Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Look it up ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Look it up ffs!

No joy!
    I must be a sh1te googler.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Amatuer Irish Musical Society, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jaysis!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

anotehr 6 in waterford today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

spookwoman wrote: »
    anotehr 6 in waterford today

At least it is dropping day on day.
    Hopefully it tails off.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Nypd wrote: »
    At least it is dropping day on day.
    Hopefully it tails off.

Hopefully the double digit days were just blips with schools restarting etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Hopefully the double digit days were just blips with schools restarting etc.

But no additional controls are in place? Are we really complacent enough now to think this thing will sort itself out/just go away?

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see another major bump on Tuesday.

This is a chart with the counties with lowest infection numbers from the start of recording 30/3/2020. Can't put them all together because it makes it just too hard to see. On all its about the end of July the number starts increasing. pretty sharp growth for us. Hope it levels off as well

526958.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Ourselves, Louth, and Donegal up next for lockdown chopping block, according to Glynn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ourselves, Louth, and Donegal up next for lockdown chopping block, according to Glynn...

**** that now

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Council, Mayor, cops etc have issued a joint statement tonight, warning we’re at crossroads, there must be a big increase in the numbers coming

The testing centre was busy again all weekend

My 2 year old niece got tested yesterday, and entertained the tester by singing Let it Go.... the irony there lol. She doesn’t have it but I think the doctors are referring everyone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If I owned a pub I wouldn't restock, looks like we are one or two bad days from Level 3.

jimbojazz wrote:
    My 2 year old niece got tested yesterday, and entertained the tester by singing Let it Go.... the irony there lol. She doesn’t have it but I think the doctors are referring everyone now

Any chance she d do that on wlr, to keep us all sane

Glad to hear she's okay

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Any chance she d do that on wlr, to keep us all sane

Glad to hear she's okay

I’d say she’d have no bother

might give some a much needed giggle, or not!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307831198840881152

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

But no additional controls are in place? Are we really complacent enough now to think this thing will sort itself out/just go away?

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see another major bump on Tuesday.

I was just wondering if Dawn meats numbers were included in yet.
    If they haven't that might be the one that pushes us further ahead.

jopax wrote: »
    I was just wondering if Dawn meats numbers were included in yet.
    If they haven't that might be the one that pushes us further ahead.

From all I'm hearing, Dawn meats numbers are responsible for vast majority of numbers since the Spike began.
    Still some number of cases elsewhere, but Dawn meats making up 80-90% of numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

kuang1 wrote: »
    From all I'm hearing, Dawn meats numbers are responsible for vast majority of numbers since the Spike began.
    Still some number of cases elsewhere, but Dawn meats making up 80-90% of numbers.

I was just curious about the tests they done there on Friday, did they mass test 380?
    Have any figures come back yet on them I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

kuang1 wrote: »

Waterford was doing pretty well numbers wise up till recently. It would be a shame if we were put up another "Level" ditto Dublin because our situation is completely different. I'd better try go for a pint before I can't! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

Jesus christ

****ing careless bastards causing this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus christ

We're just going to have to let this string of stupidity play out. All phases right up thru 5 have schools open in the same conditions. We're going to have to go through all the phases and witness the numbers still rise before anyone will admit they are wrong.

We're just going to have to let this string of stupidity play out. All phases right up thru 5 have schools open in the same conditions. We're going to have to go through all the phases and witness the numbers still rise before anyone will admit they are wrong.

I knw Dublin have there wet pubs closed but looking at the level chart, wet pubs can open with Additional restrictions ?

PTH2009 wrote:

Inevitable unfortunately, particularly when your government decides to reopen businesses and schools, and somehow thinks humans behave rationally and sensibly during an extremely rare event such as a pandemic

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Inevitable unfortunately, particularly when your government decides to reopen businesses and schools, and somehow thinks humans behave rationally and sensibly during an extremely rare event such as a pandemic

I wonder how long it will take to dawn on people that schools aren't a major contributor to cases.

Maybe it won't! ;)

kuang1 wrote:
    I wonder how long it will take to dawn on people that schools aren't a major contributor to cases.

Patience!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wouldn’t read to much into schools expecting to stay open in all stages, if stage 4 becomes a thing, then most people will keep their kids out of school themselves

another 7 in waterford today

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    another 7 in waterford today

Not too bad tbh

Advertisement