Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Junior wrote: »
    Who's the Covid Officer for Dungarvan GAA ?

Is it Mr mayor DG ? The bloke in the non socially distanced photo that he won't discuss on local radio in usual FG style ?

https://twitter.com/clgdungarvan/status/1310287317865766913/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

hardybuck wrote: »
    We've all experienced lots of challenges over the last few months. I'm sure some people here reading this will be anxious about where this is all going, and personally I find that mindfulness techniques are very helpful for managing stress and anxiety.

Try taking a moment to switch off when you feel yourself getting stressed, or pick a moment during your day to let your mind drift for a bit.

Maybe for some people that means closing your eyes and enjoying a moment in the garden when the birds are singing in the morning. Maybe it's stealing a moment during the day to enjoy a cup of coffee and not getting interrupted by the phone or work.

I've definitely pressed the reset button this year. I'm eating healthier, drinking less and I've lost about a stone. There's loads of stuff I miss but I'll enjoy them and appreciate them when I have them back.

We've all got to be ready for a challenging winter. The country has endured worse, if we can winter this out we can summer anywhere.

Nice one! Tuning out of the constant Covid narrative is a must for everyone as the newsfeeds have been a constant deluge of negativity since mid February. Personally the only social media app I used was Instagram but I left that behind as the lockdown went on. I only check in with the news a couple of times a day otherwise it would overwhelm you. Mindfulness and meditation are great tools to have at hand in these times.
    A walk on the beach and a swim in Newtown Cove is my go to medicine. If it rains I read a book and listen to some music. Distancing myself from the media mania of the pandemic may seem like blissful ignorance but it allows me to maintain a healthy perspective.
    Sadly NPHET's projections do not focus or mention the mental impact of the disease. Long term the repercussions on the mental health of our population will be huge. https://www.thejournal.ie/who-mental-health-covid19-5223822-Oct2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've been to the shop this morning and social distancing is non existant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

So, you will continue to follow the hse advice and not "ignore" them at all then.

I think you need to read what level 5 restrictions are.

BBM77 wrote: »
    I think you need to read what level 5 restrictions are.

I think that people should also remember that the CMO Tony Holohan has already had to issue an apology for causing confusion & alarm in his communications with the general public before with regards to the Cervical Check scandal:rolleyes:

https://www.thejournal.ie/who-mental-health-covid19-5223822-Oct2020/

A different disease and situation but the same scaremongering approach it seems. A leopard doesnt change its spots! Curiously enough if you scroll down through the article Tony came under scrutiny & questioning from none other than the now Min for Health Stephen Donnelly :confused: Doubt he would have the balls to question him again now that they play for the same team so to speak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

lertsnim wrote: »
    I've been to the shop this morning and social distancing is non existant.

It's been like that in most shops for the past couple of months. People have gradually become less and less compliant with wearing masks/wearing masks correctly and sanitising their hands. Time keeping and convenience has become more of a priority than proper infection control measures. When you're moving in a queue formation going into a shop, waiting to sanitise your hands, there's people pushing past you, too close and also not bothering to sanitise their hands.

1 min ago
    NEW: We’re hearing this afternoon that the Government is set to propose nationwide Level 3 restrictions after rejecting NPHET’s Level 5 recommendation.
    Government sources have said that Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan and his team told party leaders that the recommendation to move to Level 5 was not in line with the Government’s published plan.
    It is understood party leaders and ministers at this afternoon’s meeting were told that the move to Level 5 would be outside the norm of Europe but that it was argued that Ireland is “braver”.
    Stay tuned for more…

2 mins ago
    BREAKING: Government is proposing to move to Level 3 restrictions nationwide – subject to Cabinet approval – after rejecting NPHET’s recommendation to move to Level 5.

A sigh of relief!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Level 3 technically closes all pubs and restaurants again thou as only outside dining is permitted, who in there right mind would want to sit outside from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Junior

A sigh of relief!

Not really, because from here on out, the government can no longer say they are following medical advice.

Junior wrote: »
    Not really, because from here on out, the government can no longer say they are following medical advice.

