Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The chipper in ferrybank reopened this week also, they closed around the same time the pubs did.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

I hear applauding outside, what’s that about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Think we have at least one new confirmed case in the hospital :(

I hear applauding outside, what’s that about ?
    Depends where you're from but, if near Gracedieu, a fella in Carn Glas was running 50km around his block in there. Started this morning and I think he finished around that time.

129 cases now, an increase of 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Was out and about earlier, there are definitely more people around the roads, the green areas and I have seen cyclists in groups as well as road runners too. If we slip our standards now, we have an even longer lockdown in store. But people need their mental health too, its a tough one..

Depends where you're from but, if near Gracedieu, a fella in Carn Glas was running 50km around his block in there. Started this morning and I think he finished around that time.

Yep, Carn Glas, thanks a million! I wonder who it was, it must be one of the neighbours

Was out and about earlier, there are definitely more people around the roads, the green areas and I have seen cyclists in groups as well as road runners too. If we slip our standards now, we have an even longer lockdown in store. But people need their mental health too, its a tough one..
    Definitely many people around and yesterday the park seemed packed and there were kids at the playground :( They did say that people won’t live like this indefinitely and the longer then lockdown continues, the more likely it is for people to rebel against it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Pebble beach in Tramore is busy too. There was a big party in 1 of the houses last night

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pebble beach in Tramore is busy too. There was a big party in 1 of the houses last night

did you report them to the gardai ???

heard of a national annoucement weds coming and fear its an extension which could really drive people over the edge.

The Fallout of a further extension could be nothing on the Water Metre Brigade and all hell could break loose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

I don't know if this is true or just someones imagination running wild but I heard a story about the Guards pulling a couple off the Waterford Cork bus who were out for a day trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Was talking to a nurse tonight and she was told that there will be another 2 weeks of lockdown added,
    Really getting tired of it now

If people didn't act the gobshi*te and stayed at home there would be less chance of an extension to the restrictions. For those of us that are high risk and having to cocoon it's infuriating to see people ignoring them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

GinSoaked wrote: »
    I don't know if this is true or just someones imagination running wild but I heard a story about the Guards pulling a couple off the Waterford Cork bus who were out for a day trip?

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/04/25/gardai-waterford-social-distancing/?fbclid=IwAR22yXDHc-7guOCcHcOAOi9sjw4SBUZK1tLPMpWwxNDfffBzsdm47zvvTBU

aziz wrote: »
    Was talking to a nurse tonight and she was told that there will be another 2 weeks of lockdown added,

There never was a lockdown just restrictions,they can add another 4 weeks it doesn't matter people are fed up and will continue to do what they are doing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

aziz wrote: »

Another 700 euro for me then :)

spookwoman wrote: »
    If people didn't act the gobshi*te and stayed at home there would be less chance of an extension to the restrictions. For those of us that are high risk and having to cocoon it's infuriating to see people ignoring them

What are people doing that is so infuriating to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

What are people doing that is so infuriating to you?

I saw a neighborhood gathering form the other day on a green area. All of them old enough to know better, if it was teenagers there would have been an uproar. Infuriating to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

There never was a lockdown just restrictions,they can add another 4 weeks it doesn't matter people are fed up and will continue to do what they are doing now.

Absolutely. People have been blitzed with the word lockdown and they start to believe we are in one which makes some people terrified to step outside their front door. Some people seem to think the Gardai have with minimal reason the power to lock them up over being out which is nonsense. I have been over the bridge a few times this week and i have not seen the Gardai once...i guess they are winding it down themselves.

People are starting to get restless and no matter what is done by the government in the next week or so people are fed up and for that reason you will see more and more about and about. The amount of trades people i see working is higher than it has been since all this started. It is becoming obvious people are fed up.

All the patronising spin in the world by Harris and his cohorts is not enough anymore to keep people under their control. The country needs opening up and the next week or so is the time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The Gardai aren't just on the bridge. Sometimes there, sometimes the bit between motorway and bypass roundabouts, sometimes Grannagh at the junction with the old road. No idea about heading out Ferrybank direction though.

• Advertisement

Another 6 cases confirmed today bringing the total to 135. 2 cases in ICU.

fsjNoTo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

7 yesterday and 6 today, is that right? :eek: Significant jump from 1 or 2 cases every day or every second day. Does anyone know if this jump is representative of a cluster in a nursing home?

7 yesterday and 6 today, is that right? :eek: Significant jump from 1 or 2 cases every day or every second day. Does anyone know if this jump is representative of a cluster in a nursing home?

Dont know but looking at the daily report ref hospitals shows peope are still presenting themselves to WRH

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid19-updates.html#daily-updates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

See the old hotel across the river changing colour the past week is this essential work or is it being converted to a corona facility?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

alta stare wrote: »
    Absolutely. People have been blitzed with the word lockdown and they start to believe we are in one which makes some people terrified to step outside their front door. Some people seem to think the Gardai have with minimal reason the power to lock them up over being out which is nonsense. I have been over the bridge a few times this week and i have not seen the Gardai once...i guess they are winding it down themselves.

