Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Heard there’s 3 people in hospital and they all attended a communion party at the Waterfront restaurant in Tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Gael23 wrote: »
    Heard there’s 3 people in hospital and they all attended a communion party at the Waterfront restaurant in Tramore

Well Holy Mother of God

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Heard that also, lad I work with is from Tramore, said a few other of the same family have it also

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

28 additional cases in Waterford in today’s figures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wexford 80! :eek:

• Advertisement

Our incident rate is now up to 130.8 with three counties below us.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Level 5 so

Tbh we work cause it will be like the last time. We have to live with this virus

• Registered Users Posts: 29,450 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Level 5 so

Tbh we work cause it will be like the last time. We have to live with this virus

we are, and upping the levels is the only way, in order to protect the health service, still cant see a level 5 though

I’d be very surprised if they go to level 5 tbh, they’ll definitely bring in extra restrictions but can see them shutting non essential retail just yet as they are trying to balance restrictions and the economy.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I’d be very surprised if they go to level 5 tbh, they’ll definitely bring in extra restrictions but can see them shutting non essential retail just yet as they are trying to balance restrictions and the economy.

That would be for the best i think

If we go to level 4 it means sports can still take place and for some that would a Little lift from the doom and gloom. Not much difference from all the levels other than no sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What retail stays open at level 4?

Apologies lads, that should have read can’t see them shutting non essential retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

What retail stays open at level 4?
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c9158-essential-services-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialservices/#wholesale-and-retail-trade
    Wholesale and retail trade
    The following services relating to wholesale and retail trade:

the operation of essential retail outlets
    wholesale and distribution services necessary for ensuring the availability for sale of food, beverages, fuel, medicinal products, medical devices or appliances, other medical or health supplies or products, essential items for the health and welfare of animals, or supplies for the essential upkeep and functioning of a place of residence
    the operation of automated teller machines and related services

Not much then on the high street. Just bare essentials and the supply chains

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

That's not the up to date list . It was updated recently to include more . Outlets providing electrical , information and communications, technology,phone sales and services.repair and service for places of residence and business. Other retail can open for click and collect

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    That's not the up to date list . It was updated recently to include more . Outlets providing electrical , information and communications, technology,phone sales and services.repair and service for places of residence and business. Other retail can open for click and collect

seems a lot is made up as we go along. Would not surprise if Elite sports gets an exemption if we go into level 5

Maybe its time to draw up a new plan,not much living with covid in the current one :confused::confused::confused:

Tiger Roll wrote: »

They are in there if you look through the sections.

Published at 14 October 2020
    Last updated 15 October 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I used to drive every Saturday from Clonmel to Waterford . City Square will be quiet now for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

2forjoy wrote: »
    I used to drive every Saturday from Clonmel to Waterford . City Square will be quiet now for a while

Sure, what's even in City Square anymore? Debenhams was a massive loss to City Square and to the centre of town.

HSE Operations report

6 Confirmed in Hospital No Change
    1 Confirmed in CC No Change
    2 Suspected in CC +2

34 General beds available +6
    2 CC beds available +1

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid19-daily-operations-update-2000-17-october-2020.pdf

• Advertisement

5 cases locally.

35 in Wexford

EkoCBtHXUAI5RFm?format=jpg&name=small

HSE Operations report

6 Confirmed in Hospital No Change
    1 Confirmed in CC No Change
    0 Suspected in CC -2

30 General beds available -4
    2 CC beds available No change

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-2000-18-october-2020.pdf

EktQJgUXEAEdksf?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We got told in work earlier early enough today we'd all have to work from home as we were going to level 5 from Wednesday, only back in the office properly a couple of weeks. Some pain in the backside!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Irish Independent, Saturday edit. "Last Call" column by Ian O'Doherty.
    "We are all living in a state of stasis. A form of suspended animation seems to have kicked in for many of us. If you step back and look at the people around you, there's a good chance that most of them will be displaying some degree of apathy. We are now living in the era of the collective Covid brain, which has reduced us to a shadow of our former selves. The fact that many people simply shrugged at the idea of Christmas being cancelled is a sure sign that we're collectively losing our mojo. The more sensible among us understand the reasons behind the restrictions, even if many of us also think they have been too drastic. But I do worry that we have gone into a national, emotional funk where all our energy is sapped and there's no pep in our step. The longer the restrictions continue, the harder it will be to break that cycle. Even when this virus is gone, we will be facing consequences for a long time".

Fast forward 48hrs. Straight to Level 5. Nationwide. The plan for stepping up levels abolished. Despite having some of the lowest figures in the country. A six week stretch at the very least. It's going to be one bleak mid Winter for a lot of people. This current regime has been catastrophic in terms of communication, planning and strategy for the pandemic. Rather than being proactive and capitalising on the initial success in suppressing the first wave the Government went on holidays. Who remembers Dr Tony Holohan on the Late Late telling us we had flattened the curve?
    So here we are at the beginning again. Groundhog day. Deja vu. Lock us all away once more. See you in the New Year? Six weeks my aras!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The Barbers are going to be packed for the next two days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Does seem stupid that we get a warning and a couple of days to spread the virus before another lockdown?

Wake me up when it's all over.

The moment level 5 looked like happening I booked mine and got it done last Thursday!

(boards is all over the place again!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Does seem stupid that we get a warning and a couple of days to spread the virus before another lockdown?

I think they are all appointments now anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Irish Independent, Saturday edit. "Last Call" column by Ian O'Doherty.
    "We are all living in a state of stasis. A form of suspended animation seems to have kicked in for many of us. If you step back and look at the people around you, there's a good chance that most of them will be displaying some degree of apathy. We are now living in the era of the collective Covid brain, which has reduced us to a shadow of our former selves. The fact that many people simply shrugged at the idea of Christmas being cancelled is a sure sign that we're collectively losing our mojo. The more sensible among us understand the reasons behind the restrictions, even if many of us also think they have been too drastic. But I do worry that we have gone into a national, emotional funk where all our energy is sapped and there's no pep in our step. The longer the restrictions continue, the harder it will be to break that cycle. Even when this virus is gone, we will be facing consequences for a long time".

Fast forward 48hrs. Straight to Level 5. Nationwide. The plan for stepping up levels abolished. Despite having some of the lowest figures in the country. A six week stretch at the very least. It's going to be one bleak mid Winter for a lot of people. This current regime has been catastrophic in terms of communication, planning and strategy for the pandemic. Rather than being proactive and capitalising on the initial success in suppressing the first wave the Government went on holidays. Who remembers Dr Tony Holohan on the Late Late telling us we had flattened the curve?
    So here we are at the beginning again. Groundhog day. Deja vu. Lock us all away once more. See you in the New Year? Six weeks my aras!

I don’t see the significance of the Ian O’doherty Quote......such a self righteous individual......it’s been a simple message all along since last March reduce the number of social contacts to bare minimum, wear a mask, wash your hands and don’t sneeze or cough on people......but majority obviously are too lazy, selfish or just plain stupid to follow such basic instructions....reflects maybe the ‘I’m alright jack....eff everyone else’ society that we have become.

Advertisement