Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It is speculation, where is the proof? They think this, they think that. No proof. There is guy called John on the Brendan O'Connor Show now making perfect sense. Even the immunologist from Trinity saying spikes are inevitable. It not my ignorance its blind stupidity by people believing everything they are told and not examining the evidence themselves.

All past pandemics have had 2nd waves, that's all we know so far, so I'd say, we probably will have a one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

There are reports of young people in italy becoming infertile off it

It causes multi organ failure/damage,due to peoples bodies burning up trying to kill the virus......its not exactly wild speculation to see these will become permenant

Links please, no offence but I doubt their reliability.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    All past pandemics have had 2nd waves, that's all we know so far, so I'd say, we probably will have a one

We didn't have a first wave in society only in Nursing Homes and with highly vulnerable people or those highly exposed to people with the virus, like Nurses.

Supermarket workers were meeting thousands of others every day for the duration of lockdown, no pockets of infection in any Supermarket.

We didn't have a first wave in society only in Nursing Homes and with highly vulnerable people or those highly exposed to people with the virus, like Nurses.

Supermarket workers were meeting thousands of others every day for the duration of lockdown, no pockets of infection in any Supermarket.

ah shur we might as well, have you any links to prove this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

This is the UK but can't see why they would be any different?

Deaths in shop workers up to 75% higher than rest of country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

GinSoaked wrote: »
    This is the UK but can't see why they would be any different?

Deaths in shop workers up to 75% higher than rest of country

One Article and another about low levels of Irish grocery workers infected with covid.

When I heard this I was very surprised, it feels like this isn't being highlighted due to it's potential to be weaponised for use in disinformation or conspiracies.

Tesco was on Irish TV recently (within the last 2 weeks) and said around 36 (I think) of it staff tested positive for covid. It does open a few questions that I believe should be researched more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Haven't seen much compliance with the face masks today in my local shop. Staff weren't even wearing them. People lacking basic courtesy

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Haven't seen much compliance with the face masks today in my local shop. Staff weren't even wearing them. People lacking basic courtesy

I was in town yesterday afternoon and the vast majority of ppl were wearing masks. I had to go into Mulligans in City Sq and they were asking people going into the shop to wear one or else they couldn't come in. Heard that Shaws are doing the same thing. Was also in BOI on The Quay and everyone (both staff & customers) were masked! (Imagine a scenario just a few months ago whereby seeing a bunch of people wearing masks entering a Bank was treated as being a responsible citizen :pac:)

The thing with masks is that you are always going to have a group of people who will do whatever the fook they want regardless of the situation. Those people are selfish in the extreme but strangely enough do not realise that they are being so. As long as they are okay then thats all that matters. Its all about how we were raised IMO. We can all remember fellas in school, then as they "mature" being at disco's/pubs or indeed in any social situation doing whatever they pleased. Self same folk are not always from the so called lower levels of society; a large proportion of the wealthy, the so called elite, suffer from such high levels of entitlement that it seems that they will be bound by no rules. These guys would happily jump on a plane to their holiday home in the sun at the drop of a hat or at a drop of rain!

We just have to take the good with the bad. Accept nobody is perfect. Just have a bit of personal responsibilty.

I was in town yesterday afternoon and the vast majority of ppl were wearing masks. I had to go into Mulligans in City Sq and they were asking people going into the shop to wear one or else they couldn't come in. Heard that Shaws are doing the same thing. Was also in BOI on The Quay and everyone (both staff & customers) were masked! (Imagine a scenario just a few months ago whereby seeing a bunch of people wearing masks entering a Bank was treated as being a responsible citizen :pac:)

The thing with masks is that you are always going to have a group of people who will do whatever the fook they want regardless of the situation. Those people are selfish in the extreme but strangely enough do not realise that they are being so. As long as they are okay then thats all that matters. Its all about how we were raised IMO. We can all remember fellas in school, then as they "mature" being at disco's/pubs or indeed in any social situation doing whatever they pleased. Self same folk are not always from the so called lower levels of society; a large proportion of the wealthy, the so called elite, suffer from such high levels of entitlement that it seems that they will be bound by no rules. These guys would happily jump on a plane to their holiday home in the sun at the drop of a hat or at a drop of rain!

