Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    our psychological needs are rarely thought about at all, so theres nothing new there

My psychological needs are being looked after with this medicine! This is the new normal after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

My psychological needs are being looked after with this medicine! This is the new normal after all...

same here, was reluctant to do so, but its working

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Yesterday was 3 no numbers for today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

aziz wrote: »
    Call me paranoid, but I starting to think that the government have it in for us here

You are paranoid.....!

The future is always uncertain. Always was always will be. So it's good that the Government stumbles and bumbles it's way along? We are on the about the second or third phased plan level at this point.

It’s an unprecedented dynamic situation the whole world is in......the core message form day one hasn’t changed.....social distance, wash hands, good cough and sneeze etiquette, wearing of masks recently added....and is being done. We are also asked to limit our social contacts.......now how retarded do you have to be if you can’t grasp the above......?

• Advertisement

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    It’s an unprecedented dynamic situation the whole world is in......the core message form day one hasn’t changed.....social distance, wash hands, good cough and sneeze etiquette, wearing of masks recently added....and is being done. We are also asked to limit our social contacts.......now how retarded do you have to be if you can’t grasp the above......?

Some people are struggling with some of these issues, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    You are paranoid.....!

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they haven't got it in for us😉

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »

Come down from that ivory tower of yours as you must have run out of breath constructing that unprecedented sermon. Thankfully we have little cretin's like your good self to bring us back into line! I've followed all the guidelines. However the government does not have control over how we choose to conduct our day to day lives. They are merely advising us; other than mask wearing is not currently a legal requirement to adhere to everything they say. It's called a concept of free will and personal responsibility.
    Meanwhile you should take a good look at yourself most especially the use of the word "retarded" in a public forum. Not very PC or woke as it's called in the current lexicon. It might cause offence. Those in glass house's should not throw stones.

Come down from that ivory tower of yours as you must have run out of breath constructing that unprecedented sermon. Thankfully we have little cretin's like your good self to bring us back into line! I've followed all the guidelines. However the government does not have control over how we choose to conduct our day to day lives. They are merely advising us; other than mask wearing is not currently a legal requirement to adhere to everything they say. It's called a concept of free will and personal responsibility.
    Meanwhile you should take a good look at yourself most especially the use of the word "retarded" in a public forum. Not very PC or woke as it's called in the current lexicon. It might cause offence. Those in glass house's should not throw stones.

Sensitive or what....? The core message is fundamentally simple as above and has been consistent since last February/March.......PC or not PC......’woke’ or not ‘Woke’....,,glass houses and throwing stones...ivory towers wtf.......????

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    Sensitive or what....? The core message is fundamentally simple as above and has been consistent since last February/March.......PC or not PC......

Some are still struggling with these instructions, forgetting social distancing myself from time to time

• Advertisement

Some are still struggling with these instructions, forgetting social distancing myself from time to time

So long as you make some effort most of the time.....where do you forget....inside or outdoors??

Look at mask wearing in shops etc.....I’d make guess it’s above 90%......its a pity the other guidelines are not taken as seriously.....😡

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    So long as you make some effort most of the time.....where do you forget....inside or outdoors??

Mainly indoors I'd say, particularly in shops, rarely where it outdoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure how anyone can miss the markings on the floor at this point. It should be second nature. Every mask is a reminder.

Not sure how anyone can miss the markings on the floor at this point. It should be second nature. Every mask is a reminder.

Ah shops and crowded places can be a little daunting for some at the best of times, I'm still forgetting myself from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

It’s good that more people are catching it, more immunity in the community. Plus there is an opinion that the minuscule particle it take for them to proclaim a positive test could be a dead Covid cell from someone who has recovered or even an antibody. I still ware a mask, wash my hands and avoid the vulnerable.

It’s good that more people are catching it, more immunity in the community. Plus there is an opinion that the minuscule particle it take for them to proclaim a positive test could be a dead Covid cell from someone who has recovered or even an antibody. I still ware a mask, wash my hands and avoid the vulnerable.

Herd ammunity not confirmed yet as being the best thing to do, we still have very little knowledge on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is NO herd immunity. The rate of known immunity is 5% and it doesn't seem to be anything other than a temporary effect.

2 cases in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Junior Hurler

35,000 positive cases in Ireland so far in a population of 5m. That’s 0.7% of the population or if you prefer, 99.3% of the population haven’t got infected. Herd immunity? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

35,000 positive cases in Ireland so far in a population of 5m. That’s 0.7% of the population or if you prefer, 99.3% of the population haven’t got infected. Herd immunity? No.

Looking at those numbers would get you down with all the government/media panic and the way we have to live our lives cause of it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking at those numbers would get you down with all the government/media panic and the way we have to live our lives cause of it

...or does it mean, we re not doing too bad compared to others....

• Advertisement

...or does it mean, we re not doing too bad compared to others....

Yeah you can look at it that way but then again the government Will giving themselves a pat on the back cause of our strict restrictions compared to other countries

Still feel were still panicking a lot and the level plans show that. We should be working towards a full restart by Spring 2021 and not a half one like we are now

Yeah you can look at it that way but then again the government Will giving themselves a pat on the back cause of our strict restrictions compared to other countries

Still feel were still panicking a lot and the level plans show that. We should be working towards a full restart by Spring 2021 and not a half one like we are now

our health system probably doesnt have the capacity to withstand the approach of other countries, this winter is gonna be horrendous on the system

our health system probably doesnt have the capacity to withstand the approach of other countries, this winter is gonna be horrendous on the system

Was it bursting at the seams at the start of lockdown ???

Not having a go at you

trolley numbers going up already especially for Cork. That is a worry because weekend emergency treatment in Waterford is shipped there.

Was it bursting at the seams at the start of lockdown ???

Not having a go at you
    spookwoman wrote: »
    trolley numbers going up already especially for Cork. That is a worry because weekend emergency treatment in Waterford is shipped there.

you can see what theyre trying to do here, its pure protection now, of services, we re heading into peak season, and our system is already near capacity, this winter is gonna be horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

No "probably" about it, we don't.

Just from the point of view of outpatient appointments that were completely cancelled between March and July and the seriously reduced clinics that have been running since mid July, it'll be at least 12-18 months before we're back on track and that's without taking into consideration further restrictions and/or a "lockdown" that we experienced from March to July.

Just from the point of view of outpatient appointments that were completely cancelled between March and July and the seriously reduced clinics that have been running since mid July, it'll be at least 12-18 months before we're back on track and that's without taking into consideration further restrictions and/or a "lockdown" that we experienced from March to July.

Jesus, that's disturbing, our system truly is a train wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Good news we're in low numbers again under 5,
    Hope the few covidiot oddballs ignoring the mask guidlines dont mess it up for us must be hard for retail staff dealing with these turds...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

I would see it the other way, that what was done has kept these numbers so low.

Advertisement