Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I think someone got fed up, it's quietened down

a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    ****ing mess the whole thing and the lads in the dail are to blame

We ve never faced this situation before, our politicians are doing the best they can, they're doing a much better job than some countries

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thoughts go the staff in the restaurants etc, No way you're getting these lads out after 105 mins

****ing mess the whole thing and the lads in the dail are to blame

Not a cop in sight either out there

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Anyone want a good laugh, go to the lower village in Dunmore, you’ll see what I mean

It's madness out here and I can tell you from personal experience, a number of places out here are not following any sort of infection control procedures that limit the risk to staff and customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

It's madness out here and I can tell you from personal experience, a number of places out here are not following any sort of infection control procedures that limit the risk to staff and customers.

Couldn’t believe what I saw, one place a crowd of about 20 in the tiny smoking area, didn’t see anyone having food, more drinking outside, same in the other one by beach, lots drinking, not a blaa in sight. Saw the cops coming out of River Cottage on the way in.

I’m all for the reopening but this is making a mockery of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    We ve never faced this situation before, our politicians are doing the best they can, they're doing a much better job than some countries

Someone hacked wanderers account!

You’re bang on though, it must be an extremely difficult time time to be in a Government/HSE role of any significance.

There’s a huge amount at stake and on top of that you have lobbyists pulling and dragging from all sides. A real no win situation.

I’m not affiliated to any party and am neither too far left or right before certain posters get on their high horses!

Went to woodstown tonight see if any meteors and the car park opposite the Saratoga was nearly full. Party up the beach with fire and tents. The other end more fires and a sh*t load of campervans. God knows what condition the beach will be in when they move on

521960.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

spookwoman wrote: »
    Went to woodstown tonight see if any meteors and the car park opposite the Saratoga was nearly full. Party up the beach with fire and tents. The other end more fires and a sh*t load of campervans. God knows what condition the beach will be in when they move on

521960.jpg

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying that as a fact those people aren't socially distancing? As long as they're not going into each other's tents or getting up close and personal with people they didn't arrive with, what is the problem?

There's probably someone who saw you arriving out to look for meteors, that went home and cursed you for your selfishness.

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying that as a fact those people aren't socially distancing? As long as they're not going into each other's tents or getting up close and personal with people they didn't arrive with, what is the problem?

There's probably someone who saw you arriving out to look for meteors, that went home and cursed you for your selfishness.

the party up my end Id say had about 15 + people and def not social distancing

Gavlor wrote:
    Someone hacked wanderers account!

Think someone may have hacked my brain to be honest, but I will agree with you, this is an incredibly difficult time for the HSE and our politicians, it is fascinating to watch the lobbists niggle at the political process, we really should be doing some deep soul searching regarding our health care system and the way we organise ourselves politically and economically, because it doesn't seem like we have our priorities straight, I always feel for both politicians and of course our health care staff, politicans have potentially one of the ****test jobs going, virtually impossible to please all, both health care workers and politicans are earning their pay now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Couldn’t believe what I saw, one place a crowd of about 20 in the tiny smoking area, didn’t see anyone having food, more drinking outside, same in the other one by beach, lots drinking, not a blaa in sight. Saw the cops coming out of River Cottage on the way in.

I’m all for the reopening but this is making a mockery of it

I know exactly which 2 places you're talking about and I have seen the exact same thing going on there from when they first reopened. I saw the Gardaí at the place by the beach 2 nights in a row but they don't appear to have done anything, moreso just calling in for the sake of optics. I pass the place with the tiny smoking area and the place down by the beach on my way home from work around 5 and again when I'm going out for a 2 hour walk with my dogs around 8/9 and there's the same people sitting there drinking and smoking, not eating, for the whole evening.

I don't think local Gardaí can police their local establishments. I know they are supposed to and it's their job, however, I just don't think it's a guaranteed effective way of policing these places.

I don't think local Gardaí can police their local establishments. I know they are supposed to and it's their job, however, I just don't think it's a guaranteed effective way of policing these places.

Ah shur I know of a couple of pubs that never closed, and if I know, the whole bloody town knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Ah shur I know of a couple of pubs that never closed, and if I know, the whole bloody town knows

What pubs?,and do you know for a fact that they are open, have you been in them or is it just something someone said to you?,did you call the Gardai and let them know about these pubs?