We just have to take the good with the bad. Accept nobody is perfect. Just have a bit of personal responsibilty.

ah i think people will believe whatever they want to believe, im not sure wealth has much to do with it, there can be extremely ignorant and selfish people at all levels on the socioeconomic ladder

I'm going to look to see if there is any correlational between people with no kids or no disability parking in parent and child and disabled parking spaces :)

I doubt it will be long before my prejudices are reinforced :(

• Advertisement

I'm going to look to see if there is any correlational between people with no kids or no disability parking in parent and child and disabled parking spaces :)

I doubt it will be long before my prejudices are reinforced :(

i think you should bring one of those foam bats with you, just to keep order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I seen a friend on facebook share a post by a retail worker in Waterford who was confronted by a customer who claimed they were a solicitor and didn't want to sanitise their hands, wear gloves, mask, etc because it would infringe on their "civil libieries".

I seen a friend on facebook share a post by a retail worker in Waterford who was confronted by a customer who claimed they were a solicitor and didn't want to sanitise their hands, wear gloves, mask, etc because it would infringe on their "civil libieries".

Even though they can fabricate a good lie for a living I doubt a solicitor would risk spouting off such an argument against wearing a mask as they are all sticklers to abiding by the rules. More than likely it was some head da ball letting his madness flow freely. These strange times bring out the best and worst in people. You either comply and abide by the rules or decide not too and get bogged down in paranoia and decide not be part of the "sheeple". He would be the very sort to go out and buy the first 5g mobile phone after tearing down the covid masts;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

ah shur we might as well, have you any links to prove this?

I read an article recently that Lidl only had around 20 cases in their 6000 employees in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cumulative 14-day incidence, per 100,000:

Kildare: 11.1
    Dublin: 10.1
    Wicklow: 8.4
    Waterford: 5.1
    Carlow: 5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

When you said Facebook all credibility when out the window

We were out in Dunmore East over the weekend, place was hopping. Wouldn't have known there was any pandemic going on in the Country. No problem at all getting drinks without food, all outdoors mind you.

We were out in Dunmore East over the weekend, place was hopping. Wouldn't have known there was any pandemic going on in the Country. No problem at all getting drinks without food, all outdoors mind you.

wait till we experience the second wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

wait till we experience the second wave!

A second wave in winter will be no craic at all.

A second wave in winter will be no craic at all.

no it wont, im not convinced our health system can deal with it

• Advertisement

no it wont, im not convinced our health system can deal with it

I think the health service is up for it as it has had plenty of practice. I just don't think people will take a second lock down seriously enough.

I think the health service is up for it as it has had plenty of practice. I just don't think people will take a second lock down seriously enough.

a large proportion of victims are health care staff, majority of those are still out sick

a large proportion of victims are health care staff, majority of those are still out sick

Not what my Waterford health care neighbors are saying.

GinSoaked wrote:
    Not what my Waterford health care neighbors are saying.

Yea since waterford had small numbers, I'd like to hope we ll be okay here, but I'd say it's a different story in the Dublin region

Yea since waterford had small numbers, I'd like to hope we ll be okay here, but I'd say it's a different story in the Dublin region

Sorry wasn't even thinking about Dublin as its the Waterford City forum I was only thinking about University Hospital Waterford to give it its full title.

Sorry wasn't even thinking about Dublin as its the Waterford City forum I was only thinking about University Hospital Waterford to give it its full title.

my mistake really, im sure most post here regarding waterford only, sorry about that

Its the proverbial elephant in the room of life it seems. Trying to maintain some bit of normality but fearing what is on the horizon. Thankfully Waterford has escaped much of the infections/deaths on the island to date. A vaccine is a while away yet so the coming Winter season will probably be challenging. The schools & colleges returning is also a major event considering the numbers of people involved in the sector. Aside from Covid many children will struggle with the emotional/mental health fallout of the past few months not to say the upheaval in their education. These are strange times indeed.

Its the proverbial elephant in the room of life it seems. Trying to maintain some bit of normality but fearing what is on the horizon. Thankfully Waterford has escaped much of the infections/deaths on the island to date. A vaccine is a while away yet so the coming Winter season will probably be challenging. The schools & colleges returning is also a major event considering the numbers of people involved in the sector. Aside from Covid many children will struggle with the emotional/mental health fallout of the past few months not to say the upheaval in their education. These are strange times indeed.

my main concern for waterford would be our mental health services, this could be a very worrying winter for the sector

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

my main concern for waterford would be our mental health services, this could be a very worrying winter for the sector

Its nothing great atm either. Brooke House services moved to johns hill and is the still same old stuff. See a doctor once every few months (mostly different each time) and just prescribed medication

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its nothing great atm either. Brooke House services moved to johns hill and is the still same old stuff. See a doctor once every few months (mostly different each time) and just prescribed medication

yea theres a serious lack of alternatives such as therapies etc

Advertisement