Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

5 new cases.

and 4 yesterday

209 now, week total of 20. More tomorrow.
    Anyone hearing anything as to were these cases are or they still in the factories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

spookwoman wrote: »
    Anyone hearing anything as to were these cases are or they still in the factories.

Knock on effect from last week's numbers I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

No new deaths nationwide, very much worth noting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Watch from Tuesday or Wednesday this week on. We should start seeing some effect of school reopening soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Don’t know how true, but heard some were related to 6th year students who came back from a holiday

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/1302882703667273729?s=20

Last tweet says
    That’s a hell of a lot of children out of school and parents out of the workforce - and that’s just ONE doctor’s surgery. I get it...I do...but Jesus this is just not sustainable.

Has a valid point its not going to work and if this is covid there is a problem with it out there in the community

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/1302882703667273729?s=20

Last tweet says
    That’s a hell of a lot of children out of school and parents out of the workforce - and that’s just ONE doctor’s surgery. I get it...I do...but Jesus this is just not sustainable.

Has a valid point its not going to work and if this is covid there is a problem with it out there in the community

There's almost 560,000 students attending about 3,100 primary schools Ireland.

We have another 363,000 students attending over 700 secondary schools.

We also have about 70,000 teachers in primary and secondary, and that's before we factor in the third level.

Expect regular outbreaks on a weekly basis, both in schools and in other workplaces. Parents will have to figure out the difference between a cold and COVID symptoms, there will be disruption, and life will go on (for most of us).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,444 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

spookwoman wrote:
    Last tweet says That’s a hell of a lot of children out of school and parents out of the workforce - and that’s just ONE doctor’s surgery. I get it...I do...but Jesus this is just not sustainable.

I flagged a similar issue to a service I use, I failed on the first covid check on their list, we all looked at each other scratching our heads, I was suppose to go straight to the doc, and the facility was suppose to be shut for deep clean, we carried on, I more than likely don't have covid...

2 cases yesterday 213 now

• Advertisement

12 cases in waterford today!

spookwoman wrote:
    12 cases in waterford today!

Doesn't give you an area breakdown, does it?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Doesn't give you an area breakdown, does it?

Hub map still not updated since the 12 of the 8th

We were doing fair well for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We were doing fair well for so long

Look were a city and sadly these things happen

Its all down to personal responsibility at the end of the day. As someone who suffers with mental issues its best to just live your life as before and do the necessary regards masks etc

PTH2009 wrote:
    Its all down to personal responsibility at the end of the day. As someone who suffers with mental issues its best to just live your life as before and do the necessary regards masks etc

There's an element of personal responsibility alright, but this is one nasty little fcuker, reopening things was always gonna cause problems, but the virus does seem to be losing its viciousness, or maybe it's due to the age profile of infections, who knows, be safe folks

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    There's an element of personal responsibility alright, but this is one nasty little fcuker, reopening things was always gonna cause problems, but the virus does seem to be losing its viciousness, or maybe it's due to the age profile of infections, who knows, be safe folks

Unfortunately personal responsibility is lacking a lot in today's society. I have a bad feeling we will see more hospitalisations and possible deaths soon with the infections in older people increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Unfortunately personal responsibility is lacking a lot in today's society. I have a bad feeling we will see more hospitalisations and possible deaths soon with the infections in older people increasing.

The massive surges in counties like Spain and France where they appear to have taken reasonable precautions dont bode well. Also the inability to pinpoint what is causing these new infections and to label them "community transmitted" is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Of course we will see more hospitalisations and deaths.

The economy is opening back up as we try to strike a balance and learn to live with this thing until a vaccine arrives. We can't lock everything down for a protracted period as it'll cripple us financially.

The hospitals got emptied out over the summer and we all got a bit of respite, but it'll be a rough winter.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Of course we will see more hospitalisations and deaths.

The economy is opening back up as we try to strike a balance and learn to live with this thing until a vaccine arrives. We can't lock everything down for a protracted period as it'll cripple us financially.

The hospitals got emptied out over the summer and we all got a bit of respite, but it'll be a rough winter.

wouldnt worry too much about the deficit, any financial sector issues, will more then likely occur due to private debt

• Advertisement

2 more yesterday and more today

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

The curve was flattered months ago. Most likely under 30's that make up the bulk of the new cases. We have all made a concerted effort to date and continue to adhere to the guidelines. Time to get on with our lives. Live with the virus. We can't lock ourselves away ad infinitum. Forgive the expression but if we continue down this path we will crack up. Sadly the most vulnerable amongst us have died. We are in phase two. The virus continues to circulate but the general population has adopted hygiene and mask wearing as the norm. Enough of the doomsday headlines and media coverage please.

The curve was flattered months ago. Most likely under 30's that make up the bulk of the new cases. We have all made a concerted effort to date and continue to adhere to the guidelines. Time to get on with our lives. Live with the virus. We can't lock ourselves away ad infinitum. Forgive the expression but if we continue down this path we will crack up. Sadly the most vulnerable amongst us have died. We are in phase two. The virus continues to circulate but the general population has adopted hygiene and mask wearing as the norm. Enough of the doomsday headlines and media coverage please.

You might want to start reading the daily reports on Gov.ie because the numbers of 65+ getting infected is going up every day. The most vulnerable have not been all been wiped out and you might not to believe it but even the "young and healthy" are no immune to the worst of its effects.
    3 more people went onto ventilators since yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

And of course the "invincible young" never come into contact with or transmit the virus to the old or vulnerable. The (very recent) data from Spain further underlines this flawless logic.

4 yesterday and 22 today in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Anyone any idea where they're coming from? Workplace, school, households? These numbers are worse than they were during April!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Highest outside Dublin

Anyone any idea where they're coming from? Workplace, school, households? These numbers are worse than they were during April!

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/1305184223234592770?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the beef barons have so much power in the country and no way they will close the plants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

22 cases ... what a jump in numbers for us. this is bad news

Advertisement