I agree with you, I didn't mean a sigh of relief for me. If the government aren't going to follow the advice of NPHET, what's the point of NPHET?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Level 3 still a disaster for some industries

Could they edit it a bit?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Level 3 still a disaster for some industries

Could they edit it a bit?

This would indicate that there will be some changes to level 3 ok, but I’d imagine they wont involve easing anything

https://twitter.com/RTENewsPaulC/status/1313130157574676481

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Level 3 technically closes all pubs and restaurants again thou as only outside dining is permitted, who in there right mind would want to sit outside from here on in.

It also puts a stop on sporting activities (other than elite), doesn't it? So kids will have to go to school but will be unable to play matches at the weekend. Very unfair.

gscully wrote: »
    It also puts a stop on sporting activities (other than elite), doesn't it? So kids will have to go to school but will be unable to play matches at the weekend. Very unfair.

What is "elite" sporting activities?

Actually as per the Gov.ie website @ Level 3 pubs can remain open and restaurants too *but* with additional restrictions. What these "restrictions" are nobody knows? (Surprise, surprise!). Only the ones in Dublin & Donegal were closed @ this point due to their high numbers
    So we can still go out to eat and have a pint
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#wet-pubs
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0917/1165506-what-does-level-3-mean-covid/

At the moment its only all speculation as there has been no actual message from the Govt themselves. IMO they should move Cork to L3 and both Dublin & Donegal & any other county over 100 to L4. Leave the rest as they are for the time being. That would be the sensible thing to do.

League of Ireland games are anyway as Waterford were able to play Rovers in Dublin a few weeks ago while they were in level 3

Actually as per the Gov.ie website @ Level 3 pubs can remain open and restaurants too *but* with additional restrictions. What these "restrictions" are nobody knows? (Surprise, surprise!). Only the ones in Dublin & Donegal were closed @ this point due to their high numbers
    So we can still go out to eat and have a pint
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#wet-pubs
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0917/1165506-what-does-level-3-mean-covid/

At the moment its only all speculation as there has been no actual message from the Govt themselves. IMO they should move Cork to L3 and both Dublin & Donegal & any other county over 100 to L4. Leave the rest as they are for the time being. That would be the sensible thing to do.

Here are the current guidelines which do clearly state “no indoor dining”

AF9521-AD-94-DB-4-BB6-9072-96-A2558-EE4-B3.jpg

DE435403-EC20-47-D4-B760-387116-CD0-DEB.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Horse racing basically. They make their money even if no one shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Waterford 4 cases yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Professional, the notion being that they can afford frequent testing which may or may not be the case in every instance.

• Advertisement

Looks like the restrictions for pubs and restaurants have been finalised

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1313170205930123265

Not many options here that can do that

Places in the apple market I suppose

Not many options here that can do that

Places in the apple market I suppose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Restaurants and pubs effectively closed.

I went out locally (city centre) for breakfast this morning. It was all very calm, well organised and a smooth process. Not overcrowded at all. I felt completely relaxed, more than I thought I would tbh.

Edit to say it was No.9 I was in and fair play to them they were following all guidelines and it felt a very safe and clean environment.

Would I have done it/enjoyed if I had to sit outside? No bloody way, it's October, cold grey and miserable out constantly.

Even if you could provide outside dining/drinking, who is going to be bothered with it at this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You can say that again. GrowHQ will have to get creative with polytunnels, stretch tents won't cut it when the wind and rain combine.

The apple market will resemble a festival with all the places they have that can serve outdoors but its going to be so hard to get a table

Tullys/Tom Mahers have tables outside

The apple market will resemble a festival with all the places they have that can serve outdoors but its going to be so hard to get a table

Tullys/Tom Mahers have tables outside

It certainly ain’t the weather to be sitting outside though

It certainly ain’t the weather to be sitting outside though

People won't care

• Registered Users Posts: 29,454 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

People won't care

Wanna bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Could be a big rise in suicides in this country due to all this. The mental health effects of this crisis need to be appraised fully.

Advertisement