Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

spookwoman wrote: »
    No details, 2 factories but its up to them to say who they are.

Cartimundi (Hasbro) and Sonofi (Genzyme)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

niallo76 wrote:
    Its a tough one ,because if you are sent home with a suspected case,what about the rest of your workmates? wouldn't they need to be self-isolated,until they are tested and confirmed positive or negative. Social distance is a difficult practice in factories of 800+ employees

Interesting podcast from the times during the week of a journalist that got it, doesn't sound like he heard much from the authorities since his detection, he was on a packed bus prior to detection, but doesn't sound like there was much effort in trying to track down other passengers, now his mother is suspected of having it

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Teen arrested in dungarvan for going around coughing on people as part of this coronavirus challenge thing on social media.
    Wtf do they be thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Teen arrested in dungarvan for going around coughing on people as part of this coronavirus challenge thing on social media. Wtf do they be thinking

Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Cartimundi (Hasbro) and Sonofi (Genzyme)

The person in Sanofi is in a comfortable condition and has not been in work in over 2 weeks so there is no risk to anyone working there. All employs have been informed and are being given daily updates. The company are handling the situation quite well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Teen arrested in dungarvan for going around coughing on people as part of this coronavirus challenge thing on social media.
    Wtf do they be thinking

If someone coughs on you do you have the right to defend yourself? Like I'd find it hard if someone coughed on me on purpose nit to hit them a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good to see they were arrested, now they can be charged with endangerment
    Endangerment. 13. —(1) A person shall be guilty of an offence who intentionally or recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of death or serious harm to another. (b) on conviction on indictment, to a fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years or to both.

Two unsavory looking characters in centra kilmeaden last evening coughing and sneezing everywhere and shouting they had the virus. Total scumbags.

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    The person in Sanofi is in a comfortable condition and has not been in work in over 2 weeks so there is no risk to anyone working there. All employs have been informed and are being given daily updates. The company are handling the situation quite well!

I heard Sonofi and Jabil are conducting temperature checks on employees entering work which is good but if your not showing symptoms for 2 weeks is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

I heard Sonofi and Jabil are conducting temperature checks on employees entering work which is good but if your not showing symptoms for 2 weeks is it any use?

I agree,its pointless to social distance if you then have to work beside someone on the factory floor,.not all jobs can adhere to a 2m distance rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Interesting podcast from the times during the week of a journalist that got it, doesn't sound like he heard much from the authorities since his detection, he was on a packed bus prior to detection, but doesn't sound like there was much effort in trying to track down other passengers, now his mother is suspected of having it

I don't have much faith in the HSE and it's going to take time for them to track and trace.
    Fining a new one very day and that will be from those that went to these hotspots, came in contact with infected and those that probably had to go into hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

spookwoman wrote: »
    I don't have much faith in the HSE and it's going to take time for them to track and trace.
    Fining a new one very day and that will be from those that went to these hotspots, came in contact with infected and those that probably had to go into hospital

If it comes to it, you can assist the lads in the Army and other Civil and Public Servants with this task by writing down a list of people you had contact with while you're waiting for your test. If you have their phone numbers it'll speed up the task considerably.

hardybuck wrote: »
    If it comes to it, you can assist the lads in the Army and other Civil and Public Servants with this task by writing down a list of people you had contact with while you're waiting for your test. If you have their phone numbers it'll speed up the task considerably.

It's something I would do anyways but how many people would do that. Christ people are getting tested and then going out for coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

the park was very busy this afternoon, people out enjoying the sun ... gang of young lads playing soccer, group hanging around the bandstand... no social distancing going on ...

doesn't auger too well

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    the park was very busy this afternoon, people out enjoying the sun ... gang of young lads playing soccer, group hanging around the bandstand... no social distancing going on ...

doesn't auger too well

House near me the same kids in and out all day plus parents dropping them off and collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Good to see they were arrested, now they can be charged with endangerment

Do they get charged with assault?

15 confirmed in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Gardner wrote: »
    I see the news and star kid is on a war path with energy suppliers. If self isolation is needed on anyone it's this chap. His tweets are filled with self importance.

Jesus Christ, did he cheat on you several times and then spit in your coffee on the way out? You have a serious grudge against him for whatever reasons but it just makes you come across absolutely pathetic and unstable and frankly annoying. If you hate him fair enough, any chance you could just fcuk off and throw darts at his picture instead of railroading this thread for your own petty reasons. You sad act, get a life.

• Advertisement

Remember the name everyone (I'm sure this forum is a big fan of fake tans)

For your information we stay open,” the salon posted on its Facebook page on Thursday, before adding that the Government measures were linked to the installation of “5G road lamps”

‘Big lie’

The post said there were reasons to believe Covid-19 is “one big lie on a global scale. Many are back to work so are we”.

Gemma O'Doherty might be the owner!

Just realised Waterford Today hasn't dropped through the letter box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Just realised Waterford Today hasn't dropped through the letter box.

We've nothing to wrap the potato peelings in.

You joke but I usd three sheets for lining the organic bin and I only have about 10 back issues in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

Bunch of scumbags causing problems in Avondale last night, fair play to the gardai who seemed to sort it out but who needs it. What kind of idiot parents have their kids out at 11pm in these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    We've nothing to wrap the potato peelings in.

Really can't stand the guy who runs that paper. He had piece deriding people who go to college and saying how he learned his trade as a journalist. His paper is nothing more than a rag assortment of advertisements and death notices

• Advertisement

Advertisement