Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man city (not) banned from Champions league for 2 years [Mod note see first post]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well if they don't win it this year Pep is out of there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will 5th place now qualify for the CL I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will 5th place now qualify for the CL I wonder?

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Appeal and overturned to just a fine incoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

They'll appeal....be successful, be reinstated and receive a fine and a slap on the wrists......naughty naughty Man City .....don't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

PhilipsR wrote: »

They won't accept it without a fight, that's for sure...

Hopefully it's held up,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PhilipsR wrote: »

They have got a €30m fine with this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

They'll appeal alright. Hopefully it stands.

What does this mean for CL places in England this year? I think an Italian team took AC Milan's place when they opted out of European football to avoid FFP sanctions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Plenty of oil money to buy, bribe, intimate their way back out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hopefully it’s doubled after a frivolous appeal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So why haven't they done this already then and prevented the ban and investigation?

Interesting to see how Blue Moon will blame the world for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

€30m fine too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As much as I'd love to see City overturn this so they can be humiliated in the Champions League every year I fear this will be upheld :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sure the fans didn't really want it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

G Stack after exploding somewhere. All his protests that City wouldn't be punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Cynical me wonders if this is FIFA/UEFA just asking for a few oil-money bribes to overturn this on appeal without coming out and saying it.

Well City fans do love to boo the Champions League Anthem so this won't stop that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cynical me wonders if this is FIFA just asking for a few oil-money bribes to overturn this on appeal without coming out and saying it.

What way do you construct your tinfoil hat?

• Advertisement

How many seasons Pep?

giphy.gif

How many years did City get Pep?

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/EJB-LzHWkAgDwqW.mp4

Edit: damn you Harry :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

ASOT wrote: »
    What way do you construct your tinfoil hat?

I get a large bowl and make it around that first, then mould it to the shape of my noggin. Years of practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

**** me. So 5th will qualify ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

makes what Liverpool are doing eevn more impressive beating financial dopers

City's wage bill is obviously completely fake. Who knows how high their real wage bill is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Few white roses should do it given the day is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Twice seasons? Nah, joke does not work, sorry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That Real Madrid tie has somehow become far bigger for them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

ebbsy wrote: »
    **** me. So 5th will qualify ?

Unlikely to be a concern for any of the teams in the Premier League this season

https://twitter.com/markogden_/status/1228389130402455552?s=21
    https://twitter.com/markogden_/status/1228391575694254080?s=21

• Advertisement

How many of the players will want to hang around now as well or players who they want to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Had this happened before? To any other club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Guessing it'll get dragged out for so long that in the end it'll be a suspended sentence and double the fine and city totally promise to behave in the future. Just cannot see city being in the CL next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

They'll appeal, drag it out, pay off who needs to be paid off, over the table in fines and if necessary is suspect under it too if needed. They have the finances to make this difficult for UEFA on so many levels....what are the chances of UEFA getting hacked (or emails being leaked) in the near future?

Big move from UEFA. Really doubling down on the FFP taking on City/UAE. Everyone with any reason knew or at least suspected the gist of what was going on at City, but proving it, and making it stick is another thing.

Suspect the suspension will be appealed and 'suspended', City will appeal to UEFA and CAS and maybe even the German Supreme Court, eventually UEFA will get tired and their legal costs will keep climbing, and they will make a settlement for gazillions of petrodollars.

Big embarrassment for the PR vehicle that is the Manchester City project though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I'd say it's a safe bet Man city will play in the champions league next season and the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

They'll appeal, drag it out, pay off who needs to be paid off, over the table in fines and if necessary is suspect under it too if needed. They have the finances to make this difficult for UEFA on so many levels....what are the chances of UEFA getting hacked (or emails being leaked) in the near future?

Big move from UEFA. Really doubling down on the FFP taking on City/UAE. Everyone with any reason knew or at least suspected the gist of what was going on at City, but proving it, and making it stick is another thing.

Suspect the suspension will be appealed and 'suspended', City will appeal to UEFA and CAS and maybe even the German Supreme Court, eventually UEFA will get tired and their legal costs will keep climbing, and they will make a settlement for gazillions of petrodollars.

Big embarrassment for the PR vehicle that is the Manchester City project though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Finally City will get a proper hearing away from the corrupt Cartel that is Uefa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just a summary of why

https://www.90min.com/posts/6216627-spotlight-on-man-city-the-key-points-from-der-spiegel-on-alleged-dodgy-dealings-ffp-subversion

they'll learn an important lesson from this, if you're going to do crime don't talk about it on emails

This would be a good time for CAS to stand up for the little guys ;)

So then three possibles

A) CAS back UEFA two year ban upheld. Pep leaves and so do a number of top players.
    B) CAS partially back UEFA, ban reduced to one season plus fine or both seasons and fine suspended.
    C) CAS overturn the whole thing and Man City sue UEFA. Lawyers get fantastically rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Are City exceptional?

Why not investigate Chelsea or PSG?

• Advertisement

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Finally City will get a proper hearing away from the corrupt Cartel that is Uefa.

I know. City should drop out of the CL as a form of protest. That'll show that pesky UEFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Liverpool next for taking Van Dyje on a rollercoaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Liverpool next for taking Van Dyje on a rollercoaster.

Who?

Do you mean van Dijk?

Oil Countries don't suffer from embarrassment they murder people for fun and have no shame and happily stick two fingers up to the rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The fine coupled with no CL revenue for 2 years is a massive amount of money to lose out on, potentially over 200m

Mb9ixon.png

I think getting out of this may not be as easy as people say, bribe people here and there, delay it.

The obvious issue is...if that was possible, it's a lot harder now a decision is made. Will UEFA tie itself up in knots for one club? Very powerful and rich clubs have been sanctioned in the past by smaller national organisations, Marseilles, Juve etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭FluffPiece

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Are City exceptional?

Why not investigate Chelsea or PSG?

From what I remember, both PSG and Chelsea agreed to cooperate with any investigations and basically bent over for UEFA.

City denied everything and refused everything. Correct to do if nothing to hide but come on, new owners came in suddenly they were getting massive sponsorship deals that dwarfed everyone else in the league. Even Man Utd couldn't get close to the deals at the time and say what you like about them, that club generates cash like noone else almost.

Madrid to knock Pep out this season would be poetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There's going to be some atmosphere at the Eitihad against RM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

murpho999 wrote: »
    Who?

Do you mean van Dijk?

Sean Van Dyce

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement