Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,420 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If nothing else covid 19 has unwittingly tested the IQ of the nation.

thankfully, my iq test came back negatively

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Its greed pure and simple,a total disregard for employees health and safety and disrespectful to all the frontline healthcare workers telling us all to stay home.

B&L is a health care industry manufacturing contact lenses which may be vital to thousands and hundreds of thousands of people in the healthcare front line and health care industry worldwide. The fact they have stock is neither here nor there. This post is utterly silly and sounds like some schoolchild looking for a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

29 cases in waterford now

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Just read the government's list of essential services recently released (20hours after the announcement). Pretty exhaustive imo. Plus a pure pile of c rap. Its as you were before the press conference. How many more people have to be infected or die before Leo decides to send us all home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

blade1 wrote: »
    Yep same in Youghal.
    Guards stopping people from out of town from heading towards the strand area.
    Some people still wouldn't get the message even if you beat it into them :rolleyes:

I drove about 330km today and met not 1 Gaurd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

alta stare wrote: »
    So apart from that, what do you think of Grand Theft Auto? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cool story!

Just read the government's list of essential services recently released (20hours after the announcement). Pretty exhaustive imo. Plus a pure pile of c rap. Its as you were before the press conference. How many more people have to be infected or die before Leo decides to send us all home?

again, a complete lockdown now would cause wide scale panic, look at our stats, we re not doing as bad as other countries at the moment, even though this will probably rise, and possibly quickly soon. our current approach is preparing us very well for a possible lockdown, i.e we re not panicking too much, people are preparing reasonably well for lockdown. the last thing you want now is wide scale panic. yes this is a very risky strategy, but its currently working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It would almost be a lockdown if so many bloody idiots would take any notice of the current conditions. So many people out there, making journeys they shouldn't be making under the current conditions. Over 70s were told to stay in and they were swarming this morning. People told to only shop for essentials when they need to also totally ignored.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    again, a complete lockdown now would cause wide scale panic, look at our stats, we re not doing as bad as other countries at the moment, even though this will probably rise, and possibly quickly soon. our current approach is preparing us very well for a possible lockdown, i.e we re not panicking too much, people are preparing reasonably well for lockdown. the last thing you want now is wide scale panic. yes this is a very risky strategy, but its currently working

Our ICUs are nearing capacity

Within 10 days to 2 weeks,we will be at a worse stage than italy and spain,if we're lucky to last that long,(they've stopped treating anyone over 65 in parts of spain iirc)

Panic at this stage seems preferable to not having a lockdown,

Blind faith in a government which had a 2 month head start in preparing for this,but didnt even order PPE masks for healthcare workers is fcuking lunacy

blade1 wrote: »
    Cool story!

Thanks but i never intended it to be a cool story or any story, any person with even the lowest of IQ could see it was a statement of fact
    but you just wanted to try and be edgy didnt you... :D I swear this place brings out the best of idiots sometimes.

Within 10 days to 2 weeks,we will be at a worse stage than italy and spain,if we're lucky to last that long,(they've stopped treating anyone over 65 in parts of spain iirc)

Blind faith in a government which had a 2 month head start in preparing for this,but didnt even order PPE masks for healthcare workers is fcuking lunacy

panicking solves things by.....

jmcc wrote: »
    So apart from that, what do you think of Grand Theft Auto? :)

Regards...jmcc

Which one?

Regards...alta stare

panicking solves things by.....

By getting people to stay in....we wouldnt have 1000 plus pricking around at mahon falls last weekend....if people fully grasped whats happening

Anyone 65 plus,who has caught the virus today and takes a bad turn,most likely wont receive adequate healthcare as it wont be there for them.in 7 to 10 days when they display sythoms (no gaurantee for anyone under 65 either as ICUs become overrun)

Our ICUs are nearing capacity and your here trying to persuade people not to worry....based on what??

By getting people to stay in....we wouldnt have 1000 plus pricking around at mahon falls last weekend....if people fully grasped whats happening

Anyone 65 plus,who has caught the virus today and takes a bad turn,most likely wont receive adequate healthcare as it wont be there for them.in 7 to 10 days when they display sythoms (no gaurantee for anyone under 65 either as ICUs become overrun)

Our ICUs are nearing capacity and your here trying to persuade people not to worry....based on what??

you re panicking, the government is doing a pretty damn good job, again, compare our stats to other countries, we re not doing too bad at the moment. again, yes this is a risky strategy, but it is preventing further complications from having an overly panicking country, panicked people tend to be very erratic, which leads to further complications. use this time to prepare for a potential full lockdown

you re panicking, the government is doing a pretty damn good job, again, compare our stats to other countries, we re not doing too bad at the moment. again, yes this is a risky strategy, but it is preventing further complications from having an overly panicking country, panicked people tend to be very erratic, which leads to further complications. use this time to prepare for a potential full lockdown

Im not panicking though??

