Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I might make visiting old abandoned graveyards my shutdown project ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I might make visiting old abandoned graveyards my shutdown project ;)

Although that excuse might fail on halloween.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

No surprise numbers are high , heard theres groups of drunken covidiots singing and waffling around the streets like its NYE not lockdown eve...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Hoffmans wrote: »
    No surprise numbers are high , heard theres groups of drunken covidiots singing and waffling around the streets like its NYE not lockdown eve...
    An who told you that.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

HSE Operations report

5 Confirmed in Hospital -1
    0 Confirmed in CC -1
    0 Suspected in CC No Change

25 General beds available -5
    2 CC beds available +1

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-2000-21-october-2020.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

25 additional cases reported for Waterford this evening

Latest LEA Hub data for Waterford
    0610-1910-p1.jpg
    0610-1910-p2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

USA Bargain stores open today, what a rebel!

14 cases, 777 overall 7 deaths notified

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

jimbojazz wrote: »
    USA Bargain stores open today, what a rebel!

I say fair play to him,if he has adequate protective measures in place then why not.

The whole lockdown is bull****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

aziz wrote: »
    I say fair play to him,if he has adequate protective measures in place then why not.

The whole lockdown is bull****

The Greenway was packed with people today all out cycling and walking the carpark at Killoteran was full i could barely get a space ,I don't think people are going to be sticking to the ridiculous 5km distance like the last time which is good to see!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

The goose is cooked now I'm afraid. Our current ineffectual utterly weak leadership is just the icing on the cake. I was out panic buying a Halloween costume yesterday evening, expecting only a handful of options to be available. Every shop I went to was open, most were pretty packed. The roads were as busy as ever. I can't see adherence being very high at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Lock down effective already. Cases down by About 30% since yesterday

The goose is cooked now I'm afraid. Our current ineffectual utterly weak leadership is just the icing on the cake. I was out panic buying a Halloween costume yesterday evening, expecting only a handful of options to be available. Every shop I went to was open, most were pretty packed. The roads were as busy as ever. I can't see adherence being very high at all.

Give an example other than Australia, New Zealand and south/north Korea where things are any better....???

New Zealand getting all the allocates for its exemplary handling of the ‘Kung flu’ but it’s difficult to see how they can ‘open up’ again without the ‘Chinese virus’ spreading being a consequence...?

The Greenway was packed with people today all out cycling and walking the carpark at Killoteran was full i could barely get a space ,I don't think people are going to be sticking to the ridiculous 5km distance like the last time which is good to see!

Saw a few having picnics in the park as well, day for it

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Maybe, just maybe, the cases are beginning to ever so slightly fall as a result of the Level 3 restrictions announced a few weeks back??
    (After all it takes time for these things to actually work!)

Level 5's only a couple of days in. 6 weeks to go. Add in the clocks going back and some seasonably Autumn-Winter weather and the likelihood of people bedding in so the numbers should be in double digits come December. Just an observation but Ireland is really racheting up the restrictions compared to other Euro countries. Wales is taking a 2 week pause for instance.

Feel sorry for small businesses. They're taking the brunt of it all. Cycled through the centre of town this morning. Pretty quiet. Only a few souls for such a nice day.

Parting thought for the Bank Holiday weekend: there's been a huge incremental surge in numbers these past 6/7 weeks; now what else happened at the start of this period? Where 100's of thousands of people are engaged in? In close contact? 30 to a room, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week? With little or no social distancing or mask wearing when they exit the premises?
    Answer: the schools! Especially the secondary one's.

Maybe, just maybe, the cases are beginning to ever so slightly fall as a result of the Level 3 restrictions announced a few weeks back??
    (After all it takes time for these things to actually work!)

Level 5's only a couple of days in. 6 weeks to go. Add in the clocks going back and some seasonably Autumn-Winter weather and the likelihood of people bedding in so the numbers should be in double digits come December. Just an observation but Ireland is really racheting up the restrictions compared to other Euro countries. Wales is taking a 2 week pause for instance.

Feel sorry for small businesses. They're taking the brunt of it all. Cycled through the centre of town this morning. Pretty quiet. Only a few souls for such a nice day.

Parting thought for the Bank Holiday weekend: there's been a huge incremental surge in numbers these past 6/7 weeks; now what else happened at the start of this period? Where 100's of thousands of people are engaged in? In close contact? 30 to a room, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week? With little or no social distancing or mask wearing when they exit the premises?
    Answer: the schools! Especially the secondary one's.

So keep the schools closed.....is that what you are hinting at.....zero covid island....New Zealand approach....???

These lower numbers could also be as a result of the cock up in the contact tracing since last weekend

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Saw a few having picnics in the park as well, day for it

I don’t think I ever remember seeing the park as busy as what it was around 12:30 today

Aquos76 wrote: »
    These lower numbers could also be as a result of the cock up in the contact tracing since last weekend

Much argued point on the covid forum! Looks a bit suspicious alright. We'll know next week.

• Advertisement

HSE Operations report

8 Confirmed in Hospital +1
    0 Confirmed in CC No Change
    1 Suspected in CC +1

11 General beds available -4
    1 CC beds available -1

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid19-daily-operations-update-2000-23-october-2020.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

We will have a few weeks of low numbers after L5 followed by a deadly 3rd wave that will kill all ages like the Spanish flu did , even on lockdown Eve there were drunk groups assembling in town no beating this plague

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

We will have a few weeks of low numbers after L5 followed by a deadly 3rd wave that will kill all ages like the Spanish flu did , even on lockdown Eve there were drunk groups assembling in town no beating this plague

Will this lead to zombies? Because I've been buying as much tinned food as possible the last few weeks and herself is starting to give out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Will this lead to zombies? Because I've been buying as much tinned food as possible the last few weeks and herself is starting to give out.

I'm worried about zombies too. And no matter how much I practice I'm still sh1te with a crossbow.

BCEBA1-B3-4187-4-EDB-8-E6-A-DA66-ED1-C07-CF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

4th best in Ireland the last two weeks. Some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

4th best in Ireland the last two weeks. Some going.

Surely we ll get a prize now, maybe a star!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Surely we ll get a prize now, maybe a star!

Even better. We will have less deaths.

Advertisement