Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Even better. We will have less deaths.

always a bonus i guess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

So we're just ignoring the massive local increase yesterday in favour of slapping ourselves on the back? Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

And if it's 6 today will you also highlight that? No point in looking a one days numbers and trying to draw any conclusion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

All of which can be taken with a grain of salt at present, the HSE having basically admitted defeat with their contact tracing. The actual number could be 16, 60 or 600 at this stage.

All of which can be taken with a grain of salt at present, the HSE having basically admitted defeat with their contact tracing. The actual number could be 16, 60 or 600 at this stage.

daily detected numbers are exactly that, detected numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I know someone working in the labs their attitude is that we are doing more than ten times more tests so of course there will be more cases found.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I know someone working in the labs their attitude is that we are doing more than ten times more tests so of course there will be more cases found.

...and thank god they are

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

22 more cases for Waterford

B35-DAA99-5-DBC-4-DF5-BB36-0-D8-C66-F2-A3-D9.jpg

17 cases per day average over last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Added in Density square km and sorted by Density largest and 14 day cases largest
    density.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

It's a long read but worth it for a different perspective from the group think consensus being shoved down our throats (for SAGE in the UK, read NPHET here);
    https://lockdownsceptics.org/what-sage-got-wrong/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

It's a long read but worth it for a different perspective from the group think consensus being shoved down our throats (for SAGE in the UK, read NPHET here);

Extra problem is these people are not following their own advice. My neighbor is a health service worker working in WRH but not from Waterford. She has gone home to the other end of the country for the long weekend. Using the essential worker sticker they get knowing there will be no problems getting through checkpoints. While the same people are saying we should be recluses and stay home. How many people from around the country working in Waterford stayed here this long weekend instead of going home to family, boyfriend/girlfriend, friends etc. Since the way Waterford was moved to level three restrictions I lost all respect for what is happening.

BBM77 wrote: »
    Extra problem is these people are not following their own advice. My neighbor is a health service worker working in WRH but not from Waterford. She has gone home to the other end of the country for the long weekend. Using the essential worker sticker they get knowing there will be no problems getting through checkpoints. While the same people are saying we should be recluses and stay home. How many people from around the country working in Waterford stayed here this long weekend instead of going home to family, boyfriend/girlfriend, friends etc. Since the way Waterford was moved to level three restrictions I lost all respect for what is happening.

This is spot on. The amount of people who I have heard that have travelled to different parts of the country for the long weekend is unreal, teachers, healthcare workers, students and I also heard of a story of three couples who all work in retail so they are currently off, who are have hired a house on airbnb and were apparently heading from Kildare to Wexford for 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Aquos76 wrote: »
    This is spot on. The amount of people who I have heard that have travelled to different parts of the country for the long weekend is unreal, teachers, healthcare workers, students and I also heard of a story of three couples who all work in retail so they are currently off, who are have hired a house on airbnb and were apparently heading from Kildare to Wexford for 4 days.

Probably the first to bitch when pup was cut

Aquos76 wrote:

I think people have just had enough of lockdowns now, I'm sure it's affecting people's mental health a lot now, I broke the distance curfew a couple of times previously, I'm sure I'll do it again, but doing things such as airbnb is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

There's holiday accommodation next to me. The house is owned by a Doctor and he regularly travels down from Dublin at the weekend.

What can you do with people do that? Nothing and they probably wonder why I try my best to ignore them.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Wasn't that Trump's mantra that tests shouldn't be done because it will only discover more cases.........

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I think people have just had enough of lockdowns now, I'm sure it's affecting people's mental health a lot now, I broke the distance curfew a couple of times previously, I'm sure I'll do it again, but doing things such as airbnb is ridiculous

Oh I hear you, I’ve no doubt I’ll break it also, but it will just be for a spin with my wife and kids just to get out of the house. We won’t be mixing with others. We are still mixing with my mam and my mother in law thou, both of them are living alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

BBM77 wrote: »

Is that all you took from it?

16 additional cases

9-C6-C889-C-3770-4-AF8-93-D9-AC3310056005.jpg

• Advertisement

i hear the tramore 'locals' were out in force today!

and three deaths notified.

ElRhkgYWMBErzqw?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

i hear the tramore 'locals' were out in force today!

Spent a few hours there this afternoon.

Few lads out surfing, people drinking coffees, strolling the beaches. No problems, no hassle, no mass over crowding, careful on your high horse there.

Flyer1 wrote:
    Few lads out surfing, people drinking coffees, strolling the beaches. No problems, no hassle, no mass over crowding, careful on your high horse there.

Jaysis, I'm gonna fall here!

Shur I couldn't give a bollcoks what people are at, I'll more than likely be wondering round the place myself, and I suspect I won't be the only one either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

wish i could drop out to the beach to clear my head, but further than is allowed.

johndoe99 wrote:
    wish i could drop out to the beach to clear my head, but further than is allowed.

Ah you could probably try it via back roads, if your caught, your caught, might be worth it for your well being

Carry some plastic white roses and name a church and graveyard if stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Carry some plastic white roses and name a church and graveyard if stopped!

Or a body in the boot!

Ah you could probably try it via back roads, if your caught, your caught, might be worth it for your well being

Headed out to Woodstown today. I went through Ballygunner to avoid the Garda checkpoint by the Riverside Cottage.

It's good for the head to get out of the house and get some nice sea air. I've been working from home for the past 7 months and my wife normally has the car for her work, so its very rare that I get out of the house nowadays :)

I'm sleeping and working from my bedroom at the moment. Feels like groundhog day, 18 hours a day in the same room between sleeping and working. I'll stick to this lockdown mostly but I'll be nipping out for a walk in the woods or on the beach whenever I get a chance.

• Advertisement

Or a body in the boot!

always works for me
    Headed out to Woodstown today. I went through Ballygunner to avoid the Garda checkpoint by the Riverside Cottage.

It's good for the head to get out of the house and get some nice sea air. I've been working from home for the past 7 months and my wife normally has the car for her work, so its very rare that I get out of the house nowadays :)

I'm sleeping and working from my bedroom at the moment. Feels like groundhog day, 18 hours a day in the same room between sleeping and working. I'll stick to this lockdown mostly but I'll be nipping out for a walk in the woods or on the beach whenever I get a chance.

happy days, well worth it im sure

Advertisement