This is the way the numbers are stacking up...we are inline to be out of ICU capacity in 8 days??

You can row in behind the government all you want...but numbers dont lie...our icu numbers increased 5 fold in 3 days.....assuming this slows by 50% due to cluster we still run out tomorrow week

They are simply going to have to make decisions on who has best chance of recovery for treatment,those who picked up virus today will display sythoms in 7 to 10 days...

.its not panic or hysterical to suggest anyone over 65 picked up virus today wont receive adequate healthcare....its simply wont be there....no amount of fawning over the government is going to change this

Our stats are good,but simply not good enough italy has one of best healthcare in the world ours is simply no comparison to it,and its been an utter diaster out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

And the 2 weeks lockdown will continue ad infinitum too. There is no way they are going to let people back into cafes or hairdressers or schools in 2 weeks when 50% of cases are community transmission. The stark fact is the only weapon they have against this thing is to hide away, and that way if you do get it they can trace it to a house and deal with that. Until a vaccine is found, we are going to have to hide from Covid 19, they have nothing else to throw at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

This professor from Korea explain why face masks are important and why western goverments and W.H.O doesnt recommend them..interesting to watch it all as this chap fought many pandemics in the 30yrs.. https://youtu.be/gAk7aX5hksU
    He talks about masks at 15:00min but whole video is interesting.
    Stay safe ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

JohnC. wrote: »
    It would almost be a lockdown if so many bloody idiots would take any notice of the current conditions. So many people out there, making journeys they shouldn't be making under the current conditions. Over 70s were told to stay in and they were swarming this morning. People told to only shop for essentials when they need to also totally ignored.

Unfortunately hard to get deliveries and probably most people do their shop at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

Dashcam footage or it never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

To be fair to the government, two months ago, they were in the middle of a general election campaign. No government in Europe was preparing for this 2 months ago. I don't think that it's fair to criticise the government for this. They've done fairly well over the last couple of weeks. If you want to blame somebody, blame those who haven't followed government restrictions over the last two weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Our Government and public servants are doing an excellent job.

They've been very quick to act on the best medical and scientific information available to them.

We're extremely fortunate to have an experienced team at the helm right now responding to this rather than a lot of inexperienced new people.

Anyone who thinks we aren't represented well only has to look North to Belfast, east to London or west to Washington to see what incompetence really looks like.

Dashcam footage or it never happened

Of the whole journey? Would make for some boring show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I cant see,how they can stay open now tbh

Tbh.unless factories are supplying stuff to fight corona,cant see how they can stay open either??

Scary times

You cant see it because your ignorant and blinkered to the fact that some of these factories make drugs that people with ailments other than covid 19 depend on for survival

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

think the Government are doing a decent job

€350 a week is decent money for part time workers

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not quite sure where you were driving, but I went from ferrybank over to town around 10am and ferrybank over to cork road at 3pm and on both occasions, I passed at least 2 squad cars and when going through town I saw a number guards on the beat, including two walking along the dual carriageway in ferrybank.

I also saw pictures of a checkpoint on the dunmore and tramore roads along with footage on rte news of squad cars out in tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    You cant see it because your ignorant and blinkered to the fact that some of these factories make drugs that people with ailments other than covid 19 depend on for survival

Ironically these factories may end up closing. A lot of them aren't designed to operate under the concept of social distancing, so you have people crammed together, disease will spread quickly, be brought home to there families, pile more pressure on hospitals and factories may close as a result of sick workers/forced isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not quite sure where you were driving, but I went from ferrybank over to town around 10am and ferrybank over to cork road at 3pm and on both occasions, I passed at least 2 squad cars and when going through town I saw a number guards on the beat, including two walking along the dual carriageway in ferrybank.

I also saw pictures of a checkpoint on the dunmore and tramore roads along with footage on rte news of squad cars out in tramore.

2km is actually a decent distance and the guards prob wont bother asking someone walking on there own what there up too/ how far they have walked etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are they doing checkpoints? I’m here in my parents house but in about another week I will need to travel to my own place in Dublin to pick up clothing and medicines.

Advertisement