Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

they should open up all the bookies, pubs and pound shops first. see if the scummers get infected first before opening it up to the rest of us. be the first thing they have contributed to society in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Gardner wrote: »
    they should open up all the bookies, pubs and pound shops first. see if the scummers get infected first before opening it up to the rest of us. be the first thing they have contributed to society in a while

Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

spookwoman wrote: »
    138 cases in waterford, 1 extra today

Waterford is doing fine and the hospital has plenty of capacity but the figures are all wrong.

Talking to a nurse today who has lost 2 elderly relatives to Covid-19 and the doctors refused to come out to issue death certificates and the certs the homes filed state lung failure. Suspect there is a lot more of that going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Waterford is doing fine and the hospital has plenty of capacity but the figures are all wrong.

Talking to a nurse today who has lost 2 elderly relatives to Covid-19 and the doctors refused to come out to issue death certificates and the certs the homes filed state lung failure. Suspect there is a lot more of that going on.

Can guarantee the numbers are lot higher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Ffs what a load of tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    addicts dont wake up some morning and say, lets fcuk my life up, and those around me!

They dont but they damn sure know the chaos they are creating so they are somewhat responsible. I applaud any person in such a position who manages to get out of it but those who stay wrapped up in it should be left to their own devices. Iv experienced such things with someone the last two years and it begins to wear thin. Some people just dont want to be helped. Any this isn't the thread for that craic so ill say no more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

That's some crock of boll*x you spout dear man.

It's not the getting infected that's the issue it's the spreading of the infection.

Dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Some lads love a good bite I must say. But anyway, did anyone see the video doing the rounds of Damien Tiernan interviewing 2 lads drinking cans on the Quay? Poor form for a father and son to be drinking cans on the Quay but what sort of idiot is DT publishing this video. What is he trying to achieve? Maybe the next step for him is to get a job in the News and Star or the Mirror/Sun. Must be a slow news day for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

I saw that too,I felt sorry for them in the sense that it seemed a bit exploited.
    If they were sober fair enough to be talking to him but would they be as willing to chat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Some lads love a good bite I must say. But anyway, did anyone see the video doing the rounds of Damien Tiernan interviewing 2 lads drinking cans on the Quay? Poor form for a father and son to be drinking cans on the Quay but what sort of idiot is DT publishing this video. What is he trying to achieve? Maybe the next step for him is to get a job in the News and Star or the Mirror/Sun. Must be a slow news day for him.

Don't think they were really father and son.

• Advertisement

He's taken down the fillim and apologized for it on the radio this morning.

No he had a point though a misguided one. Twas a handy thing for you to try deflect from making an eejit of yerself and to change the subject but I don't buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

All the more reason why the restrictions should be eased on a county by county basis,inner city Dublin and rural Waterford/Wexford are very different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

All the more reason why the restrictions should be eased on a county by county basis,inner city Dublin and rural Waterford/Wexford are very different places.

Can you imagine how impossible that would be to police. Imagine trying to police the boundary in Ferrybank, at the Tipp border along the mountains and on the Cork border in West Waterford. Absolute chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd be more in favour of the counties around Dublin being kept to the current restrictions. Easier to isolate the Pale!

That would certainly be impossible to manage.

Plus, people in all other counties wouldn't see
    "Oh, numbers in Waterford and Wexford are *relatively* low, good for them starting back on the road to normality."

Instead it'd be
    "WHY THE **** ARE THE BLAAS AND YELLOWBELLIES LET OUT AND I'M TRAPPED."

hardybuck wrote: »
    Can you imagine how impossible that would be to police. Imagine trying to police the boundary in Ferrybank, at the Tipp border along the mountains and on the Cork border in West Waterford. Absolute chaos.

It wouldn't be impossible ,keep the current restrictions in the worst affected counties and ease them in the least affected ,the guards are supposedly everywhere now so not impossible by any means.

It wouldn't be impossible ,keep the current restrictions in the worst affected counties and ease them in the least affected ,the guards are supposedly everywhere now so not impossible by any means.