Personally i haven't heard anything about any pubs been open that are not supposed to be,the Gardai are going around to all pubs/restaurants each evening checking that they are complying with the regulations,i seen it myself last night and last week,so i doubt any pub would risk their licence by opening up.

What pubs?,and do you know for a fact that they are open, have you been in them or is it just something someone said to you?,did you call the Gardai and let them know about these pubs?

Personally i haven't heard anything about any pubs been open that are not supposed to be,the Gardai are going around to all pubs/restaurants each evening checking that they are complying with the regulations,i seen it myself last night and last week,so i doubt any pub would risk their licence by opening up.

apparently some pics posted on the internets during shutdown, but i have seen traffic popping in and out of a pub throughout covid, it was confirmed to me yesterday that this has been indeed one of the pubs that never closed, again, if i knew, im sure the gardai also know, or suspect

What pub is it?,so you haven't been in there you're just going on hearsay and people going in and out who could be workers for all you know,just name the pub if you are that certain of it.

What pub is it?,so you haven't been in there you're just going on hearsay and people going in and out who could be workers for all you know,just name the pub if you are that certain of it.

fair enough

fair enough

I think you are so consumed and scared by covid that you are unable to think about anything else,think about it for a minute,if a pub never closed do you not think that other pub owners would of got wind of this?,Waterford is a small place,what you are saying is every guard is turning a blind eye to this which is why i don't believe you ,you dont even believe it yourself if you did you'd come back with more than fair enough.

I think you are so consumed and scared by covid that you are unable to think about anything else,think about it for a minute,if a pub never closed do you not think that other pub owners would of got wind of this?,Waterford is a small place,what you are saying is every guard is turning a blind eye to this which is why i don't believe you ,you dont even believe it yourself if you did you'd come back with more than fair enough.

fair enough, not what im saying about the gardai at all, but shur, fair enough, as always, i dont care

What pubs are they then seen as you dont care?

What pubs are they then seen as you dont care?

would it bother you if i said i also know a pub that never truly implemented the smoking ban, i dont feel the need to be naming and shaming, that rarely solves anything

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

would it bother you if i said i also know a pub that never truly implemented the smoking ban, i dont feel the need to be naming and shaming, that rarely solves anything
    Sure this is all bar stool talk, parden the pun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

im angry very angry :mad::mad:

Publicans once again been screwed and then we have the permitting numbers staying the same

PTH2009 wrote:
    Publicans once again been screwed and then we have the permitting numbers staying the same

There's nothing the government can do about this, but they have to look after all those affected, 200 a week isn't gonna cut it

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

PTH2009 wrote: »
    im angry very angry :mad::mad:

Not all publicans, only those that don't have a linence to serve food. and looking to the future I feel only those that serve food will survive unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

After this decision, I can easily see some pubs in Waterford simply never opening again, the 6 month shock to the business just wont be sustainable. Sad really. They clearly did it to prioritise schools over pubs as its the lesser of two evils in terms of virus transmission but that's of no comfort to the many pubs who were banking on opening next Monday. Plus house parties and packed hotels and beaches, which are a reality, does far more damage than a pub with spread-out patrons.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

After this decision, I can easily see some pubs in Waterford simply never opening again, the 6 month shock to the business just wont be sustainable. Sad really. They clearly did it to prioritise schools over pubs as its the lesser of two evils in terms of virus transmission but that's of no comfort to the many pubs who were banking on opening next Monday. Plus house parties and packed hotels and beaches, which are a reality, does far more damage than a pub with spread-out patrons.

as of yesterday going by social media Norris's and The Cleaboy (think there under the same management) are opening on the 10th regardless serving food, i imagine from the chinese places nearby

yeah sadly some good pubs are going to close for good

I wonder will we see Geoffs open up now apparently closed cause the owner wasn't bothered opening in the earlier phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

https://twitter.com/flanagan_adrian/status/1290732158383009793?s=20

A second player now reporting covid symptoms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Resignation in anger at a failure within the club, or resignation rather than being fired due to failure on her part.

In other news, Lidl was 100% masks the other day, except for the staff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Oh, is Geoffs not opening again? Very surprised at that, always seemed to do well with food and prime location. Im not familiar with the process of obtaining a restaurant license but im sure if Norris's could make soup and sambos they could be classified as a "pub serving food" but perhaps the stipulations of such a license include HACCP training evidence, chefs qualifications etc.

The Cleaboy were selling food until March this year so it wont be a problem for them.

Advertisement