Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

spookwoman wrote: »
    Increase of 2 today

what did he say, I dont watch the late late

I thought he was pretty balanced i.e. we would like to be able to relax things May 6th a little bit, but lets see how it goes because we just don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Late late is not exactly the best place for a discussion on a pandemic. Pime time or something along those line is better. Don't know what it is with Ireland and putting items like that on late late.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Do u know lads if dealz is open these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Was a couple of weeks ago anyway. Presume it still is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Dealz was open today.

• Advertisement

Hardly think there was a lock down with the amount of people out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There's no lockdown, there never was. It's a set of restrictions.

either way lock down or restrictions lots of people out and about.

Another 3 confirmed bringing it up to 122

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

spookwoman wrote: »
    Hardly think there was a lock down with the amount of people out

The shorts brigade out in force

Some lads love to show off their legs once a bit of sun is out

Anyones guess what's happening after May 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Little up tick in cases nationwide after a few days of steady decreases. Hopefully people don't become too complacent.

After may 5th I expect barring a spike in cases DIY shops and some retail shops to begin to open. Gradual easing of restrictions hopefully with some trial and error depending on how the cases go around the country.

If people take the piss and there's a surge I expect further prolonged restrictions.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think he's being picky in his posts for the sake of it.

Fact of the matter is that we've all seen questionable behaviour. Apparently footfall last week was up 40% in some of the main shopping areas of Dublin.

The High Court packed with protesters yesterday for that joke of a case taken by Gemma O'Doherty and John Waters challenging the Covid-19 laws.

Hopefully people maintain discipline for the greater good.

Who told you that? The shops are closed in the main shopping areas of Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Brennans take away and Abra-Kebebra are open now its only a matter of time before the rest follow them

Just heard that the parking charges have been suspended during Covid 19, didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Little up tick in cases nationwide after a few days of steady decreases. Hopefully people don't become too complacent.

After may 5th I expect barring a spike in cases DIY shops and some retail shops to begin to open. Gradual easing of restrictions hopefully with some trial and error depending on how the cases go around the country.

If people take the piss and there's a surge I expect further prolonged restrictions.

I called into a cocooning relative yesterday and there were definitely more cars on the roads than the last few weeks. Past through Ballybricken and again there were a lot more cars parked around. As you say, if there is an increase in cases we are only going to be stuck with the 2km limit two or three more weeks. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

shockwave wrote: »
    Brennans take away and Abra-Kebebra are open now its only a matter of time before the rest follow them

Brennan's and Abrakebra never closed and have been open all the time,there's only one or two chippers in Waterford that are closed all the rest are open.

Just heard that the parking charges have been suspended during Covid 19, didn't know that.

Only for essential workers and it was only till the 11th April

https://waterfordcouncilnews.com/2020/03/31/free-parking-available-for-essential-and-front-line-services/?fbclid=IwAR0J19ixdhYGZF7bC6KLfZ5gtcsVm8Y2kJGMyhJkFZTrUoZ4SfuydrqSXc4

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

The parking charges were waived for everyone to benefit the essential workers.

The logic being I suppose that non essential workers shouldn't really be out and about to avail of free parking.

I heard what I heard on the RTE Morning ireland when this topic came up (as possible spreading mechanism). They obviously didn't read the small print on the Waterford council site.

We when I visit the pharmacy next Monday I'll chance it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

The question is how do they know that a parked car belongs to an essential worker?

Another is has anyone seen a parking warden anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

GinSoaked wrote: »
    The question is how do they know that a parked car belongs to an essential worker?

Another is has anyone seen a parking warden anywhere?

The parking charges are entirely waived at the moment for the benefit of essential workers. So nobody has to pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Brennan's and Abrakebra never closed and have been open all the time,there's only one or two chippers in Waterford that are closed all the rest are open.

Load of chippers won't do deliveries (at least to me) I'm in Williamstown area

Sprites wrote: »
    The parking charges are entirely waived at the moment for the benefit of essential workers. So nobody has to pay

Have the council said this somewhere?,i wonder if people know, not that the car parks are busy anyway.

Just drive to them and collect it if you have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Royal Chips in the Brasscock Centre deliver if it's over a certain amount - €10-12

The boy racers on two wheels are roaring up and down the Tramore road this afternoon (I think from the sound).

no increases in cases

Does anyone remember all the covid cases that the dubs and foreign brits brought to us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Does anyone remember all the covid cases that the dubs and foreign brits brought to us all?

Bank Holiday weekend next week so they may return

There are 12 suspected cases today in Waterford hospital inc 1 new suspected in ICU. 6 Confirmed cases in isolation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

shockwave wrote: »

When did Brennans close? Most of the take aways are still open and have been :confused:

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement