Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

First sign of public dissent emerges. Leo gets a wash! To be fair he's definitely not the worst
    of the current crop and did a better job of leading the initial response to Covid than the FF lot.
    Surprised none of the film crew stopped her. She could have done a lot of damage if she was
    wielding a weapon.

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-drink-thrown-5208603-Sep2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

8 today and 14 yesterday -1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

spookwoman wrote: »
    8 today and 14 yesterday -1

Continues to creep up hope our brazillian community keep the virus among themselves in the coming weeks...

Hub has been updated but they have changed the layout for the map. No longer done by ward

526785.jpg

526786.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭blade1

First sign of public dissent emerges. Leo gets a wash! To be fair he's definitely not the worst
    of the current crop and did a better job of leading the initial response to Covid than the FF lot.
    Surprised none of the film crew stopped her. She could have done a lot of damage if she was
    wielding a weapon.

Leo shut down the whole country.
    If Michael Martin shutdown the whole place would that be a better job?

We'd be in the same mess no matter who is in charge imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Hub has been updated but they have changed the layout for the map. No longer done by ward

526785.jpg

526786.jpg

Looking at the data there, especially the rate per 100k pop. While we won't be heading into lockdown, I think we should behave at the moment as if we are in a very high risk situation as that is exactly what the data suggests.

Because while we largely escaped the worst of the first wave here in Waterford, at those numbers and still having a steady rate of increase. We are maybe 3 / 4 weeks away from a problem that is absolutely out of control at that point.

I realise as I type this the likes of Tramore and many local restaurants and shops will be full to bursting point and the pubs opening next week adds to the mess but I will be partaking in none of the above.

This is the most dangerous period we have ever seen with the virus here: lockdown fatigue, complacency caused by the summer lull, the desire to get one's life back, the awful leadership in place at the minute, sense of impending doom re the economy. I understand why things are the way they are and people are so eager to get back to normal.

But normal is not where we're headed. Take heed and take care. By the time this government makes any decisions it will be far far too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

wielding a weapon.

To be fair, hes not anywhere near the best either. There is a collective amnesia about Leo at the moment with calls of Bring Leo Back, never mind that he was absolutely woeful in power the previous 5 years and stood over an appalling housing record, a shambles of a health service and basically more of the "rich get richer, poor get poorer" manifesto that FG are known for.

Because he threw in a few memorable quips in his speeches (not from his mind, by the way. His advisors write all his speeches) and appealed to the younger generation, all of a sudden hes a hero. Same with Harris- faffed about with the whole 24/7 Cardiac Care just like all his predecessors and again hes on a pedestal. Bizarre. Being a smidgen more likable that Michael Martin doesn't erase their embarrassing previous political record.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

To be fair, hes not anywhere near the best either. There is a collective amnesia about Leo at the moment with calls of Bring Leo Back, never mind that he was absolutely woeful in power the previous 5 years and stood over an appalling housing record, a shambles of a health service and basically more of the "rich get richer, poor get poorer" manifesto that FG are known for.

Because he threw in a few memorable quips in his speeches (not from his mind, by the way. His advisors write all his speeches) and appealed to the younger generation, all of a sudden hes a hero. Same with Harris- faffed about with the whole 24/7 Cardiac Care just like all his predecessors and again hes on a pedestal. Bizarre. Being a smidgen more likable that Michael Martin doesn't erase their embarrassing previous political record.

he didnt deserve that treatment though, no irish politician does, its a really sh1t job.

that sad truth is, the younger folks that do support fg, dont actually realise how dangerous fg are for their futures

another 6 today and still at 8 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    he didnt deserve that treatment though, no irish politician does, its a really sh1t job.

that sad truth is, the younger folks that do support fg, dont actually realise how dangerous fg are for their futures

Remind me again who was in power during the big crash in 2008, and all the Banks and Bond Holders were bailed out?

