Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

Benimar wrote: »
    12 more cases in Waterford (357 :eek: in county)

Up to 70% of the population are going to get Covid 19 eventually, what did people expect to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Up to 70% of the population are going to get Covid 19 eventually, what did people expect to happen?

If the level of whinging decreases the chances of contracting Covid 19 some people in this thread are bullet proof.

Look after your own, stop the curtain twitching and rushing in here to spread gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Micheal Martin didnt like being told his plan was confusing and contradictory. I always suspected with him the true colours were never far from the surface. Didnt take long to get him rattled and impatient on the news earlier. Zero charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Micheal Martin didnt like being told his plan was confusing and contradictory. I always suspected with him the true colours were never far from the surface. Didnt take long to get him rattled and impatient on the news earlier. Zero charisma.

that was so embarrassing and comical to watch on the news earlier

like something from a skit show, jesus were a disaster as a nation atm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

robtri wrote: »
    Thats a hard call
    As we have only 13 in ICU at the min across the whole country, even with all these cases

We've gone from 11 hospitalizations (4 icu) (2 ventilated) on the 1/8/2020
    40 hospitalisations (6 icu) and (5 ventilated) 1/9/2020
    65 hospitalisations (13 icu) and (5 ventilated) 15/9/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

Why is the big increase in Waterford cases being kept so quiet? with the numbers so high there must have been clusters somewhere but no mention yet of where these were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

AUDI20 wrote: »
    Why is the big increase in Waterford cases being kept so quiet? with the numbers so high there must have been clusters somewhere but no mention yet of where these were.

Meat plants from what I've heard. A fair few asymptomatic cases in the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

AUDI20 wrote: »

Who wants the curtain twitchers or scaremongers on the march? Let's get on with our lives please. Live with it, not in fear of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

Who wants the curtain twitchers or scaremongers on the march? Let's get on with our lives please. Live with it, not in fear of it.

I don't know what your on about, who's scaremongering or spreading fear. I asked a simple question, when it happened in other areas it was big news straight away. but so quiet when it exploded in Waterford. don't see how that has anything to do would getting on with our lives.

Why do people have to resort to name calling people who state the obvious on the fact the the numbers are creeping up.
    More than likely the virus numbers increasing are down to those who keep going on about getting on with life and living with it.

• Advertisement

9 today and 11 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Anyone know where these numbers are coming from. Surely if it’s meat factories they have a responsibility to take ownership of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They government really need to stop releasing these daily numbers we've been getting them non-stop since March and some people have become obsessed with them they should just release a weekly percentage ,thankfully everything is returning to normal now and the majority of us are just getting on with things and living with covid, how long are people willing to live in fear?,forever judging by some on here.

They government really need to stop releasing these daily numbers we've been getting them non-stop since March and some people have become obsessed with them they should just release a weekly percentage ,thankfully everything is returning to normal now and the majority of us are just getting on with things and living with covid, how long are people willing to live in fear?,forever judging by some on here.

Says the person who keeps coming into the Waterford covid thread. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

spookwoman wrote: »
    Says the person who keeps coming into the Waterford covid thread. :rolleyes:

It's a public forum i can go wherever i want :rolleyes:

You're obsession with covid is not healthy,i actually feel sorry for you and i hope a vaccine is found soon so you can go back to your life.

It's a public forum i can go wherever i want :rolleyes:

You're obsession with covid is not healthy,i actually feel sorry for you and i hope a vaccine is found soon so you can go back to your life.

It is a public forum but you are complaining about the numbers being reported yet come into a forum that will report those numbers. I would say you have the obsession if you cannot stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm amazed that a place the size of Waterford has managed to keep this a secret.

Only one meat plant is actually in Waterford, at Carroll's cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm amazed that a place the size of Waterford has managed to keep this a secret.

Only one meat plant is actually in Waterford, at Carroll's cross.

The Grannagh plant has a Waterford postal address.

• Advertisement

Half of south Kilkenny is via Waterford, but they can claim these cases if it's a plant in Christendom or Granny!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

A case is reported in the county the person is living in not where they're working.

I know, just highlighting the border mentality ;-)

Benimar wrote: »
    The Grannagh plant has a Waterford postal address.

This is the one I heard about.

kuang1 wrote: »
    This is the one I heard about.

Heard it was the Carrolls cross plant, DS also saying Carrolls cross

spookwoman wrote: »
    Heard it was the Carrolls cross plant, DS also saying Carrolls cross

Where is he saying that?

Let's hope its not both!

kuang1 wrote: »
    Where is he saying that?

Let's hope its not both!

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/1306319704047452160?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Dawn Meats, yeah? I think it was fairly obvious we were dealing with a workplace cluster, with those kind of numbers the last few days. Hopefully it will just be a little blip and not a long cycle of high numbers for us.

To people complaining about the information posted in this thread, maybe take a break from the thread for a few days, it's clearly too much for you. There's no shame in needing a break from all the information, it's bound to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

David cullinane saying it's 28 cases linked to the same work place . 7 in last 24 hours

• Advertisement

Advertisement