Yeah, tell a million Dubs that they're staying put while other counties are getting back to things.

So how would you patrol the border in Ferrybank? Would you let lads play on one half of the GAA pitch but not the other?

• Advertisement

Yeah, tell a million Dubs that they're staying put while other counties are getting back to things.

The Dubs would be telling the other counties to keep their sick out of their hospitals too!

So how would you patrol the border in Ferrybank? Would you let lads play on one half of the GAA pitch but not the other?

No need to patrol any borders,checkpoints and if you are not from Waterford and dont have a legitimate reason to be here then you are sent home,pretty much what is happening now all over the country ,nothing is impossible anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

91wx763 wrote: »
    He's taken down the fillim and apologized for it on the radio this morning.

That's fair enough so, at least he apologized which is good

No need to patrol any borders,checkpoints and if you are not from Waterford and dont have a legitimate reason to be here then you are sent home,pretty much what is happening now all over the country ,nothing is impossible anymore.

I'm not sure you're grasping my point about Ferrybank. The county boundaries are all over the place up there. It splits the GAA pitch. Our port is in Kilkenny.

Rather than general checkpoints, this proposal would make the authorities' job even harder by asking them to police checkpoints on all the entry points from Tipp, Kilkenny, Cork and potentially at Passage to see who might be coming through Wexford.

To push your idea further, it's quite possible that rates in Waterford City are far higher than other parts of county Waterford. In that scenario would it be sensible to impose stricter regulations on Waterford City than rural areas in the county?

I'm not sure you're grasping my point about Ferrybank. The county boundaries are all over the place up there. It splits the GAA pitch. Our port is in Kilkenny.

Rather than general checkpoints, this proposal would make the authorities' job even harder by asking them to police checkpoints on all the entry points from Tipp, Kilkenny, Cork and potentially at Passage to see who might be coming through Wexford.

To push your idea further, it's quite possible that rates in Waterford City are far higher than other parts of county Waterford. In that scenario would it be sensible to impost stricter regulations on Waterford City than rural areas in the county?

You're thinking too much about it,its an idea im saying would work if the right people sat down and came up with a plan for two weeks or so with every possible scenario looked at within all the south east counties,its not going to happen anyway and people in Kilmeaden still wont be able to move 2km from their house on Tuesday because there is thousands of cases in Dublin.

You're thinking too much about it,its an idea im saying would work if the right people sat down and came up with a plan for two weeks or so with every possible scenario looked at within all the south east counties,its not going to happen anyway and people in Kilmeaden still wont be able to move 2km from their house on Tuesday because there is thousands of cases in Dublin.

You see these things must be thought about quite a bit - they're huge impositions on people's freedom. It's an unworkable idea that doesn't stand up to even the most basic analysis, and the last thing we need now at this stage is divisive policies that treat you differently to your neighbour up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭azimuth17

UHW is the regional hospital and path lab for the south east, the last thing we need is beggar thy neighbour stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hospital doesn't seem too busy here, but obviously I can't get inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

BBM77 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that is the way all city centres are today.

However, I know it is not the Quay but it is maddening that the council put a homeless centre in the old Bank of Ireland on Parnell St. For Christ sake it is next to two schools! Surly they could have found a more suitable location away from the city centre. And not encourage junkies/drunks to be hanging around.

It drives me mad when the council does these things. They talk about the need for a vibrant city centre. Then in the middle of one of its nice streets with offices, schools and some residential then they come along and put a centre for piss heads. They build a new road in a suburb in a nice area to open up the area for housing then they come along and put a halting site in the middle of it full of savages.

Is this temporary or permanent ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

jopax wrote: »
    I saw that too,I felt sorry for them in the sense that it seemed a bit exploited.
    If they were sober fair enough to be talking to him but would they be as willing to chat then.

this is exactly the side of DT i don't like. I am not defending the fellas out and about tinning but its pure exploitation of fellas with a bit of sauce in them just to get a couple or likes/retweets on twitter and to be honest, for a fella WLR claim to the the "voice of Waterford" he really isnt giving a good impression of the place for anyone from the outside looking in.

Advertisement