Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I leave

Options
  • 14-02-2020 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, I am 32 and work in sales currently.
    I kind of fell into the sales role after never really having any interest in selling.
    When there is no pressure and sales are going well it is obviously not too bad but when its going bad i find it stressful and have days i hate the job.While going through some lean sales weeks i have been close to blowing up and just walking out on numerous occasions. I am also hitting the whiskey a lot during the week after work and put it down to the stress and it being a coping mechanism. I Suppose my question is- does everyone in sales go through these ups and downs ? or maybe i am not cut out for it,which is fine. I would rather be happy and earning slightly less in a low stress environment. If anyone was in a similar situation i would appreciate their advice or advice in general

Advertisement