Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

My post from yesterday when it was Sunny
    GinSoaked wrote: »
    Nice day today and people seem to be creeping back and making trips out in the car. We had gone down to nothing parked by our nearest beach for most of last week (with some notable exceptions like a camper van driving out of town for a picnic) and now we've had four cars parked down there most of the day.

Unfortunately its the sun that we don't need, when it comes out people soon follow.

Now today its overcast with a cold wind there isn't a car to be seen and not a soul out.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Nevermind. I do now.

Where is it? I know of one case in one close to Ferrybank. Wondering is it the same or are the numbers being kept hush hush

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

It doesn't exactly fill you with confidence when corona is getting into nursing homes this late. You don't need to be a epidemiologist to know you don't move staff around and staff need to be extra careful when not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Little Sisters of the Poor in ferrybank. They all have their own private apartments over there though so if it was to happen in any of them, they’re the best equipped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

My post from yesterday when it was Sunny

Now today its overcast with a cold wind there isn't a car to be seen and not a soul out.

People have to realise that we are allowed go in a two mile radius for exercise and we are allowed drive to the shops and make essential trips, when the weather is good more ppl naturally come out. Doesn’t mean anything is slipping, ppl need to get out their mental health also.

• Advertisement

People have to realise that we are allowed go in a two mile radius for exercise and we are allowed drive to the shops and make essential trips, when the weather is good more ppl naturally come out. Doesn’t mean anything is slipping, ppl need to get out their mental health also.

Family member went out the other day for items and yesterday the same.
    One place the security was chatting up someone so people were just going in like a normal day with no distancing. Traffic was like a normal day before the lockdown and green area's are full of kids out playing. Before you say the kids can play most of them were not playing with family members but other kids from god knows where. I've seen it myself parents are letting kids out to play with friends etc. Things are slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

bluess99 wrote: »
    The person was living in the City and recently moved to a nursing home in Wexford because no beds available in Waterford so it was counted as a Waterford Covid-19 death. Now there is a first case of a nursing home resident in Waterford. Pity Darren dont explain in full where the information comes from.

Skelton isn’t even a journalist, he doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about. He’s so busy trying to be the number one for breaking news he gets it arseways more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I was in Aldi yesterday evening and queued outside for about 10 mins. They let nobody in during that timeframe but let about 15-20 people out.

Despite the fact that over 70s have a priority slot between 11-1, I saw one over 70 coming out with nothing but 6 bottles of wine, a second coming out with nothing except two bags of compost and a third with just some sort of a rug. So much for cocooning, never mind making only necessary journeys.

I also understand that Debenhams gathered to protest today outside city square. Disappointed to see the Gardai didn't break it up like they did the one in Dublin.

hardybuck wrote: »
    I was in Aldi yesterday evening and queued outside for about 10 mins. They let nobody in during that timeframe but let about 15-20 people out.

Despite the fact that over 70s have a priority slot between 11-1, I saw one over 70 coming out with nothing but 6 bottles of wine, a second coming out with nothing except two bags of compost and a third with just some sort of a rug. So much for cocooning, never mind making only necessary journeys.

I also understand that Debenhams gathered to protest today outside city square. Disappointed to see the Gardai didn't break it up like they did the one in Dublin.

How can over 70's have priority when they shouldn't even be out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hey us composters need looking after, maybe he'd already been in shopping for groceries earlier.

• Advertisement

They have priority hours for the elderly and vulnerable - same as most of the supermarkets.

Hey us composters need looking after, maybe he'd already been in shopping for groceries earlier.

Seeing three elderly individuals making three fairly unnecessary shopping journeys indicates a bit of complacency setting in.

Well you may not want to pass the day making merry with a nice white/red but some do when you've been told to day out of the way by the state. I fail to see the harm, anyway who are you to judge their ages? ;)

Well you may not want to pass the day making merry with a nice white/red but some do when you've been told to day out of the way by the state. I fail to see the harm, anyway who are you to judge their ages? ;)

Well Harry they were either well into their 70s or they've been drinking too much and maybe not wearing the sunscreen let's put it that way!

I bought some wine myself along with my other groceries but I'm doing bigger shops less often to limit my journeys. Any number of volunteers would bring that to your door if you had to cocoon.

At the end of the day people have got to be sensible and responsible. When guidelines are relaxed here a lot of people won't have the cop on to behave responsibly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So you want to police what they buy now?
    So milk is ok, but a cake isn't I take it?
    :rolleyes:

Far more under 70's going into shops buying useless junk.

