Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dragon Quest V Movie

• 15-02-2020 12:38am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just finished watching the DQV movie Dragon Quest Your Story, on Netflix.
    Watched the English dub as well.
    Honestly, it was brilliant, if you have had a love for the franchise.
    Not only does it do a great job of adapting the game but there's tons of musical callbacks too.
    The final twist is bat**** crazy though.

Watching it I couldn't help wondering what a Chronotrigger movie might be like, given it is probably the best Japanese RPG of all time, if not the best RPG full stop.
    No, Legend of Zelda is not an RPG...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I watched this last night too. I really enjoyed it, but I did not love the ending. I won't go into spoilers, but it didn't work for me at all.

I haven't played Dragon Quest 5, as I only got into the series on Switch, so I've no idea how faithful this is. I gave it three stars on letterboxd. Would have been four had they gone a different route with the ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, Legend of Zelda is not an RPG...

I thought BOTW was a Really Playable Game. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm probably going totry and collect physical editions of them all now!
    THat said, the SFC versions are probably pointless, as I don't speak Japanese!
    The physical release on the Switch is nice though.

So, in the time it took to type the above I just went to Aliexpress and bought a set of translated bootlegs!
    Don't judge me!!
    I've got the DS games as well, but there's something lovely about the original hardware, tbh.
    Plus, the four carts, DQ1+2, DQ3, DQ5 and DQ6 came to about €40 delivered, so not to bad.
    I'll just have to wait until after St Patrick's day before they arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Is V the one where they visit the irish island? Were we ok? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is V the one where they visit the irish island? Were we ok? :)

Might be DQVII...
    https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Ballymolloy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Ah wrong dq my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished watching it as well. It was quite decent. Not amazing, though the animation was, and it suffered a bit in pacing, but it was fun, and my only experience of Dragon Quest is XI, which I'm playing on the Switch now.

Advertisement