Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Gardai are at every exit of the Kilmeaden roundabout on the N25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Gardai are at every exit of the Kilmeaden roundabout on the N25.

I wonder will they be turning back all the UK cars and campervans that came off the ferry and heading all over the south east and cork/kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I wonder will they be turning back all the UK cars and campervans that came off the ferry and heading all over the south east and cork/kerry!

I seen that, Sure you can’t tell the Irish people living in the country they can’t go there but lads can come from UK have one of the highest death rates in Europe and they can come over no bother. Ferry’s should be checked on entry if it’s essential business to be travelling to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This flood of Brits (or Irish coming back for holidays) guff really has taken hold of the popular imagination.

Fergal Keane of RTE went down there and it turns out to be a handful of cars and otherwise commercial vehicles.

The movement is almost entirely Dublin to -> wherever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

This flood of Brits (or Irish coming back for holidays) guff really has taken hold of the popular imagination.

Fergal Keane of RTE went down there and it turns out to be a handful of cars and otherwise commercial vehicles.

The movement is almost entirely Dublin to -> wherever

He went down yesterday and had a look,what about the rest of the week and this weekend ,even a handful of cars each day is too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Leaving cert postponed till July/August, 6th year student in my house just sunk into to major depression.
    Well done teachers, your unions have obviously fought off predictive grades - you win again.
    Enjoy your early summer holidays on full pay, fire off a few resources to your classes and back out into the garden.
    Words fail me for the contempt I feel for you. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw a few playing football on the Ballybricken green today

people still dont get it the seriousness of it all and at this late stage prob wont.

Swear to god some people are incapable of been alone (incase there called a weirdo/loner) or having to stay indoors

That's a very sad trait to have- the inability to enjoy your own company. I see it all the time with people not being able to do ANYTHING without someone else besides them. Its as if being alone with their thoughts will reveal something they don't want to face. I remember saying to a workmate once that I booked a few days in the Lake District alone last year for a peaceful solo holiday and they looked at me as if I had 2 heads. Sad, really, to be 100% dependent on others and hence this surge of people who will never understand why they are being told to stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Leaving cert postponed till July/August, 6th year student in my house just sunk into to major depression.
    Well done teachers, your unions have obviously fought off predictive grades - you win again.
    Enjoy your early summer holidays on full pay, fire off a few resources to your classes and back out into the garden.

What's your alternative solution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I've got to wonder if a last minute switch to predicted grades works well when the system hasn't been running to that goal all year. There's going to be a lot of variability in the work to date with no standardisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,421 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Motivator wrote:
    You’re blaming the teachers? With a username such as yours no wonder you’ve the attitude of an utter kunt.

That's a bit strong

Tbh id have been buzzing for extra few months to study and drive up grades

Are schools/teachers doing anything to help,or live-stream lessons etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

spookwoman wrote: »

60 :(

Motivator wrote: »
    You’re blaming the teachers? With a username such as yours no wonder you’ve the attitude of an utter kunt.

Nice. That how you speak to your classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Does anybody know what buildings are being used for Corona patients in Waterford, I heard WIT arena was supposed to be being used for corona centres and or Travelodge, but could be just hear say, maybe it was mentioned in this thread already so sorry if I'm going over something already posted

Does anybody know what buildings are being used for Corona patients in Waterford, I heard WIT arena was supposed to be being used for corona centres and or Travelodge, but could be just hear say, maybe it was mentioned in this thread already so sorry if I'm going over something already posted

spotted that with wit, but theres nothing happening there, also heard some immigrants have been moved to travelodge due crowding issues in direct provision centers, could be bull**** though

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    spotted that with wit, but theres nothing happening there, also heard some immigrants have been moved to travelodge due crowding issues in direct provision centers, could be bull**** though

Yeah but what are the total number of illness's in Waterford and total number of deaths, surely that would depend on the demand to free up beds??

I suppose we would be just speculating

Yeah but what are the total number of illness's in Waterford and total number of deaths, surely that would depend on the demand to free up beds??

I suppose we would be just speculating

id say wit was just a reaction to things a couple of weeks ago, but wasnt needed in the end. id say death numbers are low in waterford compared to actual cases, but ive actually no clue in reality

Jesus lads i know we may sometimes disagree with each other and some more strongly than others but ye are going a bit too far with the above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

alta stare wrote: »
    Jesus lads i know we may sometimes disagree with each other and some more strongly than others but ye are going a bit too far with the above.

It's only good fun. Motivator is right , no way should the teachers be blamed for any of this but why does the username dunmoreroader make the poster a kunt. I was only replying to show that observations can be made about most usernames.

debok wrote: »
    It's only good fun. Motivator is right , no way should the teachers be blamed for any of this but why does the username dunmoreroader make the poster a kunt. I was only replying to show that observations can be made about most usernames.

I'm waiting for handbags to be thrown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

alta stare wrote:
    I'm waiting for handbags to be thrown

Obviously Dunmoreroader will have a Gucci bag to throw:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Leave out the name-calling please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Now is not the time to be throwing handbags.

Where are you going to buy a new one? Everywhere's shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id say wit was just a reaction to things a couple of weeks ago, but wasnt needed in the end. id say death numbers are low in waterford compared to actual cases, but ive actually no clue in reality

Latest numbers are 60 positives but I don’t think there’s been a death in Waterford buying could be wrong on that one. This link gives you the county by county positives and an other stats except for county by county deaths.

https://geohive.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/a192b58ba6904c1494f651706c223520

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The shorts be out with this weather

alta stare wrote: »

I really don't understand what you mean can you expand?? there was no malice between us in our general enquiry of the state of play in Waterford!

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    Obviously Dunmoreroader will have a Gucci bag to throw:)

I'll get out one of me lidl bags to catch all of the chips on shoulders of Waterford Boards members re the Dunmore road! Who knew? It's laughable!
    Leaving aside the personal attacks, no one is going to convince me that the teachers lobby didn't decide the dept. of Education's mind on this one.

• Advertisement

I really don't understand what you mean can you expand?? there was no malice between us in our general enquiry of the state of play in Waterford!

What are you on about? I did not qoute you.

Advertisement