Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Or some people couldn't give a fcuk about them

including those who are in the same group as organising them ?

Not having a go at you but why can they have a golf piss up and some people can't go to the pub for a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Damien Tiernan should be worth a listen this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

PTH2009 wrote: »
    including those who are in the same group as organising them ?

Not having a go at you but why can they have a golf piss up and some people can't go to the pub for a drink

It reminds me of that episode of Only Fools & Horses : The Jolly Boys Club Outing! Except the clowns yesterday are the one's steering the ship and making up the rules that we, the proles, the great unwashed must strictly adhere too. Disgusting. Arrogant. Reeking of entitlement.

You really could not make it up. This was the fella that was all annoyed @ not getting into the cabinet a few weeks ago. Only got the portfolio because his party chum was revealed to have been banned from driving for drink driving whilst on a provisonal licence!!

This comes hot on the heels of the Chairman of Bord Failte having to resign last weekend because he was on holidays in Italy. We have been told to take a "staycation" for months but this creep can't even stay on the island!

As Karl Marx said "History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

niallo76 wrote: »
    Damien Tiernan should be worth a listen this morning...

thats a pity!

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/08/21/waterford-senator-confirms-attendance-at-oireachtas-golf-event/

In a statement, Senator Cummins has apologised for his attendance at the event in light of the updated public health advice.

He says, “I have been so careful in adhering to the public health advise since February and this was a lapse in judgement for which I genuinely apologise unreservedly.”

Spin. He should never be allowed to put his name on a ballot paper ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/08/21/waterford-senator-confirms-attendance-at-oireachtas-golf-event/

In a statement, Senator Cummins has apologised for his attendance at the event in light of the updated public health advice.

He says, “I have been so careful in adhering to the public health advise since February and this was a lapse in judgement for which I genuinely apologise unreservedly.”

He's just not a good politician. He's very hard to warm to as a person. I've seen him debate in general election debates and was totally out of order and he seemed to have an axe to grind with Darren Skelton because he was asked difficult questions. The Seanad is useless anyway and should have been abolished in 2013. Waste of money and there was never going to be any "reform" . We need to get away from see type of politicians who think they have a divine right to rule.

Absolute appalling,and doesn't even have the balls to go on radio to apologise

Absolute appalling,and doesn't even have the balls to go on radio to apologise

He is apparently in meetings in Dublin till lunchtime :rolleyes:

He also refused to pre-record an interview with D. Tiernan earlier this morning! Or to speak over the phone!:mad:

Personally I would love to bump into him when he gets back to town.

He is apparently in meetings in Dublin till lunchtime :rolleyes:

He also refused to pre-record an interview with D. Tiernan earlier this morning! Or to speak over the phone!:mad:

Personally I would love to bump into him when he gets back to town.

He's some Worm...Green party Marc Casey no better in fluff talk now....fair play D.T

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Cummins is only a twat anyway, I'm actually surprised he didn't go on WLR this morning so good ol Damien can lick the arse off him

• Advertisement

He's done Worm...Green party Marc Casey no better in fluff talk now....fair play D.T

Marc Ó Cathasaigh.

He's done Worm...Green party Marc Casey no better in fluff talk now....fair play D.T

Ha ha ha... I see the Gardai have begun an investigation!:pac::pac::pac:
    No hiding for Cummins and his buds now:D:D:D
    String em up I say. Its time to "social distance-ly" take to the streets :pac::pac:

The heads are gonna roll all day. Name + shame each and everyone.

Marc Ó Cathasaigh.

apologies...Marc Ó Cathasaigh, or Marc O Casey...he proved on D.T. that hes no better than Cummins,the only difference is that he actually did an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

This government is a complete farse. Not a fan of Fine Gael but at least there was some level of competency with them leading government. With FF its just we’re in power screw everybody else.

BBM77 wrote: »
    This government is a complete farse. Not a fan of Fine Gael but at least there was some level of competency with them leading government. With FF its just we’re in power screw everybody else.

was there really? baring mind, our government is ffg and the green lads, our current situation is highly complex and dynamic, a situation whereby no current government globally has ever faced before, fcuk ups are inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Damian Tiernan reporting that Leo has removed party whip from that little worm John Cummins. DAY DAY !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

was there really? baring mind, our government is ffg and the green lads, our current situation is highly complex and dynamic, a situation whereby no current government globally has ever faced before, fcuk ups are inevitable

Never mind the pop economics, golf do's and drink driving cover ups have nothing to do with global events. Its just a joke of a government full stop.

BBM77 wrote: »
    Golf events and drink driving cover ups have nothing to do with global events. Its just a joke of a government full stop.

fairly normal fcuk ups really, all governments fcuk up in some way or another, they are human after all

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

fairly normal fcuk ups really, all governments fcuk up in some way or another, they are human after all

Right. So we should say nothing and just let them continually **** up? Only human after all

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

what does this mean?he still retains his seat on the party??

He's kicked out effiectively and in this case, before he gets the chance to resign.

BazBox wrote: »
    Right. So we should say nothing and just let them continually **** up? Only human after all

not at all, but we d all fcuk up in some way or another if we were in the job, its a ****e job

91wx763 wrote: »
    Damian Tiernan reporting that Leo has removed party whip from that little worm John Cummins. DAY DAY !!!

No way back from this little lord fauntleroy :pac::pac:
    No one will trust the man again. No chance on being elected ever gain.
    Have to be content with local council. Be nice if WCCC also distanced themselves
    from this little toe-rag. Cant wait what he has to say to Tiernan if and when he resurfaces.

Ironic how he was lecturing Cullinane about leading by example and now this happens...hypocrisy at its finest.

Ironic how he was lecturing Cullinane about leading by example and now this happens...hypocrisy at its finest.

Exactly:). At least Cullinane had the balls to front up to the media after his sing song. Running away and hiding was never gonna work esp. now during a pandemic when he clearly and most obviously disregarded the rules laid down by his party & Govt. The man cannot be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

Unfortunately a lot of these arrogant,obnoxious,ignorant,greedy pigs are the ones making decisions about my City,County and region.Everyone of them regardless of party should by be fcuked out of any positions they hold and forfeit any pensions etc because unless politicians start to lose money because of their "fcuk ups" they will keep doing the same things.
    I'm really starting to believe that"voting for the them only encourages them"

smalltalk wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of these arrogant,obnoxious,ignorant,greedy pigs are the ones making decisions about my City,County and region.Everyone of them regardless of party should by be fcuked out of any positions they hold and forfeit any pensions etc because unless politicians start to lose money because of their "fcuk ups" they will keep doing the same things.
    I'm really starting to believe that"voting for the them only encourages them"

Along comes a once in a lifetime event and we have to adapt and follow rules. We are in this together : so they said! Yet 80 jolly boys planned and went to a nice spot in Cliffden to mix'n'mingle. This just a day after the Govt announced new restrictions on indoor gatherings. Yet each and every one of those 80 disregarded those rules and drove to Galway. And one of them [Phil Hogan MEP] flew in from Belgium - a country not even on the Green list.

You had a cabinet minister, an EU commissioner, a supreme court judge and the Seanad cathaoirleach but to name a few of the high and mighty.

The system is corrupt. All of those 80 guys should be named & shamed, lose their jobs, never be allowed stand for public office ever again and made an example. Its hard to envision how any of them will survive the mauling they will receive over the next few days. These are not normal times and the general public have had it with their actions gauging the reactions on radio/tv/media this morning. This is not going away. They need to be held accountable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Why are you defending them?,you've been lambasting people on here the last few months who did not comply with the regulations ,but when politicians do it ah sure they are human after all :rolleyes:

Advertisement