People are starting to get restless and no matter what is done by the government in the next week or so people are fed up and for that reason you will see more and more about and about. The amount of trades people i see working is higher than it has been since all this started. It is becoming obvious people are fed up.

All the patronising spin in the world by Harris and his cohorts is not enough anymore to keep people under their control. The country needs opening up and the next week or so is the time for it.

I don't think Harris and his cohorts are spinning anything. They spent their whole political career spinning but this time there actually advising people to do the right thing. Whether you like it or not there is a virus and just ignoring it is not going to make it go away.
    Everyone knew these restrictions were in place till may 5th so why is everyone getting antsy now. Tradespeople are back working but I guarantee you a lot of them are getting the 350 a week and it's not being fed up that has them back it's chance to get few extra quid while they can. I know one lad who actually took his name off his van so he wouldn't be reported in case he lost his 350.
    Yes it's hard financially fir most of us but id rather my friends and family to be safe than to get a few extra quid in me pocket.
    Also lot of people don't like the way things are now because they can't lie and bull**** about how great there life is on Facebook and Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

debok wrote: »
    I don't think Harris and his cohorts are spinning anything. They spent their whole political career spinning but this time there actually advising people to do the right thing. Whether you like it or not there is a virus and just ignoring it is not going to make it go away.
    Everyone knew these restrictions were in place till may 5th so why is everyone getting antsy now. Tradespeople are back working but I guarantee you a lot of them are getting the 350 a week and it's not being fed up that has them back it's chance to get few extra quid while they can. I know one lad who actually took his name off his van so he wouldn't be reported in case he lost his 350.
    Yes it's hard financially fir most of us but id rather my friends and family to be safe than to get a few extra quid in me pocket.
    Also lot of people don't like the way things are now because they can't lie and bull**** about how great there life is on Facebook and Instagram.

You dont believe the government arent spinning anything? Wow.

I understand they are given advice but not all of it makes sense. Ffs even Harris had no clue as to why the virus is called covid19. Now we hear that overseas visitors and people who travel from NI are exempt from the travel restrictions. That is laughable and it shows how open for challenge this whole non essential travel lark is.

I know some lads are back in work unofficially and that is their own choice but it is very clear many trades are back working.

So are you willing to stay out of work for an indefinite amount of time? At any point the government could cut the 350 payment and they will because they cannot afford to keep it going. Will you still be happy to stay out of work?

Ah come on i dont think people are getting pissed off just because they cant "lie and bull****" on Facebook and the likes. They are getting pissed off/restless due to being told they cant go beyond 2kms for the last month... the latter being another bit of spin.

We need to start reopening the country and thankfully that will happen soon. With a few countries in Europe doing it that means we will follow suit and i for one look forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

alta stare wrote: »
    You dont believe the government arent spinning anything? Wow.

I understand they are given advice but not all of it makes sense. Ffs even Harris had no clue as to why the virus is called covid19. Now we hear that overseas visitors and people who travel from NI are exempt from the travel restrictions. That is laughable and it shows how open for challenge this whole non essential travel lark is.

I know some lads are back in work unofficially and that is their own choice but it is very clear many trades are back working.

So are you willing to stay out of work for an indefinite amount of time? At any point the government could cut the 350 payment and they will because they cannot afford to keep it going. Will you still be happy to stay out of work?

Ah come on i dont think people are getting pissed off just because they cant "lie and bull****" on Facebook and the likes. They are getting pissed off/restless due to being told they cant go beyond 2kms for the last month... the latter being another bit of spin.

We need to start reopening the country and thankfully that will happen soon. With a few countries in Europe doing it that means we will follow suit and i for one look forward to it.

I don't get what it is that your calling spin is all?
    Harris is a twat but there is a virus going around. They advise you to do things to protect yourself , I just don't understand what's being spun. The only spin might be that there is even more deaths of vulnerable people that their not reporting.
    The advise was till may 5th I just don't understand why people can't follow the advice until then. Yes the government will cut the 350 at some point of course they will but why can't people try to survive on it fir the few weeks , stay in get the infected numbers down. It's been only over a month , you'd swear tis years the way your talking . Sorry for disagring but iv personally seen the effects the virus can have and it kinda makes you think nothing else matters only your health. Not one thing is more important than your health I couldn't give a fack about money or wealth it dies you no good when your dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Reports in the Indo stating that the lockdown is to be extended, pretty much confirming what my Garda brother in law told me, that they are being told to prepare provisionally for at least another 6 weeks of this

Numbers are not falling and complacency has set in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Reports in the Indo stating that the lockdown is to be extended, pretty much confirming what my Garda brother in law told me, that they are being told to prepare provisionally for at least another 6 weeks of this

Numbers are not falling and complacency has set in

another 6 weeks??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

another 6 weeks??

I suppose, in reality, they’d have to prepare for every eventuality, so being readied for an extension of the lockdown would be normal but he did say that it’s looking likely that it will be extended, the numbers are not falling and the nursing home situation is not helping matters, plus the Covidiots are not helping

Advertisement