Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

Sad to see three campervans pass the door today in the direction of Tramore....Heard reports of a Male been rescued up the Commeragh mountains...the life boat also been busy in Tramore and Passage.

I know it's a Bank Holiday weekend but the 5km starting to be ignored. All the good work on keeping the numbers low could be wiped out this weekend.

bluess99 wrote: »
    Sad to see three campervans pass the door today in the direction of Tramore....Heard reports of a Male been rescued up the Commeragh mountains...the life boat also been busy in Tramore and Passage.

I know it's a Bank Holiday weekend but the 5km starting to be ignored. All the good work on keeping the numbers low could be wiped out this weekend.

It's more than the 5km it's also 2m rule and hardly see anyone wearing masks now. Noticed the last few evenings people wont even move in on the foot path and you have to go out further in the road to pass. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

am I imagining it, or are there groups of Spanish students around the city the last few days ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    am I imagining it, or are there groups of Spanish students around the city the last few days ?

Id be very surprised if that was the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

¿Estudiantes españoles dónde? Creo que eso es imposible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As mentioned on the 5G thread we have some absolute dolts in local politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shouting match down in the park today between 2 groups. Not sure what it was about

Disgraceful carry on esp with children around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

bluess99 wrote: »

The 5k was always rediculous so it was inevitable it would be broken and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Deisegodeo wrote: »

I know from personal experience that a lot of the students who were in wit are going to be leaving over the next couple of weeks so maybe they are out enjoying the fine weather before going home?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

spookwoman wrote: »
    It's more than the 5km it's also 2m rule and hardly see anyone wearing masks now. Noticed the last few evenings people wont even move in on the foot path and you have to go out further in the road to pass. :mad:

Watch this space. The second wave. Coming to your neighbourhood soon. The virus is only surpressed not eliminated.
    Wait until the 5km rule is officially moved to 20km. People will come and go as they please. Especially if this weather continues.
    When that picture of Leo V surfaced of him top off in the Phoenix Park shooting the breeze it handed Joe Public the initiative to think it's all over let's do what we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Watch this space. The second wave. Coming to your neighbourhood soon. The virus is only surpressed not eliminated.
    Wait until the 5km rule is officially moved to 20km. People will come and go as they please. Especially if this weather continues.
    When that picture of Leo V surfaced of him top off in the Phoenix Park shooting the breeze it handed Joe Public the initiative to think it's all over let's do what we want.

Agreed, imagine the outcry if it was Mary Lou with her baps out, drinking cans in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jesus crisps....

New case today in waterford. Lot of people the last few week since they eased the restrictions are coming and going as they please. Know of someone in Portaloise who went up to Dublin to visit family and friends. Not to mention the neighbour and her mates who have not not followed the rules from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

As mentioned on the 5G thread we have some absolute dolts in local politics.
    PTH2009 wrote: »

A vigil in solidarity with the blacklivesmatter movement is happening down the clock tower this Saturday,over 500 people going so far according to their facebook page,lets see if this gets cancelled like the free gig in Ballybricken!

https://www.facebook.com/events/705206190314336/

Not sounding too fun

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/06/02/tough-making-ends-meet-as-bars-face-dramatic-capacity-reduction/#.XtaZglNw3qu

How pubs in Ballybricken will adapt will be interesting. Lots of customers who prefer to sit at the bar up that way and let's just say some clientele dont take kindly to stuff they dont like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not sounding too fun

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/06/02/tough-making-ends-meet-as-bars-face-dramatic-capacity-reduction/#.XtaZglNw3qu

How pubs in Ballybricken will adapt will be interesting. Lots of customers who prefer to sit at the bar up that way and let's just say some clientele dont take kindly to stuff they dont like

Out of curiosity where do you drink since you look down your nose at people who drink in ballybricken 🙄🙄

Out of curiosity where do you drink since you look down your nose at people who drink in ballybricken 🙄🙄

I drink in ballybricken occasionally, 9.5/10 its grand but sometimes like most places in the city you can run into issues over stupid stuff

Didn't mean to sound so snobby about it

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

You're the only one saying people are looking down there noses over Ballybricken.

People are only calling out places over what is the truth.

• Advertisement

A vigil in solidarity with the blacklivesmatter movement is happening down the clock tower this Saturday,over 500 people going so far according to their facebook page,lets see if this gets cancelled like the free gig in Ballybricken!

https://www.facebook.com/events/705206190314336/

Cancelled

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/06/04/black-lives-matter-vigil-cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR2_tnz0eg7zy3skDbG2sTpFJFZq8bfyQh4A4T8ic293704MdSjPt6ZXB7k#.Xtkz0Z5KiLJ

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Proper order. What happened in the US is disgusting. These sort of incidents and oppression been happening for centuries over there. And throughout the world I should add.

However, we should be cognisant of the fact that we are at the tail end (some might say pause) in a global pandemic. To date 1,664 Irish people have died from Covid 19. Large scale mass protests should not happen at this time IMO as the risks are all too apparent.

We all can show our solidarity in other ways.

All our lives matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Proper order. What happened in the US is disgusting. These sort of incidents and oppression been happening for centuries over there. And throughout the world I should add.

However, we should be cognisant of the fact that we are at the tail end (some might say pause) in a global pandemic. To date 1,664 Irish people have died from Covid 19. Large scale mass protests should not happen at this time IMO as the risks are all too apparent.

All our lives matter.
    Yep, totally agree. While the treatment black people get in America from the police especially is terrible, disgusting, criminal,.......It's America. Obviously, there is racism in Ireland too but these marches just seem like tokenism, and frankly irresponsible with corona on. When corona is over, they should/can have all the marches they like for American oppressed, uighurs in China, rohinga in myanmar or whatever.

All our lives matter.

Totally agree with you also,even though this was cancelled dont be surprised if people still show up tomorrow ive seen posts on Instagram and facebook from people who are still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

spookwoman wrote: »
    New case today in waterford. Lot of people the last few week since they eased the restrictions are coming and going as they please. Know of someone in Portaloise who went up to Dublin to visit family and friends. Not to mention the neighbour and her mates who have not not followed the rules from the start.

You're right. I'm up here in Dublin and there's lots of people visiting Dublin to see family from outside Dublin and there's lots of people living in Dublin (but not from Dublin) visiting family, grandparents and staying over (with kids) in the house they grew up in and then heading back to the capital. This has been going on since day one of the lockdown.

I feel a bit of a chump and I feel bad for both sets of grandparents (my wife's folks are rural) that haven't even seen or held their new grandchild in the flesh because we're following directives properly.

We didn't risk travelling for obvious contamination reasons, but also we don't have ID that links us to my wifes parents rural home and I've been stopped a good few times at checkpoints shopping. It's simoly not a runner for us.

Looking forward to holidaying in Waterford when the time is right. Miss the copper coast.

All our lives matter.

Knew this would happen

https://twitter.com/damienwlr/status/1269266486444666881

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I wonder how many of these people would be protesting if the shops and pubs were open and the airports were operating..

Pure boredom, a lot of it.

I wonder how many of these people would be protesting if the shops and pubs were open and the airports were operating..

I dont think it would matter if everywhere was opened or closed,its all about Instagram likes and gaining more followers.

Theres something seriously wrong when the guards took names and dispersed a few people who were protesting outside Debenhams a few weeks ago,and were turning people away from Tramore on June bank holiday weekend,but yet they stand by and watch a couple hundred people march up the quay and congregate on the Mall.

https://twitter.com/damienwlr/status/1269272851934334976

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Yep,Twats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

A pack of attention seeking idiots.

Advertisement