Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2020

Options

Comments

Just got an email back there from someone in IPS and they said "Due to the current lockdown and Government restrictions we have no confirmed dates yet as to when we can proceed with these but as soon as we do we will be in touch." - In regards to medical and fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Biker90

Yes but a lot already hav medical fitness test complete and just got clearance recently so I’m guessing classes commence next few weeks 👍

Ah ok cool, are you from the 2020 campaign ? I know they had taken in I believe 2/3 classes before Christmas think they are finishing up soon, so hopefully your in soon aswell.

2019 waitin on news to start soon everything done

Hopefully its soon for you, long process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Smahony

I spoke to IPS Longford last week about 2020 security clearance and they said it being processed by a private company and will take 12-18 months for it to come back. She said I could be called for physical and medical in mean time.

U can bet it will be a long wait .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clum2020

Biker90 wrote: »
    2019 waitin on news to start soon everything done

@Biker90 best of luck with it and hope all goes well mate.

Smahony wrote: »
    I spoke to IPS Longford last week about 2020 security clearance and they said it being processed by a private company and will take 12-18 months for it to come back. She said I could be called for physical and medical in mean time.

I would be inclined to agree with you mate as based on some comments from 2019 candidates it really does seem a long drawn out process.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Guerillabear

Smahony wrote: »

Only in Ireland would it take that long. It also makes no sense to take fitness/medical for likely over 1 year prior to beginning to work somewhere.

• Advertisement

Only in Ireland would it take that long. It also makes no sense to take fitness/medical for likely over 1 year prior to beginning to work somewhere.

Agreed, so potential medical/PCT carried out in coming months and you could pile on a few stone during COVID or unfortunately suffer an injury post testing and be called up a year later to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

Says on the recruitment form the clearance should take approx 10 weeks, do you have many relatives abroad or something? waiting a year seems ludacris

10 weeks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JaneONeill5

I placed over 500 on OOM so I’m just waiting to be called for the interview (which will be months). Has anyone from the 2020 campaign done their medical yet? Going to be a long process, at least 18 months I reckon before batches will be called from the 2020 to start training. Still loads waiting from 2019 to get a start date, so that should give you a good insight as to how long the 2020 will take. If anyone had passed their interview could you let me know if there has been word of a medical yet? Hopefully there’s someone in the same numbers on OOM as myself, who’s still hopeful

Prob be end year to process clearance seems to be biggest delay issue ring them for updates

I placed over 500 on OOM so I’m just waiting to be called for the interview (which will be months). Has anyone from the 2020 campaign done their medical yet? Going to be a long process, at least 18 months I reckon before batches will be called from the 2020 to start training. Still loads waiting from 2019 to get a start date, so that should give you a good insight as to how long the 2020 will take. If anyone had passed their interview could you let me know if there has been word of a medical yet? Hopefully there’s someone in the same numbers on OOM as myself, who’s still hopeful

As far as I'm aware none from the 2020 campaign has completed a medical or PCT to date due to long delays with security clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JaneONeill5

clum2020 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware none from the 2020 campaign has completed a medical or PCT to date due to long delays with security clearance.

Is any one else in the same position number wise of the OOM on here? Who’s in the 500’s? A friend of mine placed 700 in 2018 campaign and she’s finished her training and working in there now. She said not to worry about the OOM that everyone gets called for interview .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Matty374

Anyone here recently undergo stage 4 interview phase? Have you heard anything back good or bad from the interview.

Matty374 wrote: »
    Anyone here recently undergo stage 4 interview phase? Have you heard anything back good or bad from the interview.

Just you read over previous posts..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Interviewed last week nothing yet not sure do we hear either way or not

• Advertisement

Just you read over previous posts..

What would he find in previous posts about ppl who just interviewed in the last two weeks?

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    What would he find in previous posts about ppl who just interviewed in the last two weeks?

The original question never stated anything about the 'last two weeks' I was merely trying to be helpful seen as no one else bothered to reply to the question. Just for the record many comments and questions throughout this thread regarding interview stage.

The original question never stated anything about the 'last two weeks' I was merely trying to be helpful seen as no one else bothered to reply to the question. Just for the record many comments and questions throughout this thread regarding interview stage.

He said 'recently'

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Anyone from 2020 get their security clearance yet

timmy2772 wrote: »

No Timmy, I’m in the 50’s - not a peep.

timmy2772 wrote: »

Got mine two weeks ago via phone call but no additional info or update since.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AndrewTW

Hi, I heard back yesterday from the interview last week so next now is the security clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shane398

Also found out yesterday that I passed the interview stage, what are the chances of failing from here on out? Also realistically if I am successful when roughly could I expect to start does anyone know? Thank you

Shane398 wrote: »
    Also found out yesterday that I passed the interview stage, what are the chances of failing from here on out? Also realistically if I am successful when roughly could I expect to start does anyone know? Thank you

Shane you’re killing us here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia2013

Got mine two weeks ago via phone call but no additional info or update since.

Were you wanting long for the security clearance, from when you sent it off to hearing back? I'm hearing a lot of different things from people, anything from 10 weeks to 18 months. Not sure what to believe..

Advertisement