Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Big Phil exit stage left........

Makes me think of a quote from an interview I heard once. It was something along the lines of “I don’t get any satisfaction from other people’s downfall and I’m not going to make an exception for that ballocks”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

John Cummins spokesperson says he will make himself available for interview at an unspecified date! So sometimes never then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

John Cummins spokesperson says he will make himself available for interview at an unspecified date! So sometimes never then.

Wow he must be busier than Trump. The damage is well done by now. There is absolutely nothing he could say that will excuse what he did or make him in any way an asset to this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It would be nowhere near as bad for him as it is now if he did an interview on Friday. Instead he went into hiding. Talk about digging a huge hole for yourself. I don't see how anyone could vote for him after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lertsnim wrote: »
    It would be nowhere near as bad for him as it is now if he did an interview on Friday. Instead he went into hiding. Talk about digging a huge hole for yourself. I don't see how anyone could vote for him after this.

Prob working with his legal team ain't what to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not all the work at Kildalton college presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,444 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Wit should work out well for those in broadband black spots!

wet pubs not allowed open yet

Hopefully we start to see some of them say **** it and open up serving pizza/chipper etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wet pubs not allowed open yet

Hopefully we start to see some of them say **** it and open up serving pizza/chipper etc

Yeah, Fcuk CoVid. Together we can achieve herd mentality, I mean immunity.

Im only speaking from experience here but I have been in 8 pubs over the last few weeks in Waterford, some that always served food and some only serving food in order to open, and I havent once been told to leave after 105 minutes. Granted, they arent all in the middle of town so not mad busy but its as if they are just clinging to any extra cash they get from the few extra drinks.

I cant blame them I suppose, id be the same, but it was funny- I decided to stay on for an extra coffee when our meal was over last week and so I was just at a table alone, I definitely expected them to say something along the lines of "We have to stick to the time limit.." but nope, they were sad to see me go! As I said, just my personal experience. :D

3 grand for a year of watching a lecture on a laptop/computer, the whole social side of third level is gone

Disgraceful

PTH2009 wrote: »
    3 grand for a year of watching a lecture on a laptop/computer, the whole social side of third level is gone

Disgraceful

well we could try another social experiment, such as the earlier stages of our educational system is trying, and see what happens....

those in broadband black spots will have problems though!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Im only speaking from experience here but I have been in 8 pubs over the last few weeks in Waterford, some that always served food and some only serving food in order to open, and I havent once been told to leave after 105 minutes. Granted, they arent all in the middle of town so not mad busy but its as if they are just clinging to any extra cash they get from the few extra drinks.

I cant blame them I suppose, id be the same, but it was funny- I decided to stay on for an extra coffee when our meal was over last week and so I was just at a table alone, I definitely expected them to say something along the lines of "We have to stick to the time limit.." but nope, they were sad to see me go! As I said, just my personal experience. :D

That has been my experience too.

I've seen the Gardaí at one hotel 3 times over the past 2 months due to over crowding. Are these places actually being penalised? When does a repeat offender get a more severe penalty?

I've seen the Gardaí at one hotel 3 times over the past 2 months due to over crowding. Are these places actually being penalised? When does a repeat offender get a more severe penalty?

sounds like theyre trying to give the gardai more powers here, unsure how i feel about it, but in some sense, it makes sense

The day a pub is actually closed down for breaching guidelines and have their license removed is the same day im going to hell for a nice cold holiday...

There is no incentive at all to follow the rules since pub closures are rarer than hen's teeth.

More cases in waterford mentioned in press briefing but not how many. Will show tomorrow on gov.ie

spookwoman wrote: »
    More cases in waterford mentioned in press briefing but not how many. Will show tomorrow on gov.ie

i guess we could call this our 'second wave' now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Wit should work out well for those in broadband black spots!

Its unreal, barely a mention of the national broadband plan being barely off the ground.

• Advertisement

Speak Now wrote: »
    Its unreal, barely a mention of the national broadband plan being barely off the ground.

oh just wait a little while, we ll be hearing about it soon, when those in the black spots simply are unable to do what is being asked of them, and they ll be right to shout and scream about it, once again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

spookwoman wrote: »

One case in Waterford - mentioned on the 9pm news.

+ 2 Cases from yesterday total 189

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is there any breakdown between city and county.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is there any breakdown between city and county.

Broken down into wards but if the number is very low it will give a general number rather than the extact. Plus the hub has not updated their map since 12/08/2020

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Any more word from John Cummins? Is he going to remain in hiding?

Any more word from John Cummins? Is he going to remain in hiding?

To be fair to the chap, maybe he's self isolating, due to the covid, I ll give him the benefit, I'd say that's the reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

If entire departments of multinational companies can work from home since March I'm sure the boyo can arrange something for 20-30 minutes to answer some questions while "isolating".

Hijpo wrote:
    If entire departments of multinational companies can work from home since March I'm sure the boyo can arrange something for 20-30 minutes to answer some questions while "isolating".

But theyre just like mourinho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Has John Cummins given an interview yet?

Advertisement