Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Many bars being shut down across Europe, so it seems the government did that a wise approach, but is it enough I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just came past the Centra in Johns Park which is where the girls of the Ursuline school all get their snack boxes etc, of course it's thronged with them! No masks obviously, I expect the locals esp older ones know just to keep well away between 1 and 2.

I just came past the Centra in Johns Park which is where the girls of the Ursuline school all get their snack boxes etc, of course it's thronged with them! No masks obviously, I expect the locals esp older ones know just to keep well away between 1 and 2.

How are they getting in without masks???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

heard that alright

walking in id say, apparently people dont give a sh1ite in there

Should be reported to the the school I think, when I was in Mount Sion, any misbehavior in places like spar would be reported immediately back to the school.

• Advertisement

Should be reported to the the school I think, when I was in Mount Sion, any misbehavior in places like spar would be reported immediately back to the school.

different times im afraid, apparently some unsavory characters turning up in that shop, truly not giving a fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

The same way most people are getting in, walking in, waiting and hoping for an argument. Staff working in these shops are getting abuse from people who are refusing to wear masks because they "know better" and/or they watched a youtube video so I would say the vast majority of these staff are now very reluctant to approach anyone not wearing a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    different times im afraid, apparently some unsavory characters turning up in that shop, truly not giving a fcuk

Im very uneasy in that shop. Went in there a few times and theres a real air of something is about to kick off any second. Its not from the staff...lets just say certain elements of society can walk straight in, rob what they like and God help anyone who challenges them.

Im very uneasy in that shop. Went in there a few times and theres a real air of something is about to kick off any second. Its not from the staff...lets just say certain elements of society can walk straight in, rob what they like and God help anyone who challenges them.

Oh ive been told that alright, I've only been in there once or twice, been told staff and customers are regularly threatened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Oh ive been told that alright, I've only been in there once or twice, been told staff and customers are regularly threatened

I live nearby, have been to that shop plenty of times and never experience anything like that. The shop floor is over packed, a nightmare going around with a buggy but that's the only complaint is have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

iseegirls wrote: »
    I live nearby, have been to that shop plenty of times and never experience anything like that. The shop floor is over packed, a nightmare going around with a buggy but that's the only complaint is have.

100%, live near it also, and have never seen anything untoward. Also, most are wearing the coverings from what I've seen in there. I saw the owner stop several people for not wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

One case in Waterford yesterday (7th)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Hub Map details updated

08/09/2020 to 21/09/2020
    LEA|Confirmed|100k|ROI per 100k|Total Population
    Dungarvan 6|less than 5|less than 5|70.7|20,497
    Lismore 3|less than 5|less than 5|70.7|10,724
    Portlaw Kilmacthomas|6|35|70.7|17,120
    Tramore Waterford City|30|134.1|70.7|22,372
    Waterford City South|28|124.6|70.7|22,476
    Waterford City East|28|121.8|70.7|22,987

15/09/2020 to 28/09/2020
    Dungarvan 6|less than 5|less than 5|88.2|20,497
    Lismore 3|less than 5|less than 5|88.2|10,724
    Portlaw Kilmacthomas|less than 5|less than 5|88.2|17,120
    Tramore Waterford City|17|76.0|88.2|22,372
    Waterford City South|24|106.8|88.2|22,476
    Waterford City East|15|65.3|88.2|22,987

22/09/2020 to 05/10/2020
    Dungarvan 6|9|43.9|116.4|20,497
    Lismore 3|less than 5|less than 5|116.4|10,724
    Portlaw Kilmacthomas|less than 5|less than 5|116.4|17,120
    Tramore Waterford City|10|44.7|116.4|22,372
    Waterford City South|5|22.2|116.4|22,476
    Waterford City East|5|21.8|116.4|22,987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The dramatic drop within Waterford City shows the effect of a cluster. Get on top if it with track and trace and its effects can be stopped quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Wanderer78/2010......amazingly similar user names and experiences......like a number of more recent posters here I’ve been to that shop in recent weeks including once at lunch time and have seen the place busy with Ursuline kids some with masks some without but have never witnessed the ‘other stuff’ that you’ve both referred to....😡

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Carrick utd, Ballinroad and Dungarvan soccer clubs all suspend actives.

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    Wanderer78/2010......amazingly similar user names and experiences......like a number of more recent posters here I’ve been to that shop in recent weeks including once at lunch time and have seen the place busy with Ursuline kids some with masks some without but have never witnessed the ‘other stuff’ that you’ve both referred to....😡

Its fairly obvious, we re the same person, but in disguise, which one is real though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

That is the annoying thing about the increased restrictions this week. All the shops have stopped enforcing people hand sanitizing on the way in months ago, for example. Any supermarket you go into now half the people don’t even use the hand sanitizers. Why not enforce mask wearing, hand sanitizing, fine the owners of houses who hold house parties etc. Would make more sense that what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Gotta say sanitising and mask compliance is well over 90% in the couple of supermarkets I frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

kuang1 wrote: »
    Gotta say sanitising and mask compliance is well over 90% in the couple of supermarkets I frequent.

I was in Supervalue on the Tramore road on Wednesday and Tesco’s in Poleberry last week and it was certainly not 90% compliance with hand sanitising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

The dramatic drop within Waterford City shows the effect of a cluster. Get on top if it with track and trace and its effects can be stopped quickly.

I too was surprised at the dramatic turnaround in Waterford's numbers over the course of a few weeks. We are doing very well down here both before & after the September spike. With the additional restrictions of L/3 and the majority of the country being advised to stay within their county we might see the national numbers fall by the end of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Unfortunately dungarvan's gonna give us a bit of a spike in the next week or so from what I hear.

All sports should be stopped at least team sports. That carry-on with Dungarvan is ridiculous and incredibly concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

All sports should be stopped at least team sports. That carry-on with Dungarvan is ridiculous and incredibly concerning.

It is stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

JPA wrote: »
    It is stopped.

It’s not, only Non elite matches. Non contact training With pods of 15 is still allowed for all other sports

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

F*ck! 10 cases in Waterford yesterday

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

And more cases this evening for Waterford, obviously we won’t know till tomorrow evening how many more. That **** show in Dungarvan last weekend could well be having an impact now.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Does anyone know where the 10 cases came from, were they individual or a cluster workplace I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

As the covid officer for Dungarvan I think the Mayor may need to consider his position. An absolute shocking decision and apparently they were socializing around the town after the win.

• Advertisement

A ****ing INTERMEDIATE final. Load of bollocks.

A load of has-beens or never-will-be's putting the whole place in jeopardy.

A scandal that ought to lead to plenty of resignations.

Advertisement