Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Lockdown before the good weather, proper order. Stay at home, save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Lockdown before the good weather, proper order. Stay at home, save lives.

I bet people will still go out and about especially in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

alta stare wrote: »
    I bet people will still go out and about especially in rural areas.

Judging by some of the comments on the main covid thread they have no intention of staying in. What the F*ck is wrong with people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Really can't stand the guy who runs that paper. He had piece deriding people who go to college and saying how he learned his trade as a journalist. His paper is nothing more than a rag assortment of advertisements and death notices

Going off on a tangent here's but the quality of the paper has seriously gone down hill over the past few years. The soccer news/review was dropped, nothing about hurling, no previews of weekends entertainment or gigs across the City, 8 pages for motors, 4 pages for deaths and that's probably half the paper.

Might want to stay away from tesco ardkeen queue building outside

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/1243664052192194564?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

spookwoman wrote: »
    Might want to stay away from tesco ardkeen queue building outside

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/1243664052192194564?s=20

Aldi and Lidl closed early tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep, they actually did the right thing, the omg!!! moment will ease a little overnight and they can get ready for a busy Saturday early tomorrow. I'll leave it till Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

spookwoman wrote: »

Its effectively the same as it was the last week or 2 in terms of what's places will open

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Anyone else think that this piecemeal approach by the government is not enough? Slowly does it and all that. Meanwhile the numbers are starting to stack up day by day. They closed the pub's just before Paddy's day because they didn't trust people to behave. Now after a week of relatively good weather their acting again to prevent those treating it like a summer holiday but stopping short of a complete lockdown.
    By the looks of it a lot of young people especially teenagers are not adhering to the advice. Passed by the park yesterday and you could see small groups here and there in close proximity. Meanwhile across the road Dooley's chipper was open and busy by the looks of it! Would Dooley's be really considered an essential outlet going forward?
    Why did they not put the country on coming complete lockdown last night for 2 week's is beyond me? Not a lot to ask of the population in general especially now that the financial supports are in place with regards to people's income for 12 weeks. If there's nowhere open and we are confined to our house then we spend less and more importantly don't risk getting ill. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anyone else think that this piecemeal approach by the government is not enough? Slowly does it and all that. Meanwhile the numbers are starting to stack up day by day. They closed the pub's just before Paddy's day because they didn't trust people to behave. Now after a week of relatively good weather their acting again to prevent those treating it like a summer holiday but stopping short of a complete lockdown. By the looks of it a lot of young people especially teenagers are not adhering to the advice. Passed by the park yesterday and you could see small groups here and there in close proximity. Meanwhile across the road Dooley's chipper was open and busy by the looks of it! Would Dooley's be really considered an essential outlet going forward? Why did they not put the country on coming complete lockdown last night for 2 week's is beyond me? Not a lot to ask of the population in general especially now that the financial supports are in place with regards to people's income for 12 weeks. If there's nowhere open and we are confined to our house then we spend less and more importantly don't risk getting ill. Simple.

Its believed that disobedience and other difficult behaviours would increase if a complete lock down is implemented for a prolonged period, it's a very difficult balancing act, a complete lock down would expose many people, people who need help and support. Piecemeal is probably the best way for the moment, it gives us time to prepare for a potential full lockdown, as a full lockdown now, may trigger panic, then we d be dealing with the virus and a nation panicking and all that entails. I think the governments doing a great job under the circumstances, but I can understand your concerns, this virus is pretty damn scary stuff

If the government panicked and had lockdowns a few weeks ago chaos would of reigned. Just look at the idiots out panic buying just as this was becoming an issue. I think so far the government has done a good job. My only issue is why have they not shut the ports and airports?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its effectively the same as it was the last week or 2 in terms of what's places will open

Garages and motor trade down to call out only

Lots of places are now emergency call out only.

Garages and motor trade down to call out only

What about sparks and plumbers? I guess they are call outs aswell? Surely the sites are going to be shut.

What about sparks and plumbers? I guess they are call outs aswell? Surely the sites are going to be shut.

I cant see,how they can stay open now tbh

Tbh.unless factories are supplying stuff to fight corona,cant see how they can stay open either??

Scary times

Tbh.unless factories are supplying stuff to fight corona,cant see how they can stay open either??

Scary times

The brother still has work on building sites. Madness that they are still operating given everything else is pretty much shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The brother still has work on building sites. Madness that they are still operating given everything else is pretty much shut down.

They said all sites were to close.

shockwave wrote: »
    They said all sites were to close.

Where??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

• Advertisement

shockwave wrote: »

I only ask,because it wasnt atal clear on the gov.ie website!

Im waiting on a call/text from my employer now is all....cant see us opening monday(we supply/service the building industry)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Even the likes of Woodies and Morris’s closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Scary times

Theres 1400 people working in Bausch & Lomb and they are staying open,they make contact lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Theres 1400 people working in Bausch & Lomb and they are staying open,they make contact lens.

Not really "essential" perhaps? If one person picks there up the virus it will spread quickly. I realise that b+l are major employer but 2 weeks would not be a big sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure that they have systems in place but lives before profits at this point.
    And apart from retail the government are really dragging the arse out of supplying a list of essential service businesses. Supposed to be online earlier this morning ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yep same in Youghal.
    Guards stopping people from out of town from heading towards the strand area.
    Some people still wouldn't get the message even if you beat it into them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

Not really "essential" perhaps? If one person picks there up the virus it will spread quickly. I realise that b+l are major employer but 2 weeks would not be a big sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure that they have systems in place but lives before profits at this point.
    And apart from retail the government are really dragging the arse out of supplying a list of essential service businesses. Supposed to be online earlier this morning ffs!

They could easily close for two weeks, they have plenty of stock in stores and realistically all orders are going to be put on hold, so therefore they wont be requiring new stock for some time, but in the case of Bausch and Lomb its clearly profits before people, absolutely disgraceful for the employees and also their family members/ loved ones that they will come into contact with

• Advertisement

If nothing else covid 19 has unwittingly tested the IQ of the nation.

Advertisement