Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Gardner wrote: »
    Has anyone read this drivel from Pat McAvoy. Himself and Skelton must be drinking out of the same coffee cup.

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/05/15/view-from-the-green-room-lockdown-blues/#.XsEFZmbhSDZ

Speaking of Skelton I hear on the grapevine a few complaints have been made to the paper in regards to certain articles he wrote in the context of false reporting the nationalities of people in the articles and then another article where he mentions the nationality of the person which bears no relevance whatsoever to the story. I wonder what agenda he has

You "heard".....

From who ? From where ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Gardner wrote: »
    Has anyone read this drivel from Pat McAvoy. Himself and Skelton must be drinking out of the same coffee cup.

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/05/15/view-from-the-green-room-lockdown-blues/#.XsEFZmbhSDZ

Speaking of Skelton I hear on the grapevine a few complaints have been made to the paper in regards to certain articles he wrote in the context of false reporting the nationalities of people in the articles and then another article where he mentions the nationality of the person which bears no relevance whatsoever to the story. I wonder what agenda he has

Is Pat McAvoy not just an opinion piece column that he does everyweek wouldn't be getting worked up over one man's opinion in a local paper.
    As for Skelton how much rent is he paying for living in your head and by on the grapevine do you mean you made few complaints to the paper?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what pubs here can open at the end of June with the 'restraunt loophole rule' ???

Couple of pubs opening in Dublin as 'Restraunts'

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Was wondering the same,seeing as the riverside cottage?(orphens) were on Facebook saying they were going to open,what do the likes of Geoff's,heerys,revolution,Kasbar,and the Munster ,to name a few,going to do.
    The above for a sandwich and three pints in each one would do me grand.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what pubs here can open at the end of June with the 'restraunt loophole rule' ???

The Cove, the Uluru, Craftsman, Paddy Brownes, the Tavern, Oscars, The Reg and The Sweep off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

O'Donnacha's in Kilmeaden.

Riverside Cottage joining Tullys in offering take away draft

I'm happy with my 4 for €10/€12 cans from the off licence instead of paying €5.50 plus Delivery for a draught Heineken. Although good idea from the establishments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In the city itself it's just revolution and the three shipped that have the restaurant license with plenty more going for it due to the pandemic.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

In the city itself it's just revolution and the three shipped that have the restaurant license with plenty more going for it due to the pandemic.

Isn't Heerys licensed as a restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭azimuth17

And geoff's, the Munster, the Reg, the Uluru etc are they not restaurants as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

A restaurant licence is limited compared to a publicans licence. Most pubs wouldn't need both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

aziz wrote: »
    Isn't Heerys licensed as a restaurant

Well, according to Flash who I spoke to yesterday about the potential for reopening he said only revolution and the three shippes currently maintain restaurant licenses of the "pubs" or "bars" in the city.

That's the extent of my knowledge on it really. I don't know why heerys would carry it and not simply trade on the existing license carried by the group for example but couldn't say for sure.

It is an extra annual cost for premises that isn't exactly necessary for most of them but who knows. Sorry I just read back my original post and I left out the start where I should have said that "according to Flash"

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Revolution gets bad rep but it does have the size if u include upstairs (which used to be a nightclub cant think of the name). Toilets are pretty small tho and could cause issues

Three Shippes is smaller but you could fit a decent few

Really hard to guess what's going to happen in a few weeks

Could see this been an issue

'Will you be allowed go in solely for a pint?
    Under the current restaurant cert rules you would be allowed to head into the pub solely for a pint.

This is however a grey area and the majority of places will be looking for Government guidance before June 29 as to what they can and cannot do.

But at this moment in time the cert would allow for people to get a pint without food's'

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/local-pub-open-42-days-22057404

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Revolution gets bad rep but it does have the size if u include upstairs (which used to be a nightclub cant think of the name). Toilets are pretty small tho and could cause issues

Three Shippes is smaller but you could fit a decent few

Really hard to guess what's going to happen in a few weeks

Could see this been an issue

'Will you be allowed go in solely for a pint?
    Under the current restaurant cert rules you would be allowed to head into the pub solely for a pint.

This is however a grey area and the majority of places will be looking for Government guidance before June 29 as to what they can and cannot do.

But at this moment in time the cert would allow for people to get a pint without food's'

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/local-pub-open-42-days-22057404

Free bowl of soup with every 3rd pint!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Free bowl of soup with every 3rd pint!

On to something there good offer

Could be a lot of bowls of chips/cocktail Sausages/onion rings etc been ordered

The exchange opening up and serving food apparently

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Surely not until 29th June at the earliest?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Surely not until 29th June at the earliest?
    Eat your dinner there ?

Are the mice gone ? Maybe they are, but the toilets are sh*thouses and there's been mould and slime on the beer taps for years.

Place might overtake the covid for making folks sick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Thanks I'll know where to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I believe their hot dogs are to die for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Are ya having a laugh? Weren't they closed down for rodents or something earlier in January or something?

Are ya having a laugh? Weren't they closed down for rodents or something earlier in January or something?

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/02/10/waterford-pub-forced-closure/

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/hse-confirms-small-increase-in-tb-cases-in-waterford-905212.html

The health authorities will really have to keep a close watch on any pub just serving food as a cover for selling drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

91wx763 wrote: »
    https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/02/10/waterford-pub-forced-closure/

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/hse-confirms-small-increase-in-tb-cases-in-waterford-905212.html

The health authorities will really have to keep a close watch on any pub just serving food as a cover for selling drink.

I may have missed the detail on this so forgive me if i am asking a question already asked. Can a pub serve alcohol with food or are they only allowed open for food? If so will a person be served multiple pints when sitting down for food. When their food is finished will they still be served drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A restaurant will be allowed to serve you just alcohol. It's probably in their best interest to not take the piss. Expect to see bookings/reservations only (for contact tracing) and max of 2 hour sittings.

AdMMM wrote: »
    A restaurant will be allowed to serve you just alcohol. It's probably in their best interest to not take the piss. Expect to see bookings/reservations only (for contact tracing) and max of 2 hour sittings.

This could get a little messy I feel

Locals/regulars will get some leeway in places and will prob be allowed stay for as long as they want

If they dont like the look of you then its 'sorry bud not tonight', 'were full sorry'

This is Ireland.

I've said it all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

A venue with just a restaurant licence cannot sell alcohol unless a substantial meal is being served and only for up to 30 mins after the meal.

Things have been going well the last few days touch wood we might see an acceleration of phases and maybe easier protocols introduced for pubs etc

But it is Leo, Harris and Dr Tony who are in charge and they can be as pessimistic/alarmist as anything

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

PTH2009 wrote:
    But it is Leo, Harris and Dr Tony who are in charge and they can be as pessimistic/alarmist as anything

Pot ....Kettle..... Black ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is it in any nursing homes in Waterford?

Advertisement