's as simple as this.,If you have been in contact with someone you will be contacted

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

I see the news and star kid is on a war path with energy suppliers. If self isolation is needed on anyone it's this chap. His tweets are filled with self importance.

Why are you following him then? You sound a bit obsessed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

A war path?!? A single tweet and tagging the main energy suppliers asking whether there will be reductions in bills is by no means a war path, and is a valid question and one that plenty have asked them too judging by twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

There should be no reason why people should know where the cases are when it comes to workplaces. It's creates unnecessary panic and attention. The news and star kid stating 2 factories and a government agency is not helpful.

It's as simple as this.,If you have been in contact with someone you will be contacted

If you work in one of these factories should'nt you be informed??

niallo76 wrote:
    If you work in one of these factories should'nt you be informed??

I'd like to think they already have been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Its a tough one ,because if you are sent home with a suspected case,what about the rest of your workmates?
    wouldn't they need to be self-isolated,until they are tested and confirmed positive or negative.
    Social distance is a difficult practice in factories of 800+ employees

Advertisement