Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Why are you defending them?,you've been lambasting people on here the last few months who did not comply with the regulations ,but when politicians do it ah sure they are human after all :rolleyes:

theyre obviously superior beings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fairly normal fcuk ups really, all governments fcuk up in some way or another, they are human after all

This is nonsense in fairness. What is bugging people is it is an example of one rule for them and another for everybody else. Be it rule breaking social gatherings in a pandemic, cutting cardiac care in the south east while ministers from regions with smaller populations are increasing what is already there or refusing to upgrade WIT while ministers from regions with universities are creating technological universities and on and on… One rule for them others for the rest. With your history of posts about people suffering from the activities of elites its pretty poor you are not calling the government out for what has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They're not, they are scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Is it too much to ask for 81+ influential politicians, judges, and former journalists to not go to a Golf dinner during a pandemic. The only bad thing here is that more haven't resigned or been sacked." It's utterly inexcusable. One rule for the elite and another for the plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

As Father Ted would have said "The Oireachtas Golfing Society".. a great bunch of lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Politicians would actually sell their souls for a bit of free grub and some travelling expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

He's just not a good politician. He's very hard to warm to as a person. I've seen him debate in general election debates and was totally out of order and he seemed to have an axe to grind with Darren Skelton because he was asked difficult questions. The Seanad is useless anyway and should have been abolished in 2013. Waste of money and there was never going to be any "reform" . We need to get away from see type of politicians who think they have a divine right to rule.

He lost himself votes in that GE debate, unbelievably bad showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Deiseen wrote: »
    He lost himself votes in that GE debate, unbelievably bad showing.

That and being a slithery little b*llox doesn't help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Golf, it's such an old boys network.

• Advertisement

+ 3 for waterford on gov.ie up to 175

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

spookwoman wrote: »
    + 3 for waterford on gov.ie up to 175

Thanks for the update.

Im confused cos there are none reported for waterford in the 79 cases today. Are they from yesterday? They used to be more prompt updating the figure. I cant figure it out.

It has definitely been trickier keeping track of cases lately.

yogibear77 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update.

Im confused cos there are none reported for waterford in the 79 cases today. Are they from yesterday? They used to be more prompt updating the figure. I cant figure it out.

They changed the way they report numbers on the presser releases. They include today's numbers and that's when you get the likes of 15 cases spread between the other counties, so no actual number per county given.
    the gov.ie report is from 2 days and give the full reported number.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Just catching up on some news and there's a school over in Georgia, America. A pic went viral of a hallway full of students, taken recently, some students wearing masks and some not. The pic was posted online and blew up. The school basically came out and said, anyone who pulls their child out of school could face penalties (online learning was offered but only to a very limited number of students), anyone posting online about the school could face penalties and students could face suspension/expulsion and anyone taking pics or videos in the school could face suspension/expulsion. 2 students have been suspended for posting photos online.
    Shortly after reopening, multiple schools over there have already reported multiple positive cases across all age groups.
    That country rarely makes sense to me but this just takes the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Just catching up on some news and there's a school over in Georgia, America. A pic went viral of a hallway full of students, taken recently, some students wearing masks and some not. The pic was posted online and blew up. The school basically came out and said, anyone who pulls their child out of school could face penalties (online learning was offered but only to a very limited number of students), anyone posting online about the school could face penalties and students could face suspension/expulsion and anyone taking pics or videos in the school could face suspension/expulsion. 2 students have been suspended for posting photos online.
    Shortly after reopening, multiple schools over there have already reported multiple positive cases across all age groups.
    That country rarely makes sense to me but this just takes the cake.

Yeah its not too different over here by the sounds of it. There seems to be a real "lets just hope everything works out" attitude from the politicians who really rely on NEPHET 100% for their decisions. I know its a tough situation and you cant please everyone with the schools, but given the amount of schools in Ireland that are quite small and cant space out the schools as required, I fear a shocking winter ahead with clusters all over the schools and extended community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

The schools thing is amazing to me. The closer it gets the more I think "Jesus, are we really going ahead with this?". Pure Ah sure it will be grand attitude to it. The barristers must be rubbing their hands together knowingly at the thought of the future tribunals and enquiries that will come from this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Schools have to open, for a multitude of reasons. Having been really concerned about covid and having followed the rules to a t I’m starting to come around to the opinion that it has been blown all out of proportion.

Perhaps the virus has lost its potency or perhaps vulnerable people have become more vigilant but either way both the current death and hospital ratio is now worse than flu season.

The knock on effect of continuing to curtail economic activity in an attempt to curtail the virus will probably have a far more significant impact on the vast majority of families than the effect of covid itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Junior

Gavlor wrote: »
    Schools have to open, for a multitude of reasons. Having been really concerned about covid and having followed the rules to a t I’m starting to come around to the opinion that it has been blown all out of proportion.

Perhaps the virus has lost its potency or perhaps vulnerable people have become more vigilant but either way both the current death and hospital ratio is now worse than flu season.

The knock on effect of continuing to curtail economic activity in an attempt to curtail the virus will probably have a far more significant impact on the vast majority of families than the effect of covid itself.

What multitude of reasons ?

Junior wrote: »
    What multitude of reasons ?

Economic I would bet. We have moved out of public health consideration and this is the first step towards being told to roll up your sleeves and get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Just read on wlr that there has been a 2nd confirmed case in sanofi

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Economic I would bet. We have moved out of public health consideration and this is the first step towards being told to roll up your sleeves and get on with it.

...along with spending our savings and taking on more private debt, for the team!

six in waterford today these will show up in tomorrow or mondays .gov.ie report for counties
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1297210788969685000?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Picky owner

jopax wrote: »
    Just read on wlr that there has been a 2nd confirmed case in sanofi

A wake up call for people in Waterford,all I was hearing lately was ah we're grand here no cases,well we are up there today with 6 new cases...

Smartply as well. That's Sanofi, Teva , B&L, Cartamundi, Rigney & Dolphin & Smartply.

Now I've seen inside most of these places and the majority are modern factories, way more social distancing going on even on a normal day than in schools with top notch ventilation.

And yet it's spreading there. Can you see where this is going....

Smartply as well. That's Sanofi, Teva , B&L, Cartamundi, Rigney & Dolphin & Smartply.

Now I've seen inside most of these places and the majority are modern factories, way more social distancing going on even on a normal day than in schools with top notch ventilation.

Aug bank holiday weekend wonder if any to do with the week end long party on the estate.
    Factory holiday was week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

All of the above mentioned factories / plants will shut for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    All of the above mentioned factories / plants will shut for 2 weeks

But the shutdown is over since last week. you mean a further two weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Where is it going?

• Advertisement

Where is it going?

Off a cliff. Soon to be 1,000s of children/ young adults shoulder to shoulder for 7 hours a day. Mass gatherings/choke points at dropoff and collection times. The inevitable rush by employers back to office settings now the kids are occupied during the day. The big theoretical roadblock to reopening pubs now passed so they'll want in on the action...

Advertisement