Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Surveyors Report

Options
  • 15-02-2020 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Received a report over a week ago and it is very disappointing. I don't mean because the property has irreparable damage or serious issues, it looks like there has been absolutely no work put into it. A lot of it looks like a copy and paste job, because there are so many points that are not relevant to the property, and so many more that we are unsure if they relate because they are general points and not specific. Our solicitor has already engaged a second surveyor because he said that if we hand that report to our lender, they will refuse us.

A few examples from the report are as follows:
    ~ Extension is of lower quality and should be rebuilt.
    (nothing specific mentioned about condition of extension, we have viewed the property twice, and our solicitor has the Certificate of competence and compliance with building regs)
    ~ Skylights should be checked for signs of leakage.
    (there are no skylights in the property)
    ~ Fit a cooker hood ducted to the exterior.
    (cooker already has a hood, and exterior ducted hoots are less energy efficient as they draw cold air in)
    ~Fuel burning appliances should be checked.
    (there are no fuel burning appliances, only an electric heating system)

There is also a LOT of points and paragraphs that are repeated, often word for word. For example, the point about the rebuild of the lower quality extension is mentioned four times throughout the report, but there is not a single explanation as to why it is of lower quality.

This report took four weeks to get to us, I had to hound the surveyor as he promised 3-5 working days, and it just seems like a waste of time and money.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, or any advice on what to do about it??

Advertisement