Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

johnnykilo wrote: »
    "This post has been removed or could not be loaded"

What was it?

Think its this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Yep that's the one that had something like 70 people in it. Rock the Petri dish

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

spookwoman wrote: »
    Yep that's the one that had something like 70 people in it. Rock the Petri dish

they should be made watch that rte documentary on covid, then have a chat with their parents and grandparents about the great session they had

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    they should be made watch that rte documentary on covid, then have a chat with their parents and grandparents about the great session they had

And evicted, i know you can't evict people at the moment but there should be a rule to allow it for situations like that

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

spookwoman wrote:
    And evicted, i know you can't evict people at the moment but there should be a rule to allow it for situations like that

I think it was rented for the weekend through air bnb

• Advertisement

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    I think it was rented for the weekend through air bnb

heard that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

some load of yellow reg cars driving around today. I'm sure they are all on their way to their accommodation to self isolate for 14 days ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    some load of yellow reg cars driving around today. I'm sure they are all on their way to their accommodation to self isolate for 14 days ...

I think they probably will as they normally come down for a couple of weeks to avoid the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Deisegodeo wrote: »

But do they have to self isolate? Wasnt there a ruling recently that said no one from the North or Britain had to such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Possibly the city and county missing out on revenue as its hard to see the Harvest Festival (September) and Winterval(Nov 13th-Dec 23rd) taking place this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Any one out and about tonight,any recommendations for a lite bite to eat and a few drinks 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well I got sent pictures of pints and pints only at 10.30/11 pm last night from a city centre pub so I would say just go wandering tonight and I'm sure you'll find a pub that will welcome you

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Well I got sent pictures of pints and pints only at 10.30/11 pm last night from a city centre pub so I would say just go wandering tonight and I'm sure you'll find a pub that will welcome you

have an idea of where that could be

Prob no chance of me getting that lucky wherever I go, at least it will be back to normal in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You don't need to book in advance if a pub or restaurant isn't full. You can walk up to any pub and ask do they have a free area. Of course for weekends you're probably better off making a booking but it isn't essential, they'll just take your contact details at the time.

2 more cases in waterford up to 160 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

5 cases today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

5 new cases,

Walked past the park lodge cafe yesterday and couldn’t believe seeing people practically sitting on top of each other in the inside window seats.

Down there today and groups having picnics, no social distancing

Went past the Reg last night and no one on the door monitoring who was going in

Crowd coming out of mass in the Folly church last night and they all gathered round having a chat

We know where this is going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

jimbojazz wrote: »
    5 new cases,

Walked past the park lodge cafe yesterday and couldn’t believe seeing people practically sitting on top of each other in the inside window seats.

Down there today and groups having picnics, no social distancing

Went past the Reg last night and no one on the door monitoring who was going in

Crowd coming out of naas in the Folly church last night and they all gathered round having a chat

We know where this is going
    Well we do now that we've heard your little anecdotes.

Adyx wrote: »
    Well we do now that we've heard your little anecdotes.

So what’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

jimbojazz wrote: »
    So what’s your point?

My point is you're making assumptions about businesses and insinuating that they will be the cause of a rise in cases, when really, you don't have a clue.

• Advertisement

Adyx wrote: »
    My point is you're making assumptions about businesses and insinuating that they will be the cause of a rise in cases, when really, you don't have a clue.

Hardly an assumption when I witnessed them with my own eyes?

If you listen to the experts instead of your own keyboard medical expertise, you’d also hear them voicing the same concerns

And just on your comment about not having a clue, my newborn granddaughter is out in UHW at the moment and the doctor in charge told my son that in the next 3 weeks we’re going to be hit with another wave that will put the first one into insignificance

I hope he’s wrong

bring on the second, third, forth............

f*ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Inglot in city square will be closing permanently

this is to be expected with stuff opening up again, Could see an even bigger rise sadly when phase 4 starts on the 20th July :(:(

Was in Aldi yesterday evening and recon I saw 2 people wearing masks and people not allowing for social distancing wandering down the middle of the isles. Was told by family member another store same no one wearing masks and this morning during the weekly shop at Tesco nothing for wiping down the trolleys/baskets and 1 couple wearing masks. Things are slipping

Ta hell with that, I'm not mixing with others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Sure in my local centra tradesmen just come in up on top of eachother at the deli. Some people seem to think the virus is over.

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is going to be a spike again here super spreader went through hospitalthe weekend and was exposed to a lot of people before the penny dropped, picked it up at a house party apparently

Looks like you might have been right

• Advertisement

Wait till the pubs open proper

Nobody knows what the story will be with them, 105 min thing will be gone apparently

Advertisement