• Advertisement

AUDI20 wrote: »
    Remind me again who was in power during the big crash in 2008, and all the Banks and Bond Holders were bailed out?

oh we all know, but fg nailed us to the cross, and keep doing so, we desperately need to get away from conservative economics, its extremely dangerous, particularly right now

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

All politicians are pricks:D

All politicians are pricks

I disagree there, tbh, it's just a sh1t job, and we all need someone to point the finger at, when things fcuk up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Not sure how true this is, but at the start of the week was told that a bus hire company was bringing workers to a meat factory for the early shift then doing the school run afterwards without any deep clean in between. this was before the news about Dawn Meats came out later in the week.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not sure how true this is, but at the start of the week was told that a bus hire company was bringing workers to a meat factory for the early shift then doing the school run afterwards without any deep clean in between. this was before the news about Dawn Meats came out later in the week.

That said bus was photographed at 5:50am last Monday morning and was all over social media within an hour or so. The stories about Dawn actually surfaced last Thursday week but the company weren’t named officially till Tuesday morning this week. The company in question have been bringing workers to the meat factory for months and yes they also do school runs. They would have a number of buses on school runs throughout the city and county. The bus company in question often park their buses around the city as they have no proper facilities to store their vehicles when not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

And I once knew a fellow called Kavanagh. But can't for the life of me think why I'd want to mention that here...

Must be sleep deprevation.

kuang1 wrote: »
    And I once knew a fellow called Kavanagh. But can't for the life of me think why I'd want to mention that here...

Must be sleep deprevation.

I'm not so suir.

I'm not so suir.

Neither of those names are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

So not the local mountains

Aquos76 wrote: »

So not "I'm" and not "so".
    Always helpful to know what something is not. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

aziz wrote: »
    So not the local mountains

Not that one either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Thought it was Careys buses no? Town is an awful one for rumours alright. Chalky White will be getting a mention soon

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Reason I mention suir was one of their buses used to be left on the side the of road on the estate during the day.

Aquos76 wrote:

I suspect I know the company, and possibly the driver to, he has done that route for a while now, lovely chap if it is him, lethal job now, for all drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Aquos76 wrote: »

T & T?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Local stage school hosts an AIMS party last night with lots of people from various households and broadcasts videos all over the internet. There aren’t exemptions to the guidelines just because your nominated for an award. And he’ll be back begging for sympathy on Twitter soon enough because he can’t put on a show or open his stage school. Lots of people in the same boat as you but they’re actually sticking to the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Huh?

I really wish people would just name who they are referring to.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It not T&T (Carey’s) either, with regards to Suirway, they are currently still off the the road, they can’t operate their business with current 50% capacity in place. They had 2 buses, one covering Dunmore route and another covering Portlaw route, on these routes and they had an agreement with Bus Eireann to carry kids that availed of the school transport system, because Suirway haven’t recommenced their services as of yet, T&T and Comeragh Coaches have both temporarily put 2 coaches each 4 in total on these runs but only to accommodate school transport, and making sure to adhere to social distancing measures which are in place for private operators.

The guidelines issued have recommended that all private bus operators should only operate at 50% capacity.

Many people have rightly been questioning why school transport buses aren’t adhering to this 50% capacity restrictions, to date BE have issued guidelines stating that primary school buses won’t had to operate at 50% but it is hoped that by midterm BE will have measures in place for Secondary schools runs to operate at 50%. This will be easier said than done though. There are a number of operators currently running routes at full capacity and it’s up to BE to find the finances to add additional operators, vehicles and drivers to take up the excess numbers

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1160338/

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Local stage school hosts an AIMS party last night with lots of people from various households and broadcasts videos all over the internet. There aren’t exemptions to the guidelines just because your nominated for an award. And he’ll be back begging for sympathy on Twitter soon enough because he can’t put on a show or open his stage school. Lots of people in the same boat as you but they’re actually sticking to the rules

Insta and Snapchat stories deleted all over the place over night it seems, so doubt they’ll be to much of a backlash for him.

• Advertisement

DLS_75 wrote: »

What's AIMS?

Advertisement