Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Heard from a second source that it was a definite positive in sanofi.
    Tiger roll yes heard again on Teva that 1 person tested positive while factory was on shut down. Now another is after testing positive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

jopax wrote: »
    Heard from a second source that it was a definite positive in sanofi.
    Tiger roll yes heard again on Teva that 1 person tested positive while factory was on shut down. Now another is after testing positive too.

Be interesting to know where they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Couldn't agree with you more my stomach is in knots at the thoughts of the kids going back.

Amazing the politicians renting out the convention centre in Dublin sitting 3/4 seats apart as they deem the dail is to small for them!!
    Yet let's use the kids as guinea pigs and shove 30/40 into a room and see what happens over the next few weeks.

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Amazing the politicians renting out the convention centre in Dublin sitting 3/4 seats apart as they deem the dail is to small for them!!
    Yet let's use the kids as guinea pigs and shove 30/40 into a room and see what happens over the next few weeks.

It's scandalous & I was listening to a doctor talking about children & the virus & according to him it's just as easy for kids to spread the virus as adults & they can also carry the same virus load.
    I know there is so many conflicting views on this but as you said it's exactly like being a guinea pig. If your child brings it home & the whole family gets sick how are you meant to mind yourself nevermind your child.
    It is just a gamble nobody knows what way it will affect them if they get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Heard there was a confirmed case in sanofi, I'm not 100% sure if that's true

It is in TEVA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

spookwoman wrote: »
    Be interesting to know where they got it.

Foreign travel

er1983 wrote: »
    Foreign travel

F*ck sake will people ever learn

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

March2323 wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly made some profound comments on Newstalk this evening. Interviewed by Mark Cagney he emphasised the reason why all the students and school community would be safe from covid was that schools are controlled environments! Fascinated how anyone can think 30 students in a class are never going to interact, talk, eat..but of course they will have the miracle masks on for 6 hours per day! I'm all in favour of opening up schools but they should be opened safely..by that I mean letting second level students rotate perhaps and use a blended learning format. These new overcrowded controlled learning environments will be hell for some, isolation and over regulation.

In a similar vein I listened to a recent episode of Eamonn Dunphy's podcast The Stand "Re-Opening the Schools - A Gamble that could go Wrong" where he is taking to Tomas Ryan an Assoc Prof in Biochemistry & Immunology in Trinity,

https://thestandwitheamondunphy.com/episode/831/

I'd advise everyone (not only those with kids) to take a listen. Its plain speaking clear concise information from an expert. So take a break from the rumour mill, misinformation & and social media. Its absorbing & eye opening to say the least :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've just listened to the podcast with Eamon Dunphy & it's very enlightening & sobering at the same time.
    It doesn't bode well for what's ahead, I'm more nervous now than I was when this virus started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've just listened to the podcast with Eamon Dunphy & it's very enlightening & sobering at the same time.
    It doesn't bode well for what's ahead, I'm more nervous now than I was when this virus started.

the whole school thing has been bothering me all along, and i dont even have kids, i dont think this is gonna end well

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    the whole school thing has been bothering me all along, and i dont even have kids, i dont think this is gonna end well

I think alot of it has to do with getting people back to work and the other is parents are getting fed up looking after them

I think alot of it has to do with getting people back to work and the other is parents are getting fed up looking after them

i will agree, i think the whole approach is more economically based

i will agree, i think the whole approach is more economically based

Just crossed my mind alot of people worried about their kids in school and then we have the gaa lot complaining but how many parents just let their kids out during the day to play on the estate without even knowing who they are playing with etc.

Just crossed my mind alot of people worried about their kids in school and then we have the gaa lot complaining but how many parents just let their kids out during the day to play on the estate without even knowing who they are playing with etc.

its a fair comment, but i just have a bad feeling about the whole school thing, there are comments on the forum from parents that are immune compromised, thats definitely a concern for those households

its a fair comment, but i just have a bad feeling about the whole school thing, there are comments on the forum from parents that are immune compromised, thats definitely a concern for those households

At least those will know where their kids are and trying to minimize the risk of infection.

At least those will know where their kids are and trying to minimize the risk of infection.

unfortunately that cant be guaranteed when schools return

unfortunately that cant be guaranteed when schools return

I wouldn't be surprised to see those kids staying home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Children have now missed out on 3-4 months of proper lessons and important parts of their social and emotional development.

The Covid situation isn't going to change in the short term, so do you keep them out for maybe 1-2 years until the conditions improve/a vaccine is available?

This won't be education returning as normal, in the same way as most work and social environments haven't returned as normal. Certain children will need to stay at home some or all of the time - but this shouldn't stop the majority of children getting their education.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Children have now missed out on 3-4 months of proper lessons and important parts of their social and emotional development.

The Covid situation isn't going to change in the short term, so do you keep them out for maybe 1-2 years until the conditions improve/a vaccine is available?

This won't be education returning as normal, in the same way as most work and social environments haven't returned as normal. Certain children will need to stay at home some or all of the time - but this shouldn't stop the majority of children getting their education.

it is a very risky strategy though, for all concerned, we ve no real idea what ll happen, i just hope a whole pile of kids dont end up in a&e

• Advertisement

it is a very risky strategy though, for all concerned, we ve no real idea what ll happen, i just hope a whole pile of kids dont end up in a&e

Or their parents, who's going to look after the kids then. School will be the least of the concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

St Vincent's Hospital, one of the biggest in the country, as of yesterday I think didn't have any Covid patients. The numbers of patients in hospitals is down overall.

The reason is that 70% of those infected are under 40 and require less hospital treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the government have lost there minds and **** knows what situation we are in this time next month

hardybuck wrote: »
    St Vincent's Hospital, one of the biggest in the country, as of yesterday I think didn't have any Covid patients. The numbers of patients in hospitals is down overall.

The reason is that 70% of those infected are under 40 and require less hospital treatment.

Let's hope it stays this way

PTH2009 wrote:
    the government have lost there minds and **** knows what situation we are in this time next month

They haven't really, they're just struggling to reopen the country

another one today in waterford's .gov numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

They haven't really, they're just struggling to reopen the country

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40035389.html?type=amp

Or busy playing golf!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

south wrote: »

See our own prince gimp Cummins was one of the attendees. Lad would do anything to get the nose in the trough.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

See our own prince gimp Cummins was one of the attendees. Lad would do anything to get the nose in the trough.

All shows these guidelines are BS

At the end of the day its act as you normally would

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote:
    All shows these guidelines are BS

Or some people couldn't give a fcuk about them

Advertisement