Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No news cases today but it is Sunday so may mean nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Disappointing to see dozens hauled out of a pub during the week,hope they enjoyed a lockin in the barracks

Where was it? Locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

debok wrote: »
    Where was it? Locally?

Chicken Ranch.

May as well be, yer man Hoffmans hops the ball and runs off. Only acting the maggot.

91wx763 wrote: »
    Chicken Ranch.

May as well be, yer man Hoffmans hops the ball and runs off. Only acting the maggot.

Oh right. I like asking questions just to draw the bull**** out a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is that actually true though, I heard a similar story, but wasn’t actually able to confirm if it was true or just hearsay.

Yes and second time in a fortnight , well if there's a spike in the next couple of weeks we'll know where it came from in town....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

debok wrote: »
    Where was it? Locally?

Wonder does it have something to do why Tullys stopped doing the take away flasks all of a sudden ?

The only thing worse than gossip is rubbish half a story gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

The only thing worse than gossip is rubbish half a story gossip.
    That will leave us all with very little to say :(

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Yes and second time in a fortnight , well if there's a spike in the next couple of weeks we'll know where it came from in town....

Where was it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

On a more positive note. Two days now and no new cases in Waterford. Quite an achievement considering the population density of the city. Wonder if Waterford’s geography helped. With a wide river and one bridge into the city access is easy to control.

• Advertisement

Waterford now has the best/lowest infection rate per 10,000 of population. So this might be a good time to declare unilateral independence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

BBM77 wrote: »
    On a more positive note. Two days now and no new cases in Waterford. Quite an achievement considering the population density of the city. Wonder if Waterford’s geography helped. With a wide river and one bridge into the city access is easy to control.

Obscurity and no reasonable access to an airport are the reasons the virus never established itself in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Obscurity and no reasonable access to an airport are the reasons the virus never established itself in Waterford.

Oh go away!

BBM77 wrote: »

The theory that it was here before xmas and given the severe flu that was about then

Could point to a type of herd immunity??

The theory that it was here before xmas and given the severe flu that was about then

Could point to a type of herd immunity??

The more people I talk to the more people I hear had it before Xmas :rolleyes: First my wife then my son, then she thinks I had it (I had a seasonal bug that I always get at that time of year) and now my daughter and son in law in the UK are convinced they had it. Personally thats a theory I wouldn't want to give too much oxygen to.

It's getting silly now - the entire Deise came down with the dreaded lurgy and that's why the rate is so low now. Of course that's not to say the death stats for the Dec-Feb period shouldn't be looked at but from an epidemiological point of view someone would have spotted something by now you'd think.

It's getting silly now - the entire Deise came down with the dreaded lurgy and that's why the rate is so low now. Of course that's not to say the death stats for the Dec-Feb period shouldn't be looked at but from an epidemiological point of view someone would have spotted something by now you'd think.

D.R Up 25% over last 5 seasons so something sinister was spreading around xmas ,then again with the care free way traffic has picked up around town to wont take much to seed another cluster and we're back to square 1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wonder does it have something to do why Tullys stopped doing the take away flasks all of a sudden ?

No

GinSoaked wrote: »
    The more people I talk to the more people I hear had it before Xmas :rolleyes: First my wife then my son, then she thinks I had it (I had a seasonal bug that I always get at that time of year) and now my daughter and son in law in the UK are convinced they had it. Personally thats a theory I wouldn't want to give too much oxygen to.
    I wouldnt dismiss it outta hand,i was never as sick.as i was then for a week to 10 days and literally never anything as close to.as sick before....like talking sleeping 14-15 hours and fever/sweats never see like of before....and id be someone prone to chesty coughs at times

Took me weeks to get right over it,and nearly everyone got it too.....though i suppose it'll never be known either way now

I wouldnt dismiss it outta hand,i was never as sick.as i was then for a week to 10 days and literally never anything as close to.as sick before....like talking sleeping 14-15 hours and fever/sweats never see like of before....and id be someone prone to chesty coughs at times

Took me weeks to get right over it,and nearly everyone got it too.....though i suppose it'll never be known either way now

Even if true its better dismissed out of hand otherwise everyone with a cold early in the year is going to think they are safe to go out and can't spread it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

The Gardaí are on all the entrances to UHW because the place is crawling with travellers. 2 van loads of travellers arrived last night and camped up at the back of the ED because one of their "high kings" is in the ICU. They're "holding a vigil". Some of them are in the hospital itself.

So, a high group have come to visit a high risk individual who is already in the ICU, and Pavee Point have what to say about their actions?

How did these people get anywhere near the hospital if the Gardaí are supposedly doing checkpoints? More importantly, why tf have they not all been arrested already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I had some relatives (one older, one younger) who were the sickest theyve ever been and had to visit the hospital at xmas with flu like symptoms. Almost everyone at my house on xmas day caught it. Symptoms sounded a lot like what folks describe for Coronavirus i.e. super sick with high fevers, headaches and dry coughs. Lasted about 5 to 10 days.

Maybe it was Corona. Probably not though because myself and the wife got the normal flu vaccine in work and survived a couple of weeks of sick kids coughing in our faces without picking anything up.

You never know though. Improbable as it is, if it later turned out it had been circulating earlier i dont think it would be the most far fetched thing i had heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

The Gardaí are on all the entrances to UHW because the place is crawling with travellers. 2 van loads of travellers arrived last night and camped up at the back of the ED because one of their "high kings" is in the ICU. They're "holding a vigil". Some of them are in the hospital itself.

So, a high group have come to visit a high risk individual who is already in the ICU, and Pavee Point have what to say about their actions?

How did these people get anywhere near the hospital if the Gardaí are supposedly doing checkpoints? More importantly, why tf have they not all been arrested already?

I see there was a van on fire in the halting site in Kilbarry early this morning, fire brigade seemed to be just keeping an eye on it so it didn't get out of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Let's hope everything in there is nailed to the floor. So they want all the benefits of a civilised society, like healthcare, but don't want to contribute to it? Must have turned up after the leeches stopped working and because it's free. Maybe consanguinity is high risk for COVID-19?

There's now 2 paddy wagons parked up at the hospital, great use of taxpayer money, certainly not coming out of any of their pockets.

The travellers are being allowed in to visit that "high king" in ICU.

We have patients and residents dying alone, some haven't seen family in weeks and months.

It's vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

How do you know they are allowed into the ICU? I would very much doubt that part.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

4 Gardai manning the main entrance and checking every car entering the hospital grounds

How do you know they are allowed into the ICU? I would very much doubt that part.

Because I saw it happening with my own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There's now 2 paddy wagons parked up at the hospital, great use of taxpayer money, certainly not coming out of any of their pockets.

We have patients and residents dying alone, some haven't seen family in weeks and months.

It's vile.

must be health professionals authorised to be so, fair play to them for helping to save lives!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's vile.

How many of them allowed in?

Advertisement