Over 70's are very much free to be out and about the same as you and me, its merely recommended they should be more mindful and stay home.

Especially if they have underlying issues

Cabaal wrote: »
    So you want to police what they buy now?
    So milk is ok, but a cake isn't I take it?
    :rolleyes:

Far more under 70's going into shops buying useless junk.

Over 70's are very much free to be out and about the same as you and me, its merely recommended they should be more mindful and stay home.

Especially if they have underlying issues

Cabaal, would you describe a journey to buy six bottles of wine responsible and essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Cabaal, would you describe a journey to buy six bottles of wine responsible and essential?

if you were an alcoholic, absolutely

Better than going six times to buy one bottle of wine.

But the responsible thing to do is to get the wine when you get your groceries.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If it was me personally, no.
    For an alcoholic, while I don't think its a good idea its very much essential to them no doubt.

Its's easy to be critical i suppose.

There's plenty of stuff I'm sure you've bought which is not "essential", choclate, coke, beer etc being purchased while shopping isn't very good use of time while shopping.

One could easily argue that the extra time you spend in store is putting yourself and potentially others at risk and you should ONLY get basic food items.

Cabaal wrote: »
    If it was me personally, no.
    For an alcoholic, while I don't think its a good idea its very much essential to them no doubt.

Its's easy to be critical i suppose.

There's plenty of stuff I'm sure you've bought which is not "essential", choclate, coke, beer etc being purchased while shopping isn't very good use of time while shopping.

One could easily argue that the extra time you spend in store is putting yourself and potentially others at risk and you should ONLY get basic food items.

How could you be sure what I purchased!?

• Advertisement

He can't and you can't be sure either, plenty of stuff probably snuck out under the cover of milk and bread lest Agent hardybuck spot a transgression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The Gardai broke up a protest of 5 people who were social distancing ,but yet did nothing about over 100 people in the four courts who were basically on top of each other not social distancing, looks like there is different rules for different people when they want.

But good to hear you are disappointed because the guards did not break up a silent protest outside city square.

He can't and you can't be sure either, plenty of stuff probably snuck out under the cover of milk and bread lest Agent hardybuck spot a transgression.

I think he's being picky in his posts for the sake of it.

Fact of the matter is that we've all seen questionable behaviour. Apparently footfall last week was up 40% in some of the main shopping areas of Dublin.

The High Court packed with protesters yesterday for that joke of a case taken by Gemma O'Doherty and John Waters challenging the Covid-19 laws.

Hopefully people maintain discipline for the greater good.

The Gardai broke up a protest of 5 people who were social distancing ,but yet did nothing about over 100 people in the four courts who were basically on top of each other not social distancing, looks like there is different rules for different people when they want.

But good to hear you are disappointed because the guards did not break up a silent protest outside city square.

I think that's an absolute disgrace - just saw it on the news. Can't understand how it was allowed happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Funny how the Guards were right on time to be there AHEAD of the debenhams workers protesting yet they couldn't disperse a gang of ignorant yahoos who were disobeying restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Funny how the Guards were right on time to be there AHEAD of the debenhams workers protesting yet they couldn't disperse a gang of ignorant yahoos who were disobeying restrictions.

Only saw the four courts story there now, absolutely disgraceful! They may well yet find COVID-19 is something to be taken seriously. A certain Boris Johnson did not take it seriously and things did not work out to great for him.

Maybe they has done their essential shopping at 900 when it opened and couldn't get the booze at that time. Waiting around for 30 mins or so for the booze section to open I cannot see many waiting. Plenty of people going into shops at all hours to get non essentials

spookwoman wrote: »
    Maybe they has done their essential shopping at 900 when it opened and couldn't get the booze at that time. Waiting around for 30 mins or so for the booze section to open I cannot see many waiting. Plenty of people going into shops at all hours to get non essentials

I got caught two weeks following like that. Its almost slightly embarrassing when they say no they can't sell you alcohol its too early and take the bottles away :o

Decided to fall back on the reserves rather than make an extra trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone think Dr Tony's late late statement last friday was a bit premature and got people's Hope's up a bit about ?

• Advertisement

Increase of 2 today
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone think Dr Tony's late late statement last friday was a bit premature and got people's Hope's up a bit about ?
    what did he say, I dont watch the late late